Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just to reiterate the sticky:

Going off-topic to off-ice aspects of the Kane situation that have no bearing on the hockey side of things will not be accepted. Keep in mind that this site is PG rated and posting material that is graphic or potentially inappropriate will not be allowed.

Violators will be subject to threadbans and infractions. Repeated and widespread violations will cause the thread to be re-locked.

This is the only warning for this leg of the thread.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

Interesting that they take these allegations "very seriously" but didn't take almost identical allegations from his time in Buffalo seriously when they acquired him. Doug hitched his wagon to a known scumbag and deserves to go down with him.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
To be clear here, we can only discuss how Kane not being on the roster until the second investigation is complete will affect the team on the ice?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Interesting that they take these allegations "very seriously" but didn't take almost identical allegations from his time in Buffalo seriously when they acquired him. Doug hitched his wagon to a known scumbag and deserves to go down with him.

When they acquired him, those accusations had proof that it was all made up. Once the video from inside the night club was provided the so called victim withdrew the case as quickly as it arrived.

This is completely different as these have not been investigated yet.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
When they acquired him, those accusations had proof that it was all made up. Once the video from inside the night club was provided the so called victim withdrew the case as quickly as it arrived.

This is completely different as these have not been investigated yet.

I don't see how this is different since no criminal charges have been filed and the nature of these allegations make them impossible to independently verify. It's a question of whether they want a player who has been accused of sexual assault by several women on their team or not, same as it was when they traded for him. If the only standard they care about is criminal conviction they shouldn't be holding him out of camp now since he's not going to be charged for this either.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
To be clear here, we can only discuss how Kane not being on the roster until the second investigation is complete will affect the team on the ice?

Speaking of the investigation process (NHL authority, timeframe, etc), Kane's place on the team, the stresses put on the team are perfectly fine.

The content of the investigation will not be discussed here until the process fully plays out.

This is all thanks to Brian Burke suing HF and several posters before. You don't want that.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
IIRC, if found guilty, EK9 can be suspended by the league (I seem to recall some have been pretty lengthy, like a significant part of a season).

And from clause in the NHL collective bargaining agreement pertaining to criminal investigation in general:
Section 18-A.5 states, "the League may suspend the Player pending the League's formal review and disposition of the matter where the failure to suspend the Player during this period would create a substantial risk of material harm to the legitimate interests and/or reputation of the League."

Now, the current allegations from (ex-)wife are civil in nature as part of the divorce proceedings. It could be that the DA in the vicinity of the alleged assault and abuse could pursue criminal charges against EK9.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of the investigation process (NHL authority, timeframe, etc), Kane's place on the team, the stresses put on the team are perfectly fine.

The content of the investigation will not be discussed here until the process fully plays out.

This is all thanks to Brian Burke suing HF and several posters before. You don't want that.
Actually wasn’t aware of that Canadian Court case. No further comment there.

As far as the suspension until results are found out, what happens if the investigation takes 3 months and he is found innocent? Does SJ receive any kind of draft compensation or something for potentially being without a first line winger for a 1/3 of the season in that scenario?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Actually wasn’t aware of that Canadian Court case. No further comment there.

As far as the suspension until results are found out, what happens if the investigation takes 3 months and he is found innocent? Does SJ receive any kind of draft compensation or something for potentially being without a first line winger for a 1/3 of the season in that scenario?

We have Canadian posters.

Kane isn't suspended as of now. As far as compensation, my guess would be cap relief at best.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
We have Canadian posters.
TRAVELCHANGE_65030x40.jpg

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Results of the investigation:

Man, reading through that, I had was happy to see no evidence was found, and at least one allegation could be put to rest for the most part. I really never expected any to be found, because Kane's play, especially last year, did not come across like someone throwing games at all. Even the years prior, the only thing that might give someone pause to question him was the amount of penalties he took but that was a pretty flimsy argument to me.

And...then we find out there is more unassociated crap they found. Great..the saga continues.

At least we got quick word he wont be at camp, although that just makes the new info seem potentially very damning if it required an immediate removal of him from camp until further notice.

I just want this whole thing over with, really wish these legal proceedings could move faster, and we could just know if Kane will be a Shark or not.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Safe to say Blichfeld is a lock for the LW spot?
Why Blich? Don't see him having any better chance really. Seems like lot's of guys ahead of him but who knows. Maybe he comes in and has an amazing camp? I wouldn't mind at all but just not seeing it out of him at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
He's the next component LW in the line.
I see them playing guys on their off wing then before Blich. But, it looks like Barabanov (plays both sides), Balcers, Dahlen, Eklund, Gregor, Gushin, Leonard, Meier (plays both sides), Nic Merkley are all left shot wingers who probably play ahead of Blich. It would seem that RW is where the Sharks have the most room for someone to play up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad