Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Look at their stats.

Devin was a 30 goal scorer in San Jose & then started to regress every year.

Kane is doing the exact same thing.

I said other than the not producing part right now part and you say look at the stats but ignore how lazy and out of shape Seto was in comparing the two. I think Garret has provided some good stats to show that maybe we should just wait and see how the rest of the season plays out.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I am just being honest & not wearing rose colored glasses.
He is not slumping he is regressing.
Teams have completely figured him out.

The Jets have already proven that they can win without him on more than one occasion.

If you honestly don't think Kane will score 11 goals over his final 50 games you are not being honest you are being foolish.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

The Jets have already proven that they can win without him on more than one occasion.

The value he brings is more than goals.
I'm not sure how he is regressing and not slumping though.
This year he's slumping, but his lower goal totals the last couple of years has to do with number of games played. Based on 82 games they project to close enough to the 30 he scored, that calling it a regression is an abuse of the word.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Their winning % is much higher without Enstrom as well, should they trade him too?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
So Kane is lauded for being a tryer now? The league is full of players who bust their ass every night and also chip in more goals.

Way to remove all context...

No one is saying that trying is sufficient.
But if you are going to compare players work ethic seems like a reasonable place to start.
That comment was in response to Kane being equated to Seto.
But of course you knew that.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What Kane & Seto have in common is their " regression ".

Kane trying hard & getting no points or Seto being lazy & getting no points has nothing to do with it.

We are not paying Kane 6 million a year for his personalty.

Way to remove all context...

No one is saying that trying is sufficient.
But if you are going to compare players work ethic seems like a reasonable place to start.
That comment was in response to Kane being equated to Seto.
But of course you knew that.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Kane trying hard & getting no points or Seto being lazy & getting no points has nothing to do with it.

The difference is that Kane is good at hockey, while Seto is not. Kane is just unlucky right now.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Or just ignore post 929

Also Crosby hs regressed in his goal scoring. Kane for Croz E4

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Regressing at age 23? Considering most forwards peak between the ages of 25-29, I'm not sure how that's possible. Much more likely he's slumping and this only relates to scoring, not sure any other parts of his game are regressing or slumping.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

Assist on winning goal against Edmonton is not getting any points ok :shakehead as the most recent example, I would think Kane's work ethic and Seto's work ethic has everything to do with it because true regession for Kane would be to become lazy like Seto. Kane fits in perfectly with the identity of this team, big and fast.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

You keep using this word but I don't think you actually know what it means...

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lets see how many goals he has by the end of the season & we can further evaluate his regression & lack of scoring.

Mentioning Crosby or Evander Kane's name in the same sentence is really what is laughable.

You keep using this word but I don't think you actually know what it means...

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Lets see how many goals he has by the end of the season & we can further evaluate his regression & lack of scoring.

Mentioning Crosby or Evander Kane's name in the same sentence is really what is laughable.

Can you explain for all of us exactly what "regression" is then?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Amazing. So that means you're going to stop talking about it till then?Kay, great.

But Kane and Seto makes perfect sense :shakehead

seasontixholder*

OK let me get this straight. First it's Kane is regressing, time to move him. Then it's we can evaluate how his numbers are at the end of the season. Please make up your mind.

Wheeler had a 9 or 10 game slump. Should we have dumped him too in that time?

Tired of the doom and gloom. The Jets are winning but people need to complain about something. Ya know what I am going to complain too. The Winkler Meats Jets Dog is terrible. There I said it. Trade Winkler Meats for Nathan's.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Kane has not really been regressing his GPG since his 30 goal season have been right around 30 over 82 GP. This year he is still producing shots but he has the lowest SH% of his career which to me would suggest bad luck, he has also had some trouble staying healthy. His hockey sense isn't great so I doubt his point totals are going up drastically but eventually his SH% is going to revert and goals are going to start going in (provided his hand isn't the culprit and it's permanently damaged).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad