Value of: Evander Kane To Vancouver

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
just stop with Sbisa. not happening.

Stop with Edler, Tanev, Juolevi, 1st round suggestions and maybe we won't come throw you a Sbisa's pizza.
Kane has no value, you accept a contract that adds no NHL value ala Clarkson for Horton or you pay for the privilege you be rid of a player who doesn't fit your team ala Bickell and Tuevo for nothing. If you want to keep the high end youngsters you have around such a model citizen give'r'

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
On a serious note

Is Kane + for Tanev a reasonable basis of a trade.

Unless the '+' is/are significant pieces, I'd say no.

Tanev is one of the most underrated gems in the NHL in my opinion. No way I'd move Tanev for Evander Kane.

I'm all for bringing in Evander Kane and giving him another shot, but only under the understanding that we'd be buying low on him. So what does buying low entail? Sbisa, Dorsett, and a 3rd at most.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Stop with Edler, Tanev, Juolevi, 1st round suggestions and maybe we won't come throw you a Sbisa's pizza.
Kane has no value, you accept a contract that adds no NHL value ala Clarkson for Horton or you pay for the privilege you be rid of a player who doesn't fit your team ala Bickell and Tuevo for nothing. If you want to keep the high end youngsters you have around such a model citizen give'r'
those werent even Sabres fans making those silly offers and lifeisruff simply asked if Kane+ for Tanev was doable.

I dont think you'll find any Sabres willing to dump Kane for a cap dump/crap just to move him right now.

Hansen is an idea, but you guys would probably prefer to keep him

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
those werent even Sabres fans making those silly offers and lifeisruff simply asked if Kane+ for Tanev was doable.

I dont think you'll find any Sabres willing to dump Kane for a cap dump/crap just to move him right now.

Hansen is one of the guys I'd like to keep around to mentor our youngsters. . . Moving him for a headcase like Kane could have disastrous effects

As other nucks fans have mentioned, we really only take the risk adding that to the locker room at a rock bottom price

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

See this is where things usually sideways. I could care less who the fans of each team they are, doesn't remove the suggestion.
This is my problem, Kane has legal troubles, as in he has actually been arrested and is facing charges for violence against women. This isn't his first offence in this, this year! So again I have to ask, where is his value to any NHL team acquiring him? Hell his arch-nemesis Dusty Buff almost couldn't play cross border due to less legal trouble.
Jannik Hansen adds value to a team on the ice and off, comes in at 2.5 million cap hit, scores 30-40 points a season, brings highend PK ability and is the perfect utility player to compliment skilled scorers. So what are the Sabres offering of actual value to an NHL organization on top of Kane?

If I see the kid who kept claiming Kane will bounce back like Patty Kane. Well Pat Kane has all world skill in every aspect of the game of hockey, not just skating fast in a straight line or shooting the puck hard. He also is well liked by his teammates, coaching staff, management team and team's fans. Something Evander has not had in his two stops in the NHL so far.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
This isn't his first offence in this, this year!

He hasn't been charged for anything this year except for trespassing and his non-criminal harassment charges (what you called violence against wonmen) are the same level as getting caught prank calling someone.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
See this is where things usually sideways. I could care less who the fans of each team they are, doesn't remove the suggestion.
This is my problem, Kane has legal troubles, as in he has actually been arrested and is facing charges for violence against women. This isn't his first offence in this, this year! So again I have to ask, where is his value to any NHL team acquiring him? Hell his arch-nemesis Dusty Buff almost couldn't play cross border due to less legal trouble.

If I see the kid who kept claiming Kane will bounce back like Patty Kane. Well Pat Kane has all world skill in every aspect of the game of hockey, not just skating fast in a straight line or shooting the puck hard. He also is well liked by his teammates, coaching staff, management team and team's fans. Something Evander has not had in his two stops in the NHL so far.

Correct me if I am wrong but the only charges that he has had against him at all is trespassing. And that likely wont stand.

I am not giving the guy a break or saying he is a saint but people who are saying he has no value are lying. He has value, just not all world value. He is a 40 point winger with size and a great possession game. I doubt the Sabres trade him, and nobody will talk about his charges once the season starts.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Stop talking about Tanev.
Larsson, an inferior defenceman to tanev, got Taylor Hall.
Prices for defencemen are at an all time high. Tanev is worth so much right now.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Do not see Vancouver giving Buffalo anything Buffalo wants for Kane. Buffalo will not let him go for scraps or a player they will lose in expansion. There is nothing the 2 teams could make the basis of a decent hockey trade.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Jannik Hansen adds value to a team on the ice and off, comes in at 2.5 million cap hit, scores 30-40 points a season, brings highend PK ability and is the perfect utility player to compliment skilled scorers. So what are the Sabres offering of actual value to an NHL organization on top of Kane?

Uhhh no actually he's facing a misdemeanor charge for tresspassing, he probably will just get a slap on the wrist, it's not like he is getting charged with assault.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Kane is only worth a cap dump at this point.

Negative value.

Lots of teams will take a chance on him but nobody is giving up assets for him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...r+evander+kane+would+fill/12082019/story.html

Fast forward and the Canucks face a polarizing decision. Make a play for Kane, and many believe he can’t and won’t change his off-ice demeanour. At one point Monday, a TSN 1040 poll showed 56 per cent of 700 respondents didn’t want the Canucks to make a trade pitch. Then again, make a play and others will point to an exciting 30-goal winger with a palatable contract of two more years at a $5.2-million-US annual cap hit ($6 million in actual salary). The Canucks have also had past interest in Kane.

So, how many Nucks fans in this thread voted in that poll?

:laugh:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Even without his off ice/dressing room issues; how much is a 40 point injury prone winger worth when you add in the fact that he makes 5+ million a year

Shagpile

May 28, 2016
just stop with Sbisa. not happening.

Ben Kuzma a beat reporter in Vancouver said he's called Sabres to find out about what it would take to get Kane and THEY brought up Sbisa. It's not some far fetched crazy idea.

Most of the crap that Sbisa gets on these boards are from whiny Canucks fans that just scream fire everyone and believe that all our players suck. Canucks might need to add a pick, but that's value for value at this point in time.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
don't do it Vancouver... PLEASE don't do it... his hometown, going to hang out with his buddies he grew up with and get into trouble. While playing junior in Van, he wasn't well liked amongst his teammates and was always out with his buddies away from the team. I realize in NHL you don't have to hang out with your teammates away from the rink, but you gotta be sure you have a good working relationship with them.

This will be a disaster if Benning does this... I shook my head the instant Murray traded for him in Buffalo due to the unreal youth Sabres have and how much of a disaster it would be having the youth look up to him... and ofcourse it went sideways.... and now its rumored Van could take a run at him now too? I don't want to see the youth around this guy... stay away Benning!!!

Vancouver Giants he was a bad teammate, Winnipeg he was a bad teammate, Buffalo hes a bad teammate and getting into trouble with the law... somewhat of a trend here

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Even without his off ice/dressing room issues; how much is a 40 point injury prone winger worth when you add in the fact that he makes 5+ million a year

Yeah you're dealing for a guy with a fairly hefty salary and off ice/character troubles with the potential to bring in scoring... not guaranteed scoring... Pretty big difference and ultimately a pretty significant risk.

I'd take the gamble but would be very upset if Nux traded anything of significance for him... Granlund and Sbisa is most id give

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Kane is only worth a cap dump at this point.

Negative value.

Lots of teams will take a chance on him but nobody is giving up assets for him.

Buffalo will keep Kane then.Does anybody really think Buffalo's just going to trade Kane for crap just because?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Fast forward and the Canucks face a polarizing decision. Make a play for Kane, and many believe he can’t and won’t change his off-ice demeanour. At one point Monday, a TSN 1040 poll showed 56 per cent of 700 respondents didn’t want the Canucks to make a trade pitch. Then again, make a play and others will point to an exciting 30-goal winger with a palatable contract of two more years at a $5.2-million-US annual cap hit ($6 million in actual salary). The Canucks have also had past interest in Kane.

Kane has scored 30 goals 1 time. Other players have scored 30 goals 1 time. He may very well return to that mark but he will have to prove it. He would need to prove an attitude change and the ability to stay healthy for most of the season to do it. Otherwise, I don't consider him a 30 goal scorer and most of the excitement seems to happen after the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad