Value of: Evander Kane to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Kane to Nashville.

They need a left wing.

Fits in the core age, Nashville has a limelight, fits the style of play.

(correct me if I'm wrong, not trying to offend anyone, but isn't Western Canada big country fans???)

Vancouver certainly isn't, which is his hometown. So I'd say the "country" allure is not a selling point.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
I'm not versed.

It's all good.

I'd like him in Montreal, personally. He'd be perfect for the 2nd line with both size, toughness and skill. NFL players do worse stuff all the time and, except for the extreme cases, they get stay on teams and play. As insurance, I presume there's a morality clause in his contract, which gives the team the option to terminate the agreement on condition of certain un-moral events.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
New charges and an extradition order?

No new charges this was all related to the last issue that happened over draft weekend. One of the charges has more holes in it then a colander. They somehow decided to bring up charges for trespassing. The bar owner and his lawyer have both come out and publicly stated that he was not trespassing. :laugh:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No way in the world, the Habs go near Kane....absolutely zero chance.....Subban was a choirboy, and they thought his personality was too big.....imagine Kane on St Catherine;s St downtown Montreal...:shakehead

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Zero chance habs take a flyer on the guy. But with his value this low, it wouldn't cost much at all, Buffalo is probably hoping someone takes him off their hands.

Alexei Emelin and a 2nd round pick

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Kane - Plekanec - Gallagher
Shaw - Danault - Andrighetto
Carr - Mitchell - Farnham/Byron

Son of Soren

May 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The guys a proven 20 goal scorer with an 7% shot accuracy... With the right players, he can hit 30 again. :popcorn:

With the right linemates he will score 20 goals with 7% accuracy..... with horrible linemates he will score 20 goals with 7% accuracy. He doesn't exactly play well with others, just skate fast up the boards and take bad angle shots.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Zero chance habs take a flyer on the guy. But with his value this low, it wouldn't cost much at all, Buffalo is probably hoping someone takes him off their hands.

Alexei Emelin and a 2nd round pick

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Kane - Plekanec - Gallagher
Shaw - Danault - Andrighetto
Carr - Mitchell - Farnham/Byron

If the sabres are going to trade him, it is going to be in a trade that makes the team better. They are looking for playoffs not lottery picks.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
What the hell do we want this loser for?

Seriously.
We trade away the guy who donates huge to the local charities and hospitals, loves the team, the city, the fans, and actually wants to be here and bring a cup here.
We should consider guys who spend more time in trouble with their managements, their teammates, and the law than they do playing hockey.

The legendary Montreal Canadienss ladies and Gentlemen

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The only Kane I want on the team is Patrick Kane or Demon Kane. Evander Kane can **** right off to the moon or something for all I care.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
The only Kane I want on the team is Patrick Kane or Demon Kane. Evander Kane can **** right off to the moon or something for all I care.

You mean the guy that assaulted a cab driver and just finished up being investigated for rape? Nice.

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Evander Kane is a great third line/good second line winger who can play on the power play and the penalty kill. He scores, hits, has good possession numbers and potted 20 last year. If he isn't guilty, why the hell would the Sabres wanna move him? Because Pierre McGuire said so!? HAHAHA

Every team has at least 1 d**che bag, it's naive to think otherwise. Some are just louder than the others.

And please don't tell me "BUT HE ASSAULTED A GIRL!" Fine, then Patrick Kane raped a girl. Oh what's that? Patrick was never proven guilty? Oh okay, good. Then you have no argument either. Don't preach to anyone about how bad of a person Evander is unless you have concrete evidence...

...and no, I don't consider track suits and money phones concrete evidence of being a bad person. If you do, that's your own problem.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
High risk, higher reward, that's why.

Pacioretty-Glachenyuk-Gallagher
Kane-Plekanec-Radulov

That's a solid top 6 right there.

I watched this moron play in winnipeg for 3.5 seasons. The reward is not high. He looks like he's a great player when you see him play a few games, but when you watch him over time you quickly realize how ineffective a player he is. He has blistering speed, but only ever uses it to skate wide on a defender, he has a hard shot that is rarely ever on target, he shoots the puck regardless of how bad a chance or angle it is, he never passes and he's a locker room problem. His points total comes from him throwing as much **** on the wall as possible and hoping it will stick. His percentages are awful. His last season in winnipeg he was dead last in the league in shooting percentage and #2 in shots next to ovi. He had 9 goals, 4 of which were on empty nets, to ovis 30. He's a garbage player who makes everyone around him seem invisible

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
He's a sabre until his trade value increases. Would be stupid to move him for what the market is offering now. Far prefer to hang onto him, even if he ends up walking in 2 years.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Habs senior VP Rick Dudley drafted Kane in ATL, and was a huge Kane fan I remember.

Bergevin has shown he would take chances on guys with question mark.

But with that said, Kane likes to party, and he clearly takes it too far, and coming to Mtl is pretty much the worst place he can go to.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
You mean the guy that assaulted a cab driver and just finished up being investigated for rape? Nice.

The difference between Patrick and Evander at this point is 49 points between career years. Which, funny enough, is more points than what Evander has put up any other year.

So it's perfectly valid to say that Patrick is the only Kane one would want on their team.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
I think he either is moved to a quiet market team or Vancouver to be around family to get his s*** together or he stays in buffalo and gets his s*** together. He's sticking around he's a top 6 NHLer just a question of what's it gonna take this guy to realize he only has so many chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad