Value of: Evander Kane to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
With all the known issues around Evander Kane, what would it cost to land him in Montreal?
Would Buffalo try to dump him? Or does he still hold some value?

The following top 6 would worth the risk.
Pacioretty
Radulov
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Gallagher
Kane

I wonder Buffalo would take a Deharnais contract in the deal?

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
With Radulov no longer being the same person; we could take a gamble on Kane. Buffalo probably wants to keep him as far away as possible from the other young players on the team.

The guys a proven 20 goal scorer with an 7% shot accuracy... With the right players, he can hit 30 again. :popcorn:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No way Tim Murray dumps him for peanuts, and his trade value is probably lower than it should be right now. So I doubt Kane goes anywhere before the trade deadline this coming season (if he's built up his value by then). Unless someone offers fair value or he is included in a bigger trade with at least an equally skilled player coming back Buffalo's way, he will be playing for Buffalo to start the season.

Tim Murray gave up too much for Kane to just throw in the towel already and ship him out for a huge loss. Kane still has a ton of value to Buffalo on the ice.

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
I'd rather keep Desharnais for one more year than take on Kane.

MrTylerKennedy*

When you can replace a #1 defensemen who donates millions of dollars to hospitals with a borderline/middling top-six forward with a record of harassment and maybe even abuse, you have to do it!

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Eh, they thought Subban wasn't enough of a character player. Wait until they get Kane.:help:

Even without the law related issues, Montreal is an old boys club. They expect players to behave in an old fashioned manner. I doubt he'd fit their mold.

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
**** off. If he's not convicted we'll keep him without hesitation. Bad press is bad press, but unless he's actually a criminal, who cares. Patrick Kane beat a ****ing cabbie and he's been given a pass.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
At this point no team would give enough value to justify trading him. He will likely be a Sabre next season.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
his value is pretty low right now and as much as i like to have him there alot of combustable elements already in that locker room as it is.he seems to be good friends with chucky though and the more i think about this the more i think he will be a Hab with bergs new 'tough to play againgst motto'

MrTylerKennedy*

**** off. If he's not convicted we'll keep him without hesitation. Bad press is bad press, but unless he's actually a criminal, who cares. Patrick Kane beat a ****ing cabbie and he's been given a pass.

Given a pass by who? Other than the NHL and biased Chicagoans, Patrick Kane hasn't been given a pass for repeated history of assault.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He has little to no value due to his off ice nonsense he continues to do. Don't understand why anyone would want him, my guess is he won't be playing in the NHL at all in a year or two. Guy refuses to grow up, so much talent thrown to waste because he's a complete idiot.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
No chance Montreal even inquires about Kane. He's just not a fit with the identity that they are trying to create, simple as that.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin offers Galchenyuk for Kane.

Post-trade, his statement goes something like this:
"Kane had maturity issues in the past, not character issues, when you settle down, give yourself up to the police and go through the misdemeanour process, you mature. As for Galchenyuk, there are reasons why I had to trade him, I have all the information, if you knew, you would understand."

Then they continue to talk about all the character they have in the room while they cut each other's toe-nails and throw them at the team pilot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad