Proposal: Evander Kane to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I know this guy is a head case and has utterly worn out his welcome in San Jose. So let's try this:

:edmonton

Evander Kane @ 50%

:sharks

Zack Kassian
Kyle Turris

Turris is a UFA at the end of the year. Kassian is hot and cold but might be exactly what the Sharks are looking for in a team guy.

Kane plays on the right side in the top six. If he doesn't thrive there he won't thrive anywhere.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
upload_2021-12-8_14-49-51.jpeg

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I just can't see it. If anything, I would hope to have more leadership and proven winners on the roster, not more of what Kane brings.

He would be a welcome addition on the ice though, can't argue with that.

Excellent response. We're probably not the right team to try and help him recover his career - he needs a Boston/Pittsburgh/Tampa where you can't possibly upstage a guy like Bergeron or Crosby.

But my god, does the talent level and price to obtain him look tantalizing.

Kinda like a chick at last call that is waay outta your league asking you to take her home - feel like you won the lottery that night, but left with an itch that won't go away several weeks later. Even at 50% retained, that could turn into 4 years and $12,000,000 worth of scratching.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I know this guy is a head case and has utterly worn out his welcome in San Jose. So let's try this:

Evander Kane @ 50%

Zack Kassian
Kyle Turris

Turris is a UFA at the end of the year. Kassian is hot and cold but might be exactly what the Sharks are looking for in a team guy.

Kane plays on the right side in the top six. If he doesn't thrive there he won't thrive anywhere.

Counter offer, how about Kassian + 2nd for Kane @ 2.5 M?

This assumes Sharks retain 2.0, while paying a 3rd team your 2nd and our own 3rd (plus maybe a B prospect, or perhaps a 2023 3rd) to retain 2.5 M on Kane for 3 years (after this one). Thoughts?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’d rather pay Kane to sit home than take this. Turris and Kassian would just take spots from our young guys.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park

Evander Kane @ 50%

Zack Kassian
Kyle Turris

If hertl is wanting to leave why not acquire him as well? Then put nuge on the 3rd to have 2 2nd lines? Also kanes negative value should give us a break on acquiring hertl. Not only that id rather trade kassian to another team that isnt even in the same conference. Maybe to ott and get Watson and zub.
Drai-mcdavid-jp
Hyman-hertl-kane
Foegale-nuge-watson
Shore/benson-mcleod-ryan
Nurse-bouch
Niemelainen-zub
Keith-ceci
Maf
Smith/skinner

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017

Evander Kane @ 50%

Zack Kassian
Kyle Turris

Would rather have draft picks than those 2 turds.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Excellent response. We're probably not the right team to try and help him recover his career - he needs a Boston/Pittsburgh/Tampa where you can't possibly upstage a guy like Bergeron or Crosby.

But my god, does the talent level and price to obtain him look tantalizing.

Kinda like a chick at last call that is waay outta your league asking you to take her home - feel like you won the lottery that night, but left with an itch that won't go away several weeks later. Even at 50% retained, that could turn into 4 years and $12,000,000 worth of scratching.
Lmao i just spit out my coffee after reading this post

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I’d rather pay Kane to sit home than take this. Turris and Kassian would just take spots from our young guys.

They would but they're easier to remove than Kane is and it's not like we're using our bottom six to give many young guys opportunities right now.

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad