Speculation: Evan Bouchard asking $11M AAV on his next deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
And shows up in the playoffs...1.32 PPG the past 2 playoffs

ah yes, I remember when Klefbom and Barrie were putting up 80 points a season because of McDrai
Yup. Bouchard’s agent will look at recent comparables. If he’s asking for only 11 per then that’s less than Dahlin. IMO that’s one comparable they will certainly bring up.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I thought every team is lining up to offer sheet him at $13M AAV..

It’s not my suggestion, I’m just the messenger.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He was a pure offense dman when he was younger but has evolved his game a ton and he has become elite now. He has eclipsed his mentor Ekholm.

I bet he signs for 10 aav x 8

Ya, that’s the thing with a lot of these ridiculous asks- if the rumors are even accurate, on bigger deals I’d assume there’s a $1 mil or so overcharge that they’re willing to work down from. 11 mil sounds nuts, 10 mil.. idk

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Yup. Bouchard’s agent will look at recent comparables. If he’s asking for only 11 per then that’s less than Dahlin. IMO that’s one comparable they will certainly bring up.
ya Dahlin is a great player but Bouchard outscored him at every strength, was on the ice for less GA and is a proven ELITE playoff performer, unlike Dahlin
he's getting that kind of money

Reactions: Fatass

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
11 million take about 3 million off and be closer. Don't think he's worth 9 million but if you double his salary it's close to 8 million. I think 7-8.5 million range probably be more closer.

Last edited:

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
If he performs like he did last year he’s worth it, especially if it’s a long term deal. People anchor expectations in contracts that were signed years ago in a different cap environment, which isn’t realistic.

Hughes last contract, in a flat cap environment when he had yet to establish himself as an elite number 1, was 9.6% of the cap as an RFA. This ask is 12.5% of the current cap (likely 12.2% of cap when deal goes live next year with a 2 million cap increase), is buying out UFA years after being on a sweetheart deal as an RFA, and will likely have established himself as a top 10-15 dman in the league upon signing.

If he signs for less than that it’s great for the Oilers. People have PTSD from the Leafs locking up a ton of cap in their top guys, but the issue there is more with the players/culture than the strategy.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t like Dahlin, but Dahlin is a much better player than Bouchard.

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don’t like Dahlin, but Dahlin is a much better player than Bouchard.

Dahlin is probably a better all around player than Hughes, he's just stuck on a shit team. Dahlin on the Oilers would win the Norris trophy.

Just ditch him and back up the Brinks truck over to Shesterkin's house in the summer.

I'd consider it. I like Bouchard, but Shesterkin + McDavid + Draisaitl? Yeah, pretty sure you can then move Skinner for your standard PPQB type.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The handwringing and celebrations of an Oilers implosion seem a bit premature. We should probably wait and see what he actually gets before launching the hot take missles. We all know he's going to get paid.

I'd wager if Bouchard was on anybody's team, there would be both an acceptance he's going to get a lot of money and an equal measure of excitement that he is going to get signed long-term.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
ya Dahlin is a great player but Bouchard outscored him at every strength, was on the ice for less GA and is a proven ELITE playoff performer, unlike Dahlin
he's getting that kind of money
He is not better than Dahlin my god.

And Dahlins never even been in the playoffs so you can't say he wouldn't be

and im sorry but its easy to put up points when your playing with 2 of the best players in the world

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I would bridge him, McDavid and Draisaitl are the two you want locked in at 8 years, it doesn't mean everyone else needs to be signed forever too.

Bouchard is young too, in 2 years he will still only be 26 years old, good enough to then sign a real 8 year deal.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

and im sorry but its easy to put up points when your playing with 2 of the best players in the world
I didn't say he was better than Dahlin, I said he's the comparable

btw, if it's so easy to put up big points with McDavid and Draisaitl, why hasn't every d-man put up similar numbers?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
That outplayed Hughes in the playoffs. lol. And every other Canuck in that Vancouver series.
Don’t provoke the whole “InJuRIes” excuses that’ll come up.

If it was that easy to put up points, why didn’t anyone of our defencemen before Bouchard produce the same or more? Both of McDrai have been on the Oilers for almost a decade.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I would bridge him, McDavid and Draisaitl are the two you want locked in at 8 years, it doesn't mean everyone else needs to be signed forever too.

Bouchard is young too, in 2 years he will still only be 26 years old, good enough to then sign a real 8 year deal.
no way you bridge him...we bridged Nurse into a 9.5 mil contract instead of paying him like 6.5 a couple years earlier on an 8 year contract

Reactions: Minnesota Knudsens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad