News Article: Eugene Melnyk lawsuits:too many to count...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How much longer until potential lenders start laughing in his face?

(They probably already do)

Just have to go to private high ratio lenders
8983fea7b608824d85704e7060d4714e--rocky--stallone-rocky.jpg

Reactions: senswon

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
The person I talked to who had previously worked for TD had never seen such a "cheque". Not that it means anything, but I was hoping they'd have some information.

You'd think that a relatively high profile billionaire would send one of his people to go clear up a $900,000 bill before it turned into a public lawsuit. With all of the Melnyk nonsense that goes public, you'd think he'd be better at dousing the flames. I can't wait for it to become even more apparent that he can't afford an NHL team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The person I talked to who had previously worked for TD had never seen such a "cheque". Not that it means anything, but I was hoping they'd have some information.

You'd think that a relatively high profile billionaire would send one of his people to go clear up a $900,000 bill before it turned into a public lawsuit. With all of the Melnyk nonsense that goes public, you'd think he'd be better at dousing the flames. I can't wait for it to become even more apparent that he can't afford an NHL team.
Just seems like Melnyk should have a FTW tattoo .. He certainly seems to behave with that attitude
tumblr_nd7kr2XVfF1r3m1iao1_640.jpg

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This just in: The Ottawa Senators have agreed to send a 2021 2nd round pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for cash considerations.
Or maybe Dorion can again find a creative way to give away more of his assets (White?) without dipping below the salary floor?

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Is this the beginning of an avalanche of news? It’s been the way for a while so why break with tradition.

I want to know about the other major lawsuit which is in relation to lebreton, that’s the big fish one

Reactions: The Lewler

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Is this the beginning of an avalanche of news? It’s been the way for a while so why break with tradition.

I want to know about the other major lawsuit which is in relation to lebreton, that’s the big fish one

I think this may be the end all... We should start a thread and make bets on what date the league comes in to take over.

Also, now that his phone number is public, we can call him for direct question on FYOUS

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I think this may be the end all... We should start a thread and make bets on what date the league comes in to take over.

Also, now that his phone number is public, we can call him for direct question on FYOUS
Lol, I missed his number in the docs or I’d have already called a la Bart Simpson

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I thought that was a great point that Fenway made earlier that while the league may be able to force Melnyk to sell the team, they cant make him sell the arena. So it would seem Melnyk will have the leverage to hang on a few years yet.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I thought that was a great point that Fenway made earlier that while the league may be able to force Melnyk to sell the team, they cant make him sell the arena. So it would seem Melnyk will have the leverage to hang on a few years yet.

The league can always threaten to move the Sens to the civic center while Lebretton is fast tracked. In that case, Melnyk would have an empty arena. At that point, it would be stupid for him to not allow the Sens to play in CTC, or just give in and sell the arena.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The league can always threaten to move the Sens to the civic center while Lebretton is fast tracked. In that case, Melnyk would have an empty arena. At that point, it would be stupid for him to not allow the Sens to play in CTC, or just give in and sell the arena.

I suppose that is a possibility, but then the 67's would have to agree. Im not sure their owners are too friendly with Melnyk either.

But that would seem the leverage breaker yeah. If Demarais or someone were to announce they were putting shovels in the ground to start building an arena in LeBreton, Melnyk would surely start sweating. That will require some pretty intense back room dealing im sure.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
pakenham should be available. Just have to untarp a couple seats

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
What's really weird is it finally feels like HFsens has come to a kind of bi-partisan agreement on this one.

Feels good man. I mean that.

I'm not saying the Melnyk ownership issue write large is settled, but it feels odd to come into a thread and have almost everyone go " yeah this is messed up".

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
It looks like one of those I.O.Us from Dumb and Dumber in the empty briefcase! They look unlike any bank draft I have seen. This is weird

I am retired banker 34 years seen a lot of bank drafts ....these aren’t bank drafts .....the banker or supervisor who has signing authority signs the draft not the customer ...look top right corner ...check number ....to me this looks like a chegue signed by the account holder.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
YDLQvU.jpg

It looks completely odd.
1. The time
2. When does a cheque abbreviate Bank to BK
3. When does a cheque only have the city , vs the address of the bank
4. When does a cheque have 2 line items Transit #: Account # :
5. When does a cheque have ChkNbr9999999 .. it just has a number.

This is a "somewhat" reasonable facsimile of a cheque. If it was way back in the day when you new your banker and your kids went to school with their kids it might have been ok.

Paying by Cheque In the FAQs . Can I print my own cheque? .. It says you can but you need to follow a standard .. You can follow the link to read up on that standard. ... but the cheque Melnyk created or used does not meet the standard.

So imho.. these cheques are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Reactions: Deku

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Seems like a pretty elegant solution, to me. Hell, we played out of the CC int eh first couple years of the (expansion) teams existence.

And, having 10,500 seats also gives the organization the ability to raise prices overall for seats...something they'll need to do anyways in a new arena in a few years. Also that scarcity (and a definite new arena on the horizon in this scenario) also makes season ticket packages and long-term commitments for the new arena seats a lot easier to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad