Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Excuse me ? I never said they had bloated salaries ? Stop putting words in my mouth. I asked what does Weir make ? How much does $100 G cover. It costs a lot more than $100G to run a charity.
So what else ? Your first attempt was weak.

How much money do you think is left (for charity) after you pay all the costs to run the charity if it only brings in $100G …?

Are there other revenue sources beyond the 50/50 ? If you know of any I’m happy to update the $100G.
You don't know any of the answers to this so "asking the question" is entirely unhelpful. You could be on FOX News with this tactic.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Chris Phillips is a millionaire who signed up to work for a charity he did not sign up for a full time job working for the man
saying that is ok and it is not insulting, your fake outrage is a way for you to justify attacking others it’s the same old woke crap that gives people a reason to justify all sorts of things “in defense of others”
Way to demand my silence because “I attacked” Phillips yes?

Wow, thats quite a mouthful of conflated ideologies. Do you find it odd that every other poster reads it as plainly as I did despite this poetic re-interpretation?

On top of that, your white knighting for Melnyk layers your rant with a delicious irony.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You don't know any of the answers to this so "asking the question" is entirely unhelpful. You could be on FOX News with this tactic.

Pffttt … I’ve posted the 50/50 payouts which is equal to the revenue … if you don’t have any better info perhaps you should “pause” your criticism until you can prove something beyond 50/50 revenue for the charity.

It’s far from perfect but the best source of revenue posted in this thread so far … def more accurate than your “opinions”.

You want to blame EM so bad you can’t even bring yourself to consider the money in and out in this equation.

I bet Weir is closer to $200K than $50K/ year … either way this charity lost money.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I like supporting a team that supports its community. When its ability to support that community is hindered by internal power dynamics, that concerns me. You can be a fan of the team however you like, but how dare you tell anyone how to support a thing. It's a very personal choice and if you don't care that's your business.
Without looking it up, could you even say what charitable endeavours the foundation is focused on? I honestly didn't even know they had set up a new foundation so I'm really trying to figure out what this grievance is all about. It's admirable that you have such solid moral convictions but do you actually know what community support the foundation was actually providing?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Without looking it up, could you even say what charitable endeavours the foundation is focused on? I honestly didn't even know they had set up a new foundation so I'm really trying to figure out what this grievance is all about. It's admirable that you have such solid moral convictions but do you actually know what community support the foundation was actually providing?

They probably weren’t able to give a single penny to anyone with their minuscule revenues and operating costs.

Some nights the 50/50 barely generated $1000… it’s likely a Canadian team low.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Wow, thats quite a mouthful of conflated ideologies. Do you find it odd that every other poster reads it as plainly as I did despite this poetic re-interpretation?

On top of that, your white knighting for Melnyk layers your rant with a delicious irony.

I find it odd you can’t read something you disagree with without throwing a fit and insulting people.
When the insults were removed you felt the need to cancel what I said in defense of “poor Phillips”

Meh

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
They probably weren’t able to give a single penny to anyone with their minuscule revenues and operating costs.

Some nights the 50/50 barely generated $1000… it’s likely a Canadian team low.

Well perhaps the Sens should invest more in marketing or hire more than 3 people to work for the organization.

This is a business. If you don’t invest in your product, it’s not going to grow. Let’s not act like Ottawa is the worst market of all time and that it’s so bad it can’t support a charity - there’s plenty of evidence to the contrary.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well there is the first crack in PD’s /EM’s Stone for Brann and Sok trade -

$9.5 for 6 more years of Stone or Brann and Sok ?
How about if we didnt bridge Stone and give him 7 or 8 years off ELC is more the question I would like to ask

Reactions: Deku

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I find it odd you can’t read something you disagree with without throwing a fit and insulting people.
When the insults were removed you felt the need to cancel what I said in defense of “poor Phillips”

Meh

lol
Are you martyring yourself live here on HF?

No need, this is a safe space, and I am not a mod. Feel free to attack whomever you like with vague generalities (within board limits of course).

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Well there is the first crack in PD’s /EM’s Stone for Brann and Sok trade -

$9.5 for 6 more years of Stone or Brann and Sok ?

First crack?

Stone just played in the conference finals after a PPG season while Brannstrom couldn’t beat out Mike Reilly for a roster spot and will soon be in a training camp battle with a 5’8 waiver claim that couldn’t crack the Habs lineup. I’d put the odds of him even being on this team post-Sanderson signing at 50/50, if not less.

I do have high hopes for Sokolov though. His ceiling and closest stylistic comparable is... Mark Stone. Hopefully one day he’s playing in the conference finals with Ottawa.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What are you talking about? The Ottawa Senators Foundation has done fantastic work in this community for almost 30 years. Rogers House is a prime example. An incredible place that has been a lifesaver for thousands of families.

You’re a straight up idiot if you’re going to diminish the impact they’ve had. Real low, even for you and @BankStreetParade.

It’s weird, before they left they were the worst charity in pro sports and took too much in salaries.
but now they are saints that were treated poorly?
Suree

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
lol
Are you martyring yourself live here on HF?

No need, this is a safe space, and I am not a mod. Feel free to attack whomever you like with vague generalities (within board limits of course).

Martyring? I just explained I see what your trying to do and it has zero effect.....
Yet again there you go...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
First crack?

Stone just played in the conference finals after a PPG season while Brannstrom couldn’t beat out Mike Reilly for a roster spot and will soon be in a training camp battle with a 5’8 waiver claim that couldn’t crack the Habs lineup. I’d put the odds of him even being on this team post-Sanderson signing at 50/50, if not less.

I do have high hopes for Sokolov though. His ceiling and closest stylistic comparable is... Mark Stone. Hopefully one day he’s playing in the conference finals with Ottawa.
Imagine being able to trade Mark Stone with some term... Rather than taking the best deal, at the last moment not to lose a selke trophy calibre winger for nothing...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Imagine being able to trade Mark Stone with some term... Rather than taking the best deal, at the last moment not to lose a selke trophy calibre winger for nothing...

Honestly I’m not even upset with the return, or moving on. Stone, at that contract and where he’s at in his career, may not have been the right fit here, in this stage of our rebuild. In the next couple of years, if we had to choose between Stone and Tkachuk, or Stutzle, I’d take Tkachuk and Stutzle.

But I can say that while still acknowledging that Stone is a top player.

Some fans seemingly can’t do that. As soon as a player moves on from here, they suck and are overpaid. And they’ll yell it from the rooftops.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The real question...How is this a dispute and what is being disputed?
Maybe this one isn't, but there's a whole lot of history that tells us it probably is.

Mickey Mouse organization bullshit once again either way and its pretty clear that's just the M.O. of the Senators under Melnyk.

Who do we have left wanting to play nice? Chris Neil? Likely just a matter of time too.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Maybe this one isn't, but there's a whole lot of history that tells us it probably is.

Mickey Mouse organization bullshit once again either way and its pretty clear that's just the M.O. of the Senators under Melnyk.

Who do we have left wanting to play nice? Chris Neil? Likely just a matter of time too.
Neil is holding out for the jersey retirement (I disagree with it). It’s Melnyk’s only way to keep him around.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Neil is holding out for the jersey retirement (I disagree with it). It’s Melnyk’s only way to keep him around.
I dont know about that,Neiler pulling EM,s suit jacket over his head and feeding him would likely seal his number in the rafters for most here

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It really is amazing how someone can defend this organization in its current state and then make a point about how we dodged a bullet by not paying one of the leagues’ top forwards what he wanted.

Sounds like a similar line of thinking to the 4000 EK posts who thought it was terrible we traded a superstar … time will tell. I know that Brann and Sok are wayyyy better options than losing Stone for nothing.

I think it’s fair to assume everyone loves Stone. He chose not to sign here and the deal will be fine in the end under the circumstances.

Dorion and Melynk are probably about 1.0 seasons away from the the general Ottawa fan understanding that it was a good deal for both teams.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I feel a little guilt and shame as a fan that I didn’t buy any 50/50 tickets … under Covid I watched every single Sens game this past season from home. I probably should have at least bought a $100 pack or something…. Like $5 a home game.

A little more revenue from fans like us may have let them keep the lights on and accomplished some work and in the community.

Reactions: MCNSTY

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I feel a little guilt and shame as a fan that I didn’t buy any 50/50 tickets … under Covid I watched every single Sens game this past season from home. I probably should have at least bought a $100 pack or something…. Like $5 a home game.

A little more revenue from fans like us may have let them keep the lights on and accomplished some work and in the community.
That’s valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad