Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I think the person he's working for and the way they treat people (begging Weir to head it up last summer and letting him go a month ago) has much more to do with it. Falls in line with the 20ish other people that left the organisation and the reasons they did.

But I'm sure it's because he didn;t want to work for his money, as that fits with Phillips personality so well :laugh:

Walks like a duck, acts like a duck, but I'm sure it's a Rhino

You ever think EM and Weir sat down looked at the numbers and decided it was a bad plan that should be put on hold?
If that’s the case is Weir all the stupid bad things too or...

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

I care about injustice and I am not afraid or will not be shamed into not voicing that. We should not care about the injustice of the residential schools ; we should concern ourselves with how well a few of the graduates have done right.. I also happen to think that disfunction at the top will lead to instability down in the organization .. we now have a lame duck disgruntled coaching staff heading into a critical year for the on ice product.. How things are done at the top have a trickle effect through the entire organization which is not very big. You want your top players to commit long term .. they look at Phillips leave , the look at instability in the organization, the decisions blocking coaches from advancement .. it all plays a part in building a team and retaining good people. IMO you should be more concerned vs automatically taking a stance to defend ownership and management even when they have no real defense other than trying to shame people from caring about things that may seem outside the on ice product but that can very well effect the team

Refusing to acknowledge Ottawa has the worst attendance in the league.
Refusing to acknowledge Ottawa has the lowest revenue of any team in the league.
Refusing to acknowledge that Ottawa fans are fair weather and only support a winner.
Refusing to acknowledge that Ottawa is one of the least desired locations for athletes to play.

Yeah, head in the sand is what pretty much most HF Sens board is doing.

And you compare Melnyk's petty fights to the historic blackmark of residential schools? Seriously? Someone has lost touch with reality.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Refusing to acknowledge Ottawa has the lowest revenue of any team in the league.
Refusing to acknowledge that Ottawa fans are fair weather and only support a winner.
Refusing to acknowledge that Ottawa is one of the least desired locations for athletes to play.

And you compare Melnyk's petty fights to the historic blackmark of residential schools? Seriously? Someone has lost touch with reality.
Lol...I see its blame the fans again....Again if EM is so hard done by owning the team why doesnt he just sell it and do everyone a favor??

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

deflect
deflect
deflect

Wow man you are too much. Amazing views on things. Always coming from somewhere off base

Reactions: bert

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....

Why are you blaming Ottawa for these things when everyone knows who is responsible for them, if they're even true at all?

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He isn’t hard done by he is giving people what they pay for
Again we have time, Does EM?? In the end the team will be at Lebreton and we all look back on this time for our team as a dark chapter and nothing more

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Again we have time, Does EM?? In the end the team will be at Lebreton and we all look back on this time for our team as a dark chapter and nothing more

Like weir the NHL ain’t running no charity that can’t fund itself so I am not sure waiting for a hand out is going to happen.

I hope he sells in the next two years so the excitement drives enough sales to pay for these guys although the new ticket prices on a 500 million dollar purchase might be more painful then expected

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Hating on Melnyk is one thing but man Ruddy is an equal piece of garbage. There is no good guy in the Lebreton saga.
I have no doubt he's scum, all these billionaires are, but in the context of the Sens (the topic of this forum), his role in hurting this franchise is minuscule compared to Eugene.

Everybody already knows Eugene can't work with anyone. That's why he's not given the benefit of the doubt in the Lebreton debacle.

Btw, the combination of the Habs winning the Cup and Melnyk still running this franchise is going to cause havoc on any hope of building a future generation of Sens fans.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I have no doubt he's scum, all these billionaires are, but in the context of the Sens (the topic of this forum), his role in hurting this franchise is minuscule compared to Eugene.

Everybody already knows Eugene can't work with anyone. That's why he's not given the benefit of the doubt in the Lebreton debacle.

Btw, the combination of the Habs winning the Cup and Melnyk still running this franchise is going to cause havoc on any hope of building a future generation of Sens fans.

Having his broadcasting territory in the heart of Habs land has always been a major issue

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I would imagine Philips have to work full time vrs making an appearance at the golf tourney for the same pay had something to do with it no?

Considering Chris Phillips’ entire career and reputation was built on his exemplary character, I’m not sure how demeaning him personally or trying to tarnish his character based on a fiction you spun out of whole cloth is helpful to the conversation.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Considering Chris Phillips’ entire career and reputation was built on his exemplary character, I’m not sure how demeaning him personally or trying to tarnish his character based on a fiction you spun out of whole cloth is helpful to the conversation.

Looks like the charity brought in sub $100G … I wonder what Weir and Phillips salaries were ? What about all the other expenses ? Office admin, lawyers, accounts, rent, electricity ?

what’s wrong with taking a pause if nooooooo money is coming in? Should they just brankrupt the charity for the sake on paying out the employees ?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Chris Phillips is a millionaire who signed up to work for a charity he did not sign up for a full time job working for the man
saying that is ok and it is not insulting, your fake outrage is a way for you to justify attacking others it’s the same old woke crap that gives people a reason to justify all sorts of things “in defense of others”
Way to demand my silence because “I attacked” Phillips yes?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Looks like the charity brought in sub $100G … I wonder what Weir and Phillips salaries were ? What about all the other expenses ? Office admin, lawyers, accounts, rent, electricity ?

what’s wrong with taking a pause if nooooooo money is coming in?
They had a sustainable charity — the now-Ottawa-Gatineau Youth Foundation — that is still functional and thriving. Let's not pretend like Weir accepted a significantly reduced salary to jump ship from them to us. No reason to believe Phillips' salary was out of the norm, either. The only difference is management of the charity. One is being overseen by an independent board of directors; the other, an internal organization where there are mounds of evidence to suggest micromanagement to be likely. You do the math here.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
They had a sustainable charity — the now-Ottawa-Gatineau Youth Foundation — that is still functional and thriving. Let's not pretend like Weir accepted a significantly reduced salary to jump ship from them to us. No reason to believe Phillips' salary was out of the norm, either. The only difference is management of the charity. One is being overseen by an independent board of directors; the other, an internal organization where there are mounds of evidence to suggest micromanagement to be likely. You do the math here.

Okay… tell me the math . Sens 50/50 payouts show about $100G. How much do you think it takes to run a charity ? Weir, Philip’s, rent, lawyers, accounts, office admin, advertising etc . Show me the math.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Okay… tell me the math . Sens 50/50 payouts show about $100G. How much do you think it takes to run a charity ? Weir, Philip’s, rent, lawyers, accounts, office admin, advertising etc . Show me the math.
You're making outlandish claims and it is absolutely not on me to quantify those. If you have any math to back up your own statements, volunteer it. Or admit you're pulling all this out of your ass. Or deflect, like, you've done every time you've been called out, and leave no doubt as to which of those two options is accurate.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You're making outlandish claims and it is absolutely not on me to quantify those. If you have any math to back up your own statements, volunteer it. Or admit you're pulling all this out of your ass. Or deflect, like, you've done every time you've been called out, and leave no doubt as to which of those two options is accurate.

Excuse me ? I already posted the sens 50/50 payouts.

What are you saying is “outlandish” ?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Excuse me ? I already posted the sens 50/50 payouts.

What are you saying is “outlandish” ?
Who was asking for the 50/50 numbers? What point do they prove that conflicts with the statement that the charity has been mismanaged?

And RE: outlandish claims, let's start with an easy one. You keep claiming Phillips and Weir had bloated salaries without any specifics. Where's your evidence for this?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Who was asking for the 50/50 numbers? What point do they prove that conflicts with the statement that the charity has been mismanaged?

And RE: outlandish claims, let's start with an easy one. You keep claiming Phillips and Weir had bloated salaries without any specifics. Where's your evidence for this?

Excuse me ? I never said they had bloated salaries ? Stop putting words in my mouth. I asked what does Weir make ? How much does $100 G cover. It costs a lot more than $100G to run a charity.
So what else ? Your first attempt was weak.

How much money do you think is left (for charity) after you pay all the costs to run the charity if it only brings in $100G …?

Are there other revenue sources beyond the 50/50 ? If you know of any I’m happy to update the $100G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad