Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brannstrom goes from Spare d playing forward to top pairing?

Showcasing?
Chabot has been back 2 games and even going back to his last return, 4 games, and played more than Sanderson in all 4,

I think people need to admit the team still sees Chabot as their top D. When he's healthy, he's the guy getting the most mins.

Reactions: NB613 and Crosside

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He needs strength but at this point I’m doubtful he can add much.
same. He will probably carve out a career has a bottom pair guy who plays on multiple teams which is fine. He could probably be bottom pairing here but the sens need that 2nd pairing guy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why is that something to single out, he’d be on 95% of lists for near the top of our prospect group, and if he wasn’t that person likely doesn’t know what they’re taking about, like I think the above comment shows. He is one of our top prospects, undoubtedly has the clearest and easiest route to a meaningful role in the NHL among our prospects not named Kleven, have you seen our group?

He legitimately just had Brannstrom dressed as a forward on a team with Hamonic and JBD dressed…what do you think that means, that’s he’s pumped to dress Brannstrom? :laugh:
Personally I think it means that Dorion f***ed up the cap so badly that dressing Brannstrom as a 4th line LW is thought to be a better option than:

11-7
12-6 with some D sitting and some other F drawing in.

I don't think it's a huge indictment on Brannstrom as a D. It's probably also more an indication of who Martin thinks he can get more out of at F between Brannstrom, JBD and Hamonic

Reactions: OD99

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I like what I am seeing from him and what I saw from him in junior. Not sure what your expectations are when someone says they are a good prospect. I mean he could be a good 3rd line / Bottom 6 prospect .. that can improve this hockey team. He is a smart player, good size, plays the right way and he can get up and down the ice. He is not a top 6 high point producing type of prospect. He has been a coaches dream through junior and he helps teams win.
My expectations are a bottom 6 grinder who can put in some secondary offense, who will be good in the playoffs.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Chabot has been back 2 games and even going back to his last return, 4 games, and played more than Sanderson in all 4,

I think people need to admit the team still sees Chabot as their top D. When he's healthy, he's the guy getting the most mins.
He's generally the best D on the ice. Sanderson has really come along, but obviously experience is not on his side and one can see it with some of the mistakes he makes. Our D-core will be awesome if we can keep Chychrun and find another righty.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Probably the most discussion of a bottom pairing/4th line player in the history of the team.

Honestly I can’t wait until he’s gone because I think his toolkit is completely mismatched for the teams structure. He also is a constant reminder of one of the worst trades in the teams history.

Im ready for the bottom pairing to be boring again.

Reactions: Icelevel and Sting

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Probably the most discussion of a bottom pairing/4th line player in the history of the team.

Honestly I can’t wait until he’s gone because I think his toolkit is completely mismatched for the teams structure. He also is a constant reminder of one of the worst trades in the teams history.

that won't happen till Hamonic is gone

Sandy hasn't been anything special for a bunch of games now. Lets see how things shake out

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

And we already have at least one guy of guenette or Kleven who can take his place.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He was the one he chose to play forward....

I dont think he thinks very highly of him or he would have kept him on defense. I think Martin is just a smart hockey guy and knows he has NHL skill and wants to put him in a position to succeed. He's a versatail player, and Martin in the second game Brann was up front used him on D to push the pace when they were down. Smart coaching overall.

I dont see Brannstrom as a player that comes out of the line up just one they can move around. I think he will be playing D tonight.

What team is he going to that he is going to have ample PP time? Id love to know. He wont be playing D on a team that is competitive. No play off teams have D men like him. Maybe he ends up on a team that likes going 11-7 and he gets shifts on forward and some 2nd pp unit time. Pretty much what he is turning into here.

His shot really limits him. He's not a threat from the point.
Chicago , San Jose, Anahiem can all give him looks no problem

There will be other middle teams like Washington did with Sandin last year

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not sure what to make of this.
at 5v5 his TOI was 16:16 and 18:39 he was on the ice for 5 scoring chances for and 10 against. 0 Goals For and 3 against. 2 High Danger chances for and 4 against. Zone starts slightly favored the Ozone.

3 goals against
Rantanen in the 1st period
Rantanen from Mackinnon in the 2nd period 4-3 goal
Wood 1st goal in the 3rd period 4-4 goal

He was -3 all other D were -1 except Sanderson +1
All 3 goals against I would not blame him specifically on but I can see how he may feel he was right there on all of them

If I had to guess he was probably just pissed at his game and the result vs his role.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ready to move on from this dude and Hamonic needs to be shot to the sun. It just ain't working out.
Even as someone who thinks branny adds an element to the team he can go it Hamonic goes too.

Let's just hope whatever physical defensive dman we get can actually skate at the nhl level

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Maybe he had plans or maybe he is pissed off, like we hope he would be.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
some people think that subbing Kleven in for Brannstrom will automatically make this team better defensively.

it is more likely that Kleven is nowhere near as effective as Brannstrom and won't be until 2-3 more years.

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad