Erie Otters 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
No idea. Maybe our GM is really nice and doesn't like free and Erie ends up with some picks lol

WJ

We got notice on the interwebs of a "big announcement" tomorrow at 10 AM, EST. Unless it's Quentin Musty coming over I don't think it's about a trade, but who knows lol.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Edwards* - Fimis* - Alfano*
Spence - Frasca - Terrance
Messier - Hammond - Royston
Phillips - Challenger - Clarke

Ambrosio - Daviault*
Holomego - Henry
Knight - Sauder*

Erliden*
Burns

Scratches: Misiak, Schaeffer.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
If someone wants to check it...I'm fairly certain Roysten has more fights than he does points. Not a promising sign for a 2nd round pick, even if he's on the younger side.

Reactions: NOA

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
January 10, 2025 is McDavid Jersey Retirement night...

Good stuff...

Edit: also to note, the announcement for today is 97 days away from Connor McDavid coming back to Erie. A bit of marketing genius.

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
January 10, 2025 is McDavid Jersey Retirement night...

Good stuff...
About time!

In all seriousness, we knew this day was inevitable but im glad they waited a bit of time before actually doing it. I’m happy they have at least a solid team this year as well. And I’m also happy they are doing McDavid first. I think many fans speculated Debrincat/Strome and yes, I think their time should come but imo, I would wait another 5+ years for that… if possible. McDavid started it all and without him, none of the rest happens and given his status in the pros, he’s more deserving of this moment, at this time. And they basically waited a decade to bring him back so it seems right. Man, I wish McDavid won the cup in the summer even more now.. just as more of a statement with his overall legacy but this is exciting! Can’t wait to go

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
About time!

In all seriousness, we knew this day was inevitable but im glad they waited a bit of time before actually doing it. I’m happy they have at least a solid team this year as well. And I’m also happy they are doing McDavid first. I think many fans speculated Debrincat/Strome and yes, I think their time should come but imo, I would wait another 5+ years for that… if possible. McDavid started it all and without him, none of the rest happens and given his status in the pros, he’s more deserving of this moment, at this time. And they basically waited a decade to bring him back so it seems right. Man, I wish McDavid won the cup in the summer even more now.. just as more of a statement with his overall legacy but this is exciting! Can’t wait to go
Looks EDM plays in Pittsburgh the night before and in Chicago the night after. He'll probably drive up from Pittsburgh, I imagine there's a decent chance Connor Brown and Knoblauch come too. It's awesome they were able to get him to commit to coming mid-season, I'm sure that took some convincing. I hope 97 knows hockey people in Erie are grateful he came here (or at least this hockey person is). He could've forced his way to London or Kitchener or Windsor or really wherever he wanted but he came to play for the worst franchise in the league, teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and relocation and playing in a run-down arena awaiting renovation. 12 years since he was drafted and things have changed. Thanks Connor, you were a pleasure to watch in Erie just as you are in Edmonton. Pulling hard for you to win the big one.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Looks EDM plays in Pittsburgh the night before and in Chicago the night after. He'll probably drive up from Pittsburgh, I imagine there's a decent chance Connor Brown and Knoblauch come too. It's awesome they were able to get him to commit to coming mid-season, I'm sure that took some convincing. I hope 97 knows hockey people in Erie are grateful he came here (or at least this hockey person is). He could've forced his way to London or Kitchener or Windsor or really wherever he wanted but he came to play for the worst franchise in the league, teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and relocation and playing in a run-down arena awaiting renovation. 12 years since he was drafted and things have changed. Thanks Connor, you were a pleasure to watch in Erie just as you are in Edmonton. Pulling hard for you to win the big one.
Tells you a lot about the young man as you are correct sadly a lot of players may have said “No Thanks”. Not an Oilers fan but I sure would like to see him hoist a Stanley Cup sooner rather than later!

Reactions: Mata

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Tells you a lot about the young man as you are correct sadly a lot of players may have said “No Thanks”. Not an Oilers fan but I sure would like to see him hoist a Stanley Cup sooner rather than later!
I don’t really think many players ever even get asked or honored to have their jersey retired.. ultimately it’s a rare thing so do we have evidence of anyone saying “no thanks” to such a special thing. Usually players that would say no are probably not special enough to ever even be asked… just my thoughts

It had to be during the NHL year due to Erie wanting to do it when they were in their season as well. I’m not sure there was too much convincing, it was more just Erie letting McDavid decide when was best and it was easy to predict it would happen when he was in the midst of a eastern road trip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad