Erie Otters 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
No idea. Maybe our GM is really nice and doesn't like free and Erie ends up with some picks lol

WJ

We got notice on the interwebs of a "big announcement" tomorrow at 10 AM, EST. Unless it's Quentin Musty coming over I don't think it's about a trade, but who knows lol.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Edwards* - Fimis* - Alfano*
Spence - Frasca - Terrance
Messier - Hammond - Royston
Phillips - Challenger - Clarke

Ambrosio - Daviault*
Holomego - Henry
Knight - Sauder*

Erliden*
Burns

Scratches: Misiak, Schaeffer.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
If someone wants to check it...I'm fairly certain Roysten has more fights than he does points. Not a promising sign for a 2nd round pick, even if he's on the younger side.

Reactions: NOA

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
January 10, 2025 is McDavid Jersey Retirement night...

Good stuff...

Edit: also to note, the announcement for today is 97 days away from Connor McDavid coming back to Erie. A bit of marketing genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOA and ZinErie

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
January 10, 2025 is McDavid Jersey Retirement night...

Good stuff...
About time!

In all seriousness, we knew this day was inevitable but im glad they waited a bit of time before actually doing it. I’m happy they have at least a solid team this year as well. And I’m also happy they are doing McDavid first. I think many fans speculated Debrincat/Strome and yes, I think their time should come but imo, I would wait another 5+ years for that… if possible. McDavid started it all and without him, none of the rest happens and given his status in the pros, he’s more deserving of this moment, at this time. And they basically waited a decade to bring him back so it seems right. Man, I wish McDavid won the cup in the summer even more now.. just as more of a statement with his overall legacy but this is exciting! Can’t wait to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad