Erie Otters 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Marshall Nicholls is backing up Jacob Gibbons tonight........:popcorn:
This story just keeps getting better and better each weekend. Someone should write a book about the terrible defense and goaltending woes on this team.

This can’t be the best option available.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
They're too cheap to get Burns on an A card.
I think we are out of A cards. At second look, we have 23 rostered players but used A cards on Gilmartin, Alboim, Saganiuk, Artichuk, Lalonde, Downey, and Signoretti. We only get 30 A cards a season.

Erie is also cheap so it would be on par of them to not buy him an A card.

onetimeshot

Apr 21, 2023
I think we are out of A cards. At second look, we have 23 rostered players but used A cards on Gilmartin, Alboim, Saganiuk, Artichuk, Lalonde, Downey, and Signoretti. We only get 30 A cards a season.

Erie is also cheap so it would be on par of them to not buy him an A card.

Signoretti (Lucas Ross) didn't play a game for Erie this season. No card burned.

Colby and Liam never played in a regular season game this year. No card burned.

Downey no regular season game played for Erie. No card burned.

I could be wrong, but I thought cards used only counted once a player plays a regular season game. (that's what I have been led to believe these past few years). 🤔

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Signoretti (Lucas Ross) didn't play a game for Erie this season. No card burned.

Colby and Liam never played in a regular season game this year. No card burned.

Downey no regular season game played for Erie. No card burned.

I could be wrong, but I thought cards used only counted once a player plays a regular season game. (that's what I have been led to believe these past few years). 🤔
I think it counts if they’re signed on the roster and play any minutes. Maybe someone else can explain it better?

It’s hard to understand since I haven’t come across the cards rules in writing.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
When will they realize Ty Henry has earned his every night spot and Holomego should only be added if there's an injury or illness?

Also, welcome Ethan, our 28849294 goalie this season

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
When will they realize Ty Henry has earned his every night spot and Holomego should only be added if there's an injury or illness?

Also, welcome Ethan, our 28849294 goalie this season
You realize Dave Brown still manages this team? Everyone knows Holomego isn’t worth a daily spot.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I'm not even sure Holomego stepped foot on the ice for half the game. I'm fairly certain he didn't get a shift in the 3rd.

Why would they slow Ty's progression as he's clearly ahead? I just don't understand the logic...

Also, newest goalie player a superb game. Shame we couldn't help him out and get him the W.

RJ King is a bum and every time he's officiating a game calls hardly ever go our way

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
It would be nice to start winning some games. It’s awful that we have so much talent on this team and Brown screwed us over yet another season. You don’t expect Benny to get injured, but at the same time, you play your cards right and have options. Gibby should’ve been played more often when Benny was healthy.

I understand our goalies on our 50 man roster are still in their season, but we can’t get one of them to come up and play? Do we have many even signed on that roster?

Playoffs are slowly slipping away and the gap is far closer than it was a month ago.

Tonight’s EBUG was fantastic. I think he played better than Oster. We didn’t get very many good opportunities to score tonight.

Something needs to change.

eriefan101

Nov 6, 2023
16 goals
128 shots
300 mins
3.2 gaa
2-3 record
Gibby’s stats since Bennys injury (excluding sarnia flu game). Seems he’s really stepped up and got his game under control since playing consistently. His numbers since are among league average. Hope he can keep it going.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
At least we will be starting our 8th or 9th goalie this season by my records, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Goalie stats for Erie "only" show 6
I can't remember if Nicholls was here at the start, there was also Lalonde and Downey

Then we have Gibbons, Burns, Gaudreau, Fraser, Grover, Piroski and finally Litvinov

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
No Nicholls
No Downey
No Grover
Litvinov will be the 7th?

1000000907.jpg

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Unsure why it didn't attach, but Lalonde and Downey were here to start the season.

Grover served a backup role in the past couple weeks.

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
Nicholls, Downey, and Grover have not seen game time this season. Downey traded in preseason, Nicholls and Grover dressed as BUG but did not play. Lalonde played in 4 games before being traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad