GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
A goal is a goal bro what’s your beef

Also identical to a terrible Saka cross that ended up a goal against us the year prior!
I don't remember the Saka one, but Ben White had a nice accidental goal in the 5-0 game in April

World Class Emi

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
excellent performance, undone by pure luck.

Arsenal have been extremely dirty and put in a ton of hard challenges like they're being managed by Dyche.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Forgot you’re a bandwagoner, back when Arsenal finished 8th Saka scored an accidental cross in a 3-0
How could I resist that bandwagon with RVP and Nasri years ago right before they left us. Such a trophy hunter I am!

I still can't recall the Saka one off the top of my head, but sounds like it was a great strike.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
How could I resist that bandwagon with RVP and Nasri years ago right before they left us. Such a trophy hunter I am!

I still can't recall the Saka one off the top of my head, but sounds like it was a great strike.
I think it was during the COVID years. I remember Saka trying to convince Tammy Abraham he meant to score post match

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was a massively fun game to watch, two brilliant clubs going after it in an old-school rugby match. I loved that Arsenal never backed down, Wenger's teams would've been caught in the mud, but Arteta's team decided to become even more douch-y.

Arsenal wholly dominated Villa for about the first 30 minutes or so of action. We could've been up by two, at least. Then, the Villains started to take over the match, and Raya was the sole reason that kept momentum on Arsenal's side. I thought we were too easy to beat at times defensively, with Gabriel not looking particularly strong. Watkins's chance was not his fault though; that was 100% a foul when Rogers went full-body tackled and took him out of the play. Nonetheless, I have not liked the defensive side ever since the LFC preseason game. We are chasing back too much defensively instead of already having a structured system in place.

However, Arsenal kept with it, and our superior talent eventually made a breakthrough. The two blokes during half-time even said that Emery didn't mind Arsenal having more possession, but that was his undoing because when we eventually put on a higher IQ player in Trossard for Martinelli, everything changed. I love Martinelli, but damn, he needs to be dropped. He's completely brainless out there. As I mentioned last week, he just runs at the opposing goal with his head down, and his crossing skills are awful. Havertz was also pretty useless, but his clever flicks are becoming an outstanding quality to his repertoire. That Saliba tackle was crazy - it is the definition of a world-class tackle if I had ever seen one.

Martinez is very weird. He makes that brilliant save on Saka, but then lets in that Partey chance.
Rogers has been fantastic so far
First off, GG, mate. Second, yeah, I see the hype. He was your best player by a long shot. I thought you lot lost a lot when Emery weirdly subbed off McGinn. Don't get me wrong, he's a punk who was on a yellow, but he at least provided bite to your game. Ramsey coming on really made the entire team weaker.

Reactions: maclean and JPBolts

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Feels good to get the trip to Villa Park out of the way with 3 points.
not going to lie, I'm also a bit happy to get this out of the way already as well -- before the CL kicks in.
That was a massively fun game to watch, two brilliant clubs going after it in an old-school rugby match. I loved that Arsenal never backed down, Wenger's teams would've been caught in the mud, but Arteta's team decided to become even more douch-y.
Yep, this was a very enjoyable match to watch for everyone I'd say. Neither side really backed down and there were fiery tackles (hence why I mentioned earlier that there were some hard challenges and dirtiness from Arsenal, but it was definitely both ways).
First off, GG, mate. Second, yeah, I see the hype. He was your best player by a long shot. I thought you lot lost a lot when Emery weirdly subbed off McGinn. Don't get me wrong, he's a punk who was on a yellow, but he at least provided bite to your game. Ramsey coming on really made the entire team weaker.

yeah, GGs mate. As I said, an extremely enjoyable match and pretty good performances for on both sides. He (Rogers) has completely gone up a level this year -- even from the back end of last season. Spinning through and bypassing challenges throughout midfield for the whole time. I thought he'd switch Maatsen for Digne at that point as well, but I agree. Would've preferred to take Bailey off and move McGinn to the right and Ramsey on the left.

Reactions: maclean

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
i know this is sent in jest... but if this is the level of performance that Villa give for most of the year, I think we comfortably finish 5th at lowest

haha no idea what this means

It means that you clearly wasn’t on the same planet as the rest of us when you wrote that post ;)

Reactions: JPBolts

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
i know this is sent in jest... but if this is the level of performance that Villa give for most of the year, I think we comfortably finish 5th at lowest

haha no idea what this means
Higher than 4th. Would require the refs to be generous every game though

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He (Rogers) has completely gone up a level this year -- even from the back end of last season. Spinning through and bypassing challenges throughout midfield for the whole time.
Felt like he was just constantly running through our midfield, either unchallenged or just shrugging off Partey. It was infuriating to watch as an Arsenal fan.

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad