GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lot of small margins in a lot of seasons. The Liverpool City goal that was fractions of an inch of a difference decided that season. Players getting hurt. You name it.

At some point, how they play, how they look and the overall results have to be the main thing.

ETH doesn't get the fractional benefit of the doubt at this point if it's me. You can be fine with it
I mean United are still playing without their only forward and the new guys de Ligt and Zirkze aren't fully match fit yet (neither player any minutes during pre-season due to the 3 week post-Euro vacation time), not to mention Shaw is expected to return in September. So how United look and play like with all the players in, is still a question mark. .dunno: Of course not forgetting potential transfers coming in yet (mainly Ugarte). I'm not giving the player/team overall a pass yet though because it doesn't matter who the manager is, in the last 11 years those defensive errors happen way too frequently. It's so frustrating to see them happen every season. But as I on the first page, it's gameweek 2 so way too early make any grand statements (yes, I know what site were on).

Football is a funny game. United should've been up by two goals in that first half yet Brighton scores. Then Brighton blows United away in the beginning of second, but United scores.

Zirkzee is hilarious, what a massive mistake to make. He had no business to go after that ball yet he stupidly did. Lol. Additionally, horrible schoolboy defending by Martinez. No way you should allow goals that easily for opposing teams.

Also, Dalot confuses me so much. I'm not sure what to expect because he was one of best Man United players today, but I've seen him get ripped to shreds in other matches. Is he just inconsistent?

Brighton wasn't very impressive compared to RdZ's Brighton. So careless with the ball with a ton of unforced errors due to poor decision making. If they played against a talented team, some of those mistakes would be goals against. However, I'm shocked how good Welbeck looks. I thought he would have faded out when he left the Arsenal, yet he has reinvented himself.
What? That is literally what a forward is supposed to do. It's what Welbeck did in Brighton's first goal more or less. It's plain bad luck that the shot hit him in his knee, not to mention before the goal line. Also, Martinez wasn't at fault for either goal. First one was more on Maguire and he took credit for his mistake. Martinez had to cover two players at the back post because no one else helped.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brighton's a good team, but you don't get to claim small margin of error when you're Man United and spent 500M+ since taking over.
Most, if not all of United's problems are from really poor transfers. All the players they have bought except Hojlund all are flawed players one way or another. Zirkzee I will give benefit of the doubt since he just got there. The other problem is that you have Rashford looking so average yet Garnacho is somehow on the bench. He comes on and instantly scores, even if it was offsides. Very weird moves.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I’m at the local Spurs meet up and the restaurant is about 55° inside and I’m in shorts T-shirt and sandals because it’s going to be 90° outside. Didn’t know I’d need a hoodie with lining today

• Haha
Reactions: KJS14

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Man U lost lmao.

I really should get Peacock, I just hate subbing to all these streaming services. Only 1 or 2 games on this weekend for the EPL on USA/NBC.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
they showed the penalty shot chart, has he really gone the same spot basically every time?

Man U lost lmao.

I really should get Peacock. I just hate subbing to all these streaming services. Only 2 games on this weekend for the EPL.
Peacock isn't bad. The Olympics coverage was great. I hope they continue to work on Goal Rush

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Football is a funny game. United should've been up by two goals in that first half yet Brighton scores. Then Brighton blows United away in the beginning of second, but United scores.

Zirkzee is hilarious, what a massive mistake to make. He had no business to go after that ball yet he stupidly did. Lol. Additionally, horrible schoolboy defending by Martinez. No way you should allow goals that easily for opposing teams.

Also, Dalot confuses me so much. I'm not sure what to expect because he was one of best Man United players today, but I've seen him get ripped to shreds in other matches. Is he just inconsistent?

Brighton wasn't very impressive compared to RdZ's Brighton. So careless with the ball with a ton of unforced errors due to poor decision making. If they played against a talented team, some of those mistakes would be goals against. However, I'm shocked how good Welbeck looks. I thought he would have faded out when he left the Arsenal, yet he has reinvented himself.
Huh? Your striker should be going after a ball like that every single time. If my striker doesn't dive after a ball sent across the middle like that, I'd be screaming at him.

Reactions: luiginb

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
they showed the penalty shot chart, has he really gone the same spot basically every time?

Peacock isn't bad. The Olympics coverage was great. I hope they continue to work on Goal Rush
Might just be a La Liga weekend then for me. Do they offer any good shows?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Huh? Your striker should be going after a ball like that every single time. If my striker doesn't dive after a ball sent across the middle like that, I'd be screaming at him.
He should be going for the ball, though I do think he might have been able to hold up a touch. It was certainly unfortunate.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Man what a crazy swing of events in the Man City-Ipswich game. Checked gamecast on ESPN and saw Ipswich up 1-0 now theyre down 2-1lol

3-1? Wtf is going on or is it bugged?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Might just be a La Liga weekend then for me. Do they offer any good shows?
shows?

I mean.. I watch some WWE stuff, so PPV there... Shows are pretty thin. They have the Office / Parks and Rec. Original wise, I liked Poker Face, but haven't watched much else. The new Rome style show looks interesting, but probably way down the queue for me to watch.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
shows?

I mean.. I watch some WWE stuff, so PPV there... Shows are pretty thin. They have the Office / Parks and Rec. Original wise, I liked Poker Face, but haven't watched much else. The new Rome style show looks interesting, but probably way down the queue for me to watch.
Sounds like theres some things worth it but i guess the main draw for me would be the EPL.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Sounds like theres some things worth it but i guess the main draw for me would be the EPL.
they had a student deal for a bit. I think first responders as well. I usually just pick it up during EPL and then turn it off when done. It wasn't that expensive compared to other stuff... but yeah. They also do a "oh, you're quitting, let me drop the cost" sometimes

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
they had a student deal for a bit. I think first responders as well. I usually just pick it up during EPL and then turn it off when done. It wasn't that expensive compared to other stuff... but yeah. They also do a "oh, you're quitting, let me drop the cost" sometimes
Thanks for the insight.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Exactly. Before buying Rasmus last year, United had no one diving after balls in front of the goal. Bruno and Garnacho and whoever sent numerous times balls out to the front of the goal and no one was there. Rasmus goes for them and Zirkzee went for one as he should.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Peacock is very good, if you like the sports they cover. They basically stream the Olympic sports, not just during the Olympics. Cycling (grand tours and classics), track & field, skiiing, etc...

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad