GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well, we're back! Chelsea plays Man City in the moneyed derby. North plays south when Newcastle takes on Southampton. And Leicester and Fulham get to knock off top 6 sides. It's great!

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Manchester UnitedFulhamFri., Aug. 16, 2:00 PMOld Trafford
Ipswich TownLiverpoolSat., Aug. 17, 6:30 AMPortman Road
ArsenalWolverhampton WanderersSat., Aug. 17, 9:00 AMThe Emirates
EvertonBrighton & Hove AlbionSat., Aug. 17, 9:00 AMGoodison Park
Newcastle UnitedSouthamptonSat., Aug. 17, 9:00 AMSt. James's Park
Nottingham ForestBournemouthSat., Aug. 17, 9:00 AMCity Ground
West Ham UnitedAston VillaSat., Aug. 17, 11:30 AMLondon Stadium
BrentfordCrystal PalaceSun., Aug. 18, 8:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
ChelseaManchester CitySun., Aug. 18, 10:30 AMStamford Bridge
Leicester CityTottenham HotspurMon., Aug. 19, 2:00 PMKing Power Stadium

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The PL season already kinda starts with the champions playing in the community shield.

Sure it's a glorified friendly but conceptually it's a meeting of the two most successful teams from the previous year in the first competitive game of the year even if it's not a league game. Obviously the FA cup being diminished in stature over the years and the higher influence on continental success has also undermined that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Really excited, this season is full of question marks for almost every single team. Predicting the top 6 was virtually impossible because I found flaws with every single one of them. I think this is one season where many midtable clubs will have loads of upsets on the top half like two years ago.

Horrible for the season to start with a 4:30 AM game I can't watch. Absolutely horrible
Invest in a DVR, but Peacock will have all the matches later on if you have self-control and don't check the score on your phone or here.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Do we think ESR and Iwobi will both score hat tricks today vs United today? Or just one of them?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
First 20 minutes of the season down and United is basically everything I expected.

Basically zero offensive gameplan, very static off the ball, and waiting for a moment of individual brilliance. The ETH special.

Reactions: Gecklund

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
First 20 minutes of the season down and United is basically everything I expected.

Basically zero offensive gameplan, very static off the ball, and waiting for a moment of individual brilliance. The ETH special.
Also their home kit looks worse than I thought with those stupid neon red swoops/stripes down the side (hate it on Arsenal's too). I didn't realize United had those when I saw just the shirt in the kits thread.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Also their home kit looks worse than I thought with those stupid neon red swoops/stripes down the side (hate it on Arsenal's too). I didn't realize United had those when I saw just the shirt in the kits thread.
Thinking the same thing honestly.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It makes it look like the players midsection and back is drenched in sweat and causing that part of the jersey to look darker.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It makes it look like the players midsection and back is drenched in sweat and causing that part of the jersey to look darker.
Yeah it's like they came up with two different ideas (gradients, neon swoops) and someone just decided why not both. The swoops look bad on Arsenal's kit too, but I actually don't mind them as much on Fulham's.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
First look at Smith-Rowe and he is horrible.
He looked pretty good for the first ~10mins before United took more control of the middle of the pitch. Iwobi has been invisible and Traore is Traore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad