Epic Calder Battle in 2024-25 Season

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
So it turns out that Mitchkovs KHL contract was just ploy to scare off teams so that he could fall to Philly.

Any team above Philly could have picked him anyway and then traded him

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Lane Hutson? Bwahaha

I mean I guess its possible, offensive D gets career year in points on shit teams (see Mike Matheson last year)

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
San Jose and Montreal just wont score as much as Dallas. It's a fact.

Stanky playing with Hintz & Roberts can't hurt either. He'll get some healthy peepee minutes aswell.

It's over.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
If Faber wasn't even considered neither is Hutson.
Faber had low 40s points and finished 2nd in voting. If Hutson pulls out 50-60 points as a rookie defenseman on a lottery team, he for sure is going to be up there.

Still, I'm expecting one of the forwards to win it.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
“Lap the field” lmao. Biased much? I don’t think any rookie ever has done anything close to what you could call “lapping the field” except maybe Gretzky. It certainly won’t be Stankoven, whose upside is likely somewhere between Brendan Gallagher and Alex DeBrincat.
Teemu Selanne had a pretty incredible rookie season, 30 points ahead of 2nd in points, 35 goals ahead of 2nd in goals. Had more ESP than Lindros who was also a rookie had for total points

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Teemu Selanne had a pretty incredible rookie season, 30 points ahead of 2nd in points, 35 goals ahead of 2nd in goals. Had more ESP than Lindros who was also a rookie had for total points
Cool. He still didn’t “lap the field “.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Lol. Why cause he didn't score?

No because after watching the whole game he looked mediocre relative to the very high expectation. It’s only Game 1 but Celebrini was much more impressive in his debut.

Again, only based on one game. It means very little, but all we have to go off so far. And always kinda fun to evaluate a hyped rookie’s first game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No because after watching the whole game he looked mediocre relative to the very high expectation. It’s only Game 1 but Celebrini was much more impressive in his debut.

Again, only based on one game. It means very little, but all we have to go off so far. And always kinda fun to evaluate a hyped rookie’s first game.
To each their own. Thought he had a fair share of moments that demonstrate he has higher innate skill, creativity, vision and decisiveness compared to his teammates. Yeah it you're comparing to another rookie who had a lucky goal and an assist, sure. Relative disappointment.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
To each their own. Thought he had a fair share of moments that demonstrate he has higher innate skill, creativity, vision and decisiveness compared to his teammates. Yeah it you're comparing to another rookie who had a lucky goal and an assist, sure. Relative disappointment.

“Lucky goal and an assist” is a reductive way to sell Celebrini short. I’m figuring you didn’t watch the game? His assist was beautiful, the move leading to the lucky bounce goal was impressive, he was buzzing most of the night, and looked amazing QB’ing the power play.

Sadly, Celebrini is injured and on IR. Injuries are so annoying!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad