Epic Calder Battle in 2024-25 Season

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I say Michkov however it's rarely the guy I think it is. Bedard didn't win it. McDavid never won it. Oilers have never had a rookie of the year and think of all the 1OV's that have gone through there.

Still, I say Michkov!

Bedard did win it lol. By a landslide.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I say Michkov however it's rarely the guy I think it is. Bedard didn't win it. McDavid never won it. Oilers have never had a rookie of the year and think of all the 1OV's that have gone through there.

Still, I say Michkov!
Bedard did win it, who were you thinking won?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Alright I admit lap the field may not be the best euphuism. He won't double in points, but he will have a significant gap between him and everyone else. 15+ points in a Calder race is too substantial to ignore for most voters.

The one thing that could hold him back is total minutes on ice. DeBoer will run four lines and Stank will only average 15-16 minutes a night. Some of these other forwards, let alone defensemen are going to have 4+ minutes more per game. That's what makes this particular set of rookies interesting. We'll see but yeah Stankoven should be if not the favorite then 1B.

Reactions: Fraser28

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Celebrini, mainly because those SJ home sweaters are sharp as hell and he looks great in it. SJ might not win a ton of games this season but they will be fun to watch.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I think remember faber got over 20% of the first place votes.

Landslide to me is like 95% or higher of the first place votes.

We have very different definitions of landslide then. Winning with 80% of the first place vote is a blowout. One of the biggest in recent times I think actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad