Epic Calder Battle in 2024-25 Season

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I say Michkov however it's rarely the guy I think it is. Bedard didn't win it. McDavid never won it. Oilers have never had a rookie of the year and think of all the 1OV's that have gone through there.

Still, I say Michkov!

Bedard did win it lol. By a landslide.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I say Michkov however it's rarely the guy I think it is. Bedard didn't win it. McDavid never won it. Oilers have never had a rookie of the year and think of all the 1OV's that have gone through there.

Still, I say Michkov!
Bedard did win it, who were you thinking won?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Alright I admit lap the field may not be the best euphuism. He won't double in points, but he will have a significant gap between him and everyone else. 15+ points in a Calder race is too substantial to ignore for most voters.

The one thing that could hold him back is total minutes on ice. DeBoer will run four lines and Stank will only average 15-16 minutes a night. Some of these other forwards, let alone defensemen are going to have 4+ minutes more per game. That's what makes this particular set of rookies interesting. We'll see but yeah Stankoven should be if not the favorite then 1B.

Reactions: Fraser28

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Celebrini, mainly because those SJ home sweaters are sharp as hell and he looks great in it. SJ might not win a ton of games this season but they will be fun to watch.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I think remember faber got over 20% of the first place votes.

Landslide to me is like 95% or higher of the first place votes.

We have very different definitions of landslide then. Winning with 80% of the first place vote is a blowout. One of the biggest in recent times I think actually.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
wtf are you talking about?? It's a Calder discussion - they're all rookies. None of them are perennial anything in the NHL yet.

I can't see Stankoven winning it but he is no slouch either. And he's playing with very good linemates on a potential Cup winning team
This is why reading comprehension is important lmao.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Ah yes, Gretzky.

The perfect name you could've used, in a discussion about Calder Trophy winners.

Well done.
Actually, it was a discussion about rookies and their point totals, in a thread about a wider topic (Calder Trophy race). I love it when someone tries to be snarky and falls flat on their face lmao. Well done.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I haven't watched a game of Celebrini yet, but Hutson is thoroughly impressive and if he is allowed the PP1 spot he could definitely win calder.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He had a big lead, but he didn’t “lap the field”, not even close.
Perennial 30 and 40 goal scorers? Gallagher has had 30 twice in 12 years. Debrincat has had 40 twice in 7 years.

I don't think perennial means what you think it means.
Gallagher paced for 30+ goals per season for like a 5 year stretch, and Debrincat scored 40 twice and had another season where he paced for it. You can have fun splitting hairs if you want to though. The point is that it’s ridiculous to act as if it’s an insult to Stankoven to be compared to them - he’s not that type of talent.
Depends on his definition but Seider had 170 1st place votes vs Zegras with 15
The discussion was about points, not votes.
Ovechkin and Crosby did, but the same season due to the lockout. If Stankoven gets 106 points, he might be well ahead of anyone else.
So nobody lapped the field that year, got it. And you think Stankoven is getting 100+ points? Lmao.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Actually, it was a discussion about rookies and their point totals, in a thread about a wider topic (Calder Trophy race). I love it when someone tries to be snarky and falls flat on their face lmao. Well done.

Uh huh.

You brought up Gretzky in a thread about who's going to win the Calder Trophy, not me. :dunno:

It's clear you're just going around trolling, so I'll leave you to it.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Uh huh.

You brought up Gretzky in a thread about who's going to win the Calder Trophy, not me. :dunno:

It's clear you're just going around trolling, so I'll leave you to it.
No, you butted into a conversation mid way through without bothering to read the context of the discussion. Now you’re doubling down on the stupid. You’re way off base here, and making a fool of yourself, so I’ll leave you to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad