Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Megathread XXI: "New, improved, and wayyyy too much info" Edition

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It’s all windowing dressing to make the organization look good. They were going to have a down year anyway and he was likely getting dealt at some point this year. It’s just so happens Musty wants to get moved sooner rather than later. He’ll be traded in a week at the longest.
Honestly I think trading Musty is probably smart for Sudbury given where they are in the junior cycle.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
There's very little chance of Askarov having that many starts IMO. We would need him to get healthy fast and have injury problems with both vet goalies for that to happen.
During my fantasy hockey draft I notcied yahoo had Askarov projected for like 60 starts...I was like good luck to whoever drafts him thinking they're getting that.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
During my fantasy hockey draft I notcied yahoo had Askarov projected for like 60 starts...I was like good luck to whoever drafts him thinking they're getting that.
If he'd come in healthy and had a chance to compete in camp, maybe I could have believed that but reading the tea leaves from what Warsofsky has been saying, I think he's in no tearing rush to get Askarov a ton of NHL starts. If and when Askarov is fully healthy and playing well with the Barracuda, I expect they're going to work him in slowly as a #2 guy at best.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
If Colorado or Toronto get desperate, they could go goalie hunting early in the season and open up a spot for Askarov in the first 30 games.
It would require an overpay.

I might be in the minority but I want Askarov to play the whole season with the Cuda and lead them to a deep playoff run. I also wouldn’t mind Muk staying down for an extended run as well. I think having a successful AHL team can be a good influence on the big club.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
It would require an overpay.

I might be in the minority but I want Askarov to play the whole season with the Cuda and lead them to a deep playoff run. I also wouldn’t mind Muk staying down for an extended run as well. I think having a successful AHL team can be a good influence on the big club.
Not Shak. Sharks need to see what they have him in at the NHL level.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Not Shak. Sharks need to see what they have him in at the NHL level.
His ice time will be at the expense of Thrun. I don’t want either sitting so I would rather they play top pairing minutes with the Cuda.

They will not sit Walman or Ferraro.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
His ice time will be at the expense of Thrun. I don’t want either sitting so I would rather they play top pairing minutes with the Cuda.

They will not sit Walman or Ferraro.
Maybe shuffle Ferraro to the right side? I don't know--it's not ideal, but the most important thing on defense this year is seeing what they have in Mukhamadullin and, to a lesser extent (but still important if he's showing growth) Thrun.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Maybe shuffle Ferraro to the right side? I don't know--it's not ideal, but the most important thing on defense this year is seeing what they have in Mukhamadullin and, to a lesser extent (but still important if he's showing growth) Thrun.
Oh I agree. I really want them to pump up Ferrari’s value and trade him.

Muk can also still show growth in the AHL this season. Just because he is not in the NHL doesn’t mean he can’t develop.

Also it’s not like Ferraro, Walkman, and Thrun will each play 82 games.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Oh I agree. I really want them to pump up Ferrari’s value and trade him.

Muk can also still show growth in the AHL this season. Just because he is not in the NHL doesn’t mean he can’t develop.

Also it’s not like Ferraro, Walkman, and Thrun will each play 82 games.
Yeah, I just don't want him to start to feel discouraged or like he's being held back longer than he should. But in some ways these injuries he and Askarov have dealt with, forcing both to begin the season with the Cuda, could be ideal because they basically give the Sharks some leash in terms of figuring things out while those guys spend time simply working their games into shape.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
He’s a 3/4 best case scenario it’s not like he’s been dominant in the AHL he’s been above average not great. That being said his all around game is good in no one area does it fall off a cliff steady across the board

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
He’s a 3/4 best case scenario it’s not like he’s been dominant in the AHL he’s been above average not great. That being said his all around game is good in no one area does it fall off a cliff steady across the board
A 3/4 sounds great considering none of our current defensemen are above 3rd pair caliber.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBigDrunkPanda

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Uh I’ll take either.
Right now, I'd just be thrilled to have four defensemen that can retrieve the puck in a reasonable amount of time and make a quick accurate pass to a teammate. So many shifts last night where the Sharks finally got the puck back and sent it down the ice so they could get a line change because they wore themselves out in their own end.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Right now, I'd just be thrilled to have four defensemen that can retrieve the puck in a reasonable amount of time and make a quick accurate pass to a teammate. So many shifts last night where the Sharks finally got the puck back and sent it down the ice so they could get a line change because they wore themselves out in their own end.
Last night, I didn't come away with the impression we had any in that lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad