Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Megathread XXI: "New, improved, and wayyyy too much info" Edition

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It’s all windowing dressing to make the organization look good. They were going to have a down year anyway and he was likely getting dealt at some point this year. It’s just so happens Musty wants to get moved sooner rather than later. He’ll be traded in a week at the longest.
Honestly I think trading Musty is probably smart for Sudbury given where they are in the junior cycle.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
There's very little chance of Askarov having that many starts IMO. We would need him to get healthy fast and have injury problems with both vet goalies for that to happen.
During my fantasy hockey draft I notcied yahoo had Askarov projected for like 60 starts...I was like good luck to whoever drafts him thinking they're getting that.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
During my fantasy hockey draft I notcied yahoo had Askarov projected for like 60 starts...I was like good luck to whoever drafts him thinking they're getting that.
If he'd come in healthy and had a chance to compete in camp, maybe I could have believed that but reading the tea leaves from what Warsofsky has been saying, I think he's in no tearing rush to get Askarov a ton of NHL starts. If and when Askarov is fully healthy and playing well with the Barracuda, I expect they're going to work him in slowly as a #2 guy at best.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If Colorado or Toronto get desperate, they could go goalie hunting early in the season and open up a spot for Askarov in the first 30 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad