OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
An enchanting evening. Good for you.

And the coda per Z's stick. Class recognizes class. :thumbu::clap::clap::clap:
It happened as the Bs were coming out for the third.

My daughter (in Calif) was watching the game with a friend. The announcer said "third period a bit of a delay due to a fight in the stands next to the bench" Amanda said (joking) to her friend "probably Mom"...

Big Z got a stick for being one of the 3 stars of the game....He handed it to me and asked me if I was alright. I had a huge black and purple bruise on my hip where it hit the back of the seat in front of me when the drunk asshole shoved me. It was sweet of Z.

@GahdenRinkRat was elbowed in the head and had an egg forming so the equipment manager gave her a bag of ice. He said to me "good thing Looch isn't here as he may have gone over the glass"...Of course he would not have (and shouldn't) but he was always nice to the old lady next to the bench.

A couple from this board were there and saw some of it.

The asshole also punched 2 security guards and tried to hit another women. He was arrested.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I lifted this from March 8th 2017 PGT.

at the time it was NOT fun.

So we had an interesting night....

So many here know where we sit. We are on the tunnel where the B's come out. Right behind us the emergency room doctor and his guest sit. Tonight the couple next to them were very drunk. They were screaming and swearing at some of the B's.

Now swearing happens at every game BUT these two idiots were really loud and rude. The guard behind the bench told them to knock it off...they didn't. I yelled out once SHUTUP and got called bad names so I ignored them.

When the B's were coming out for the 3d I stood up to high 5 them (as I always do). The drunk women cut in front of the Dr and gave me a little shove so I moved over. The guy came over gave me an elbow in the neck and than shoved me so hard I was going over the chair in front of me and would have hit my head and probably damaged my back if my sister hadn't grabbed my arm. The guy got right in my face as I was trying to not fall so I punched him and knocked his glasses off.

Two guards grabbed them and kicked them out. My sis has a bump on her head so the guys behind the bench gave her ice. The fans near us all cheered.

I have a bruise on my upper thigh and my neck is stiff.

It was the start of the third so the players were looking over.

After the game they announced the 3 stars. Big Z gave me the stick. Wasn't that sweet ??? I was a little worried that guy would be waiting for me outside so the stick would have come in handy.

At 64 I am too old for this so this will be my last fight (it was my first physical battle).

Now I am going to take a hot bath and some advil.
I was hoping for an appearance by the baseball bat

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
1. With my cousin, at my old place in Waterdown (for you Golden Horseshoe readers).

2. The best? Or my favourite? My favourite was either Byers or Darin Kimble. Side note - my favourite fighter ever was John Kordic. Best? I’m actually not sure - it wasn’t Miller tho. Guy threw softer than my girlfriend.

3. I was originally an oilers fan. Wayne, and all. And Semenko - met him once, the guys hands were like ham hocks. Then, in 1988 because my cousin told me to, I became a Bruins fan at 12 years old.

4. Yep. Especially at the pub or during playoffs.

5. This isn’t what you mean, probably, but it’s funny nonetheless - in junior B I fought a guy and got ejected. I went and showered, and then made my way into the crowd. Well, the kid i dummied, his dad approached me and was upset that I embarrassed his boy - so I embarrassed him, too. Yep - beat up a player and his dad during one game.

Sorta looks like me when I suddenly go clean shaven
You picked a bad year to switch from EDM -> BOS.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
How about some Bruins hockey questions?

1) Where were you on June 15, 2011, when the Bruins won the Cup?

2) Who has been the best Bruins fighter in the time frame of you becoming a Bruins fan?

3) Did you ever cheer for a team before you realized the Bruins are the best franchise on the planet to cheer for? We won't hold it against you if you did, you are in the right place now after all.

4) Do you wear Bruins gear on game day? Do you have any rituals you could share?

5) Have you ever got into an altercation (not necessarily physical) with a fan from another team?
1.home with the family
2. Loved to watch PJ Stock, Adam McQuaid
3. Grew up watching Bobby Orr
4. No
5. No but...
After a nasty Bos-Mon playoff game in which we got screwed over by the refs, there was a discussion and I asked a Mon mod if they even watched the game?.....Seemed like an overreaction to me but I got a warning. That was it, I didn't use foul language or call names, but I guess they thought it wasn't ok.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

2) Who has been the best Bruins fighter in the time frame of you becoming a Bruins fan?

3) Did you ever cheer for a team before you realized the Bruins are the best franchise on the planet to cheer for? We won't hold it against you if you did, you are in the right place now after all.

4) Do you wear Bruins gear on game day? Do you have any rituals you could share?

5) Have you ever got into an altercation (not necessarily physical) with a fan from another team?

1. In my apartment in the Philadelphia suburbs since I had just finished a grad program out there. I'd move back to NH by July/August. That was a memorable time.

2. It's gotta be Lucic or Shawn Thornton. Honorable mention to McQuaid. PJ Stock was the most fun, but I think pound for pound, on technicals, it's the two I mentioned. Chara would murder anyone but he almost never actually fought because no one was dumb enough to challenge him.

3. My dad grew up in NY as a Rangers fan so in my childhood I did also like the Rangers, but by the time I was 13 or so and started following more regularly on NESN I was pretty exclusively Bruins by then.

4. Nah, never liked drawing attention to myself that way. I did once wear an old B's jersey to Anaheim, but that was it. I don't even have any Bruins gear anymore.

5. Nope, I stay out of it in person. I've gotten in my share of arguments online though behind the anonymity of the internet.

Reactions: caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

My daughter (in Calif) was watching the game with a friend. The announcer said "third period a bit of a delay due to a fight in the stands next to the bench" Amanda said (joking) to her friend "probably Mom"...

Big Z got a stick for being one of the 3 stars of the game....He handed it to me and asked me if I was alright. I had a huge black and purple bruise on my hip where it hit the back of the seat in front of me when the drunk asshole shoved me. It was sweet of Z.

@GahdenRinkRat was elbowed in the head and had an egg forming so the equipment manager gave her a bag of ice. He said to me "good thing Looch isn't here as he may have gone over the glass"...Of course he would not have (and shouldn't) but he was always nice to the old lady next to the bench.

The asshole also punched 2 security guards and tried to hit another women. He was arrested.
I remember this. So glad he got arrested

Reactions: GordonHowe

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I lifted this from March 8th 2017 PGT.
I think I was at that game as well and my daughter and I were sitting near where you seats are...

The couple was acting out of control the entire night, and when they were being removed the guy started going after the security guards. When the police showed up they were very...thorough...in making sure that he was subdued.

I remember thinking, "That guy is going to do time." and rightfully so.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think I was at that game as well and my daughter and I were sitting near where you seats are...

The couple was acting out of control the entire night, and when they were being removed the guy started going after the security guards. When the police showed up they were very...thorough...in making sure that he was subdued.

I remember thinking, "That guy is going to do time." and rightfully so.
I remember you telling me this after.

Do you go to many games?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

1. at home
2. Quaider.
3. Never
4. Sometimes I wear some Bruins gear. My only ritual is GDT participation- I always post "Drop the f***ing puck already!!!" before the game starts
5. No

Last edited:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

1. In bed with the covers over my head, TV on mute, listening to Goucher/ Beers. Didn't want to go to sleep that night in case it was a dream.

2. Wayne Cashman.

3. Bruins.....always

4. I have a Bruins pendant that I never take off. I wear it with my moon Blessings pendant. I play PAREE by John Kiley before every game.

5. Nope...but I have been known to use my 'hockey words'

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

1. Living room. With my mom and my 3 year old niece at the time (now she's 16). She wanted to stay up and watch. After they won, she asked to go outside and yell "The Bruins won!". So.of course we did. I have it on video. One of the best memories and moments of my life.

2. PJ Stock and Looch.

3. Nope. Always the Bruins.

4. Nope. I am superstitious. I'll wear Bruins gear to a game if I'm going to it in person. I don't wear any Bruins stuff when a game is being played that day/night. I'll wear gear on the days games aren't on. Every time that I've worn gear on gameday, they've lost. I've even tried it once this year just to see if it happens. We'll it still happens. So I don't do it.

5. Yes. I wrote on here about my experience in the balcony years ago. I said I would never EVER sit up there again and I never have. (If I can find my post about it I'll copy and paste it.)

There have been 2 experiences. And both were in the balcony.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I remember you telling me this after.

Do you go to many games?
A few every year...

My brother has access to seats which I think are very close to yours, but that night my daughter and were sitting a few rows up on the aisle so we had a very clear few of them removing that guy...I can still remember how unhinged he was the entire night.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A few every year...

My brother has access to seats which I think are very close to yours, but that night my daughter and were sitting a few rows up on the aisle so we had a very clear few of them removing that guy...I can still remember how unhinged he was the entire night.
Yeah...He was very drunk when he got there but they kept serving him two at a time. He was swearing at all of the Bs (and flipping them off) during the pregame skate and spilling beers on the folks in front of him. I told him to shut up and he called me every name in the book. He wouldn't sit during the game and was just a total ass. All in my section cheered when he got taken out. He was saying " I paid for these seats...I can do whatever I want"...NOPE

They should have tossed him earlier than they did. When he shoved me (I would have been really hurt if my sis hadn't grabbed my arm), I banged against the seat in front of me...I had a deep bruise for a month. He elbowed my sis in the head. He was in my face (with his horrible beer breath) as I tried to get up after being shoved so I punched him in the face. I had never done this before and thought he would kill me but one of my favorite security guards was already almost there (because he was getting tossed) and grabbed him. He told me " I will get you" and I probably told him to f*** off.

He punched a couple of security guards and tried to hit another women in his row.

It was a strange night. The next game the head of security spoke to me and said they were sorry this happened...He also said the guy was arrested and he is banned for life at the Garden. I am not sure how they can control this but whatever.

In 23 years it was the worst thing.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010

At home watching on TV...when the game was close I spent a fair amount of game time organizing the refrigerator because I was too stressed to watch on TV.

My favorite was Lyndon Byers...not sure if he was the best though.

Weird situation; I moved to CT after college ended up rooting for the Whalers and even signed up for season tickets during the push to keep the team in Hartford. But, the Bruins have always been my favorite team.

I own a lot Bruins gear and when I go to games, I will usually pull out a game worn jersey to wear at the Garden.

Never an altercation, but i have good friends who are Habs fans and Rangers fans so there is some verbal jousting, but never anything that would cause harm to a friendship.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Reactions: BMC

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

I was there that night, about a dozen rows behind you. I was glad to see you still standing. I remember calling out to you, but it was mayhem and there was no way to get any closer. Complete a--holes.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Sitting in my living room. I wanted to watch it with my family. I joined the neighborhood celebration after they won.

So many to choose from. I'd say Wayne Cashman or Adam McQuaid. Quaider was fearless. But Jonathan, O'Reilly, Wensink, Al Secord, Jay Miller, Brian Curran, LB, Neely, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting were a treat to watch.

No. My dad raised me as a B's and Sox fan.

Not in particular. I may wear a B's sweathshirt or hat.

Never. I've told a few people to shut up but never had anything escalate.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

At my rented condo in Methuen, Mass. with my wife, brother, sister in law, and my loyal hound Clifford. It was the first championship of any kind Mrs. 103 and I watched together.
Hmm. Jay Miller, Cam Neely, PJ Stock, and Shawn Thornton were pretty great fighters. Colton Orr was good, too.
Nope. I’m a third generation Bruins fan. We’ve been rooting for the Bruins since the very beginning, and there was never any possibility of rooting for any other team.
I do. I have a handful of t-shirts and jerseys I like to wear for big games, but no real rituals.
No. Thankfully, all my interactions with fans of other teams have been either pleasant, or at the very least, civil. My warm and approachable demeanor seems to disarm would-be shit-talkers and trouble-makers. Especially Canadiens fans. I’ve never once had a beef with a Habs fan. They’ve been nothing but kind to me. Seriously.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I get to drop my car off at the body shop tomorrow to finally get the damage to the back quarter panel fixed. YAY.

If you ever need tape to hold a vehicle together :laugh: this stuff is great. Survived over two months, lots of rain, and six or seven inches of snow and never came loose at all.

20240225_142416.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I like to watch this guy's videos.

I was curious about this ship just because it's ridiculously over the top.

I cannot imagine spending over $31,000 for a few days at sea. I don't care if it's super duper first class or whatever.

I shudder to think of being on a boat with that many people. Ugh. It's like a giant amusement park on water.

If I was going on a cruise I think I'd go with a smaller ship.

• Wow
Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad