OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Donnie is cooking breakfast!

1708783983673.jpeg

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

MGH finally said the C word..........as the Pet Scan confirmed what they were concerned about..................

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:
There are 4 pulmonary nodules in the right upper lobe that are new since September 2022 but are unchanged since October 2023
Mild uptake to the queried right apical nodule, which remains indeterminate for primary lung neoplasm.
Focus of moderate uptake in the right lower lobe with areas of groundglass in the medial right lower lobe and intensely avid right hilar lymph node. These findings are indeterminate and may be consistent with a right lower lobe pneumonia given rapid appearance or possibly neoplastic in etiology given the intense avidity and size of the hilar node.

It is very small in the lungs and NOT aggressive. I meet with the team on Monday afternoon. The QB of the team is considered to be Tom Brady like at MGH
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Henning Willers, MD
Dr. Willers obtained his M.D. from the University of Hamburg Medical School in Germany in 1994. After two years of residency training in radiation oncology in Germany, he came to Boston to work as a research fellow on DNA repair in the laboratory of Simon Powell, M.D., Ph.D.. He then completed his residency training in radiation oncology at the MGH in 2005. Following three years as an attending physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Boston Medical Center, he returned to the MGH to join the Thoracic Radiation Oncology Program in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Willers has a busy clinical practice focusing on the care of patient with thoracic cancers of various types while also spending time in the laboratory. He is active in clinical, physics, and biology research with the overarching goal of advancing precision radiation medicine, which combines the latest in biological therapies with high-precision radiation therapy to increase the likelihood of cure without complications in patients with lung cancer.
-----------------------------------
"Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright"

Sending healing vibes your way Kevin:heart: Great team at MGH and your team here is behind you all the way! Here’s hoping you are ready for a long playoff run:highclap:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This is what I posted on Facebook

I want to thank everyone for the good vibes.

I have complete faith in the medical team that my PCP at MGH has assembled on my behalf. I had a real wake-up call just before Christmas in 2021 where I wound up spending EIGHT nights at the Hotel MGH and the reality is insurance companies don't sign off on that unless you are really sick.

They have been watching my lungs since then and ordered tests to monitor things.

The vibes I am getting from the Docs are positive and on Monday afternoon they will meet with me and discuss a plan.

Life is like a FIFA soccer game - it's going to end but only the big referee in the sky knows when....

Remember this shocker from LA LAW?

Sending good thoughts your way!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My niece's Achilles tendon surgery has been scheduled for this coming Tuesday. My sister said the seriousness of the injury has finally hit her (niece)- no outdoor track season, no spring break trip with her friends & curtailed graduation activities per her surgeon.
Please keep her in your prayers or send her good vibes, she's feeling pretty blue right now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My niece's Achilles tendon surgery has been scheduled for this coming Tuesday. My sister said the seriousness of the injury has finally hit her (niece)- no outdoor track season, no spring break trip with her friends & curtailed graduation activities per her surgeon.
Please keep her in your prayers or send her good vibes, she's feeling pretty blue right now.
I would bet she will feel a bit better once the surgery is done. Then she can concentrate on healing and getting back to normal.

To me waiting to have something like this done is so stressful.

I am sending healing energy.

She is so young.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
How about some Bruins hockey questions?

1) Where were you on June 15, 2011, when the Bruins won the Cup?

2) Who has been the best Bruins fighter in the time frame of you becoming a Bruins fan?

3) Did you ever cheer for a team before you realized the Bruins are the best franchise on the planet to cheer for? We won't hold it against you if you did, you are in the right place now after all.

4) Do you wear Bruins gear on game day? Do you have any rituals you could share?

5) Have you ever got into an altercation (not necessarily physical) with a fan from another team?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

2) Who has been the best Bruins fighter in the time frame of you becoming a Bruins fan?

3) Did you ever cheer for a team before you realized the Bruins are the best franchise on the planet to cheer for? We won't hold it against you if you did, you are in the right place now after all.

4) Do you wear Bruins gear on game day? Do you have any rituals you could share?

5) Have you ever got into an altercation (not necessarily physical) with a fan from another team?
1. Crying in my living room.
3. Nope. Bs are my one and only.
4. Sometimes. On game day I always have coffee out of a Bruins mug. And my husband wakes up, sees it and invariably asks “Is there a game tonight?”
5. A little kid in a wheelchair cursed me and gave me the finger after we beat the Flyers in Philly once. I refrained from beating his ass.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

1. Friends wanted me to go out with them to watch the game but I watch too intently so I spent the night at home, in front of the TV with folks on the HF. What a great night. We had so much fun and everyone was getting along...sigh

2. Maybe Terry O'Reilly?

3. Nope. i am 71 and it has always been the Bs for me.

4. It is very cold where I sit for home games. I wear layers. I wear a long underwear shirt and a thick black button up shirt that is very warm. Sometimes I have even another layer on. I wear jeans and warm shoes. I have a Bruins pin on my shirt. I am pretty sure everyone near me knows which team I am cheering for. Sometimes I wear a Bs jersey (Cam Neely/ signed) when we go to away games.

I used to high five the players as they came on to the ice before each period, but the Garden sealed up all of the places where folks could do this. Pasta still knocks on the glass when he sees me and @GahdenRinkRat and when Linus is the backup he manages to blocker my fingertips through a very small space.. :laugh:

5. I have had words with a few fans but my only fight (in my life) was with a guy with a Bs shirt on. I punched him.:naughty:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

1. Watching it on my living room TV.
2. Best or favorite? Best was Terry O'Reilly. My favorite was Stan Jonathan
3. Another NHL team? No. Although I will admit to pulling for the Rangers in the '94 playoffs, in a moment of weakness....after the B's got eliminated.
4. Sometimes, not always. No rituals, although I do save my '72 Orr sweater for big games only...
5. Nothing beyond good-natured ribbing.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

In my family room screaming like crazy.

hard question. On any given night O’Reilley, Jonathan, Wensink

lol….no

4) Do you wear Bruins gear on game day?

when I was younger

no. But I did once ban a former Sabres player from this site. If that counts.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

In my family room screaming like crazy.

hard question. On any given night O’Reilley, Jonathan, Wensink

lol….no

4) Do you wear Bruins gear on game day?

when I was younger

no. But I did once ban a former Sabres player from this site. If that counts.
It would take me too long to type out the multiple answers I have for all these questions

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Packed up all my candles today and I had way more than I thought plus I got rid of some!

Honestly, after this weekend, I am in fantastic shape and I am not going to stress out anymore. I am going to be down for the count in 2 weeks because I am having another hip/si joint injection.

I donated 3 boxes of cups/glasses and some sweaters to Savers today and it felt so damn good.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

1. I watched the game at The Fours, got there three hours before puck drop and stood the whole evening. What I remember is the moment Marchand scored his empty netter to truly seal the deal and the placed roared.

2. I would say O'Reilly, but I will give an honorable mention to P.J. Stock.

3. I would say the Red Sox, perhaps, because I was into baseball(played Little League and pickup ball on the days in between, something that hasn't existed for a while) and grew up in a Vermont town(Manchester) that didn't have an indoor rink yet. It was when I entered prep school in Central Mass. in 1981 and started playing hockey there(I was on the third team for four years) and watching the B's on snowy TV-38 that hockey became #1.

4. Unless I'm at TD Garden or at a Hockey East rink(which I will be tonight, BU vs. UConn), or there is a 10 p.m. faceoff, when the B's are playing I'm watching the game at Buff's Pub, just down the street from my apartment. I usually wear a Bruins polo or sweatshirt, occasionally something else hockey related, like a Frozen Four sweatshirt or NESHL polo shirt. When I fly, which is once or twice a year, I like to wear Bruins gear.

5. No real altercations, but sitting in the old blue seats at MSG during the 80's while wearing Bruins gear was interesting. One time I wore a #77 jersey up there at a B's-Rangers game(they like Ray because he gave up #7 to Espo), and guys behind me were more angry at James Patrick than me. It was "Patrick, shoot, you ass____!", and "Patrick, make the pass, you ass____!" over and over, you wouldn't believe it.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I would love to hear the story behind this.
I lifted this from March 8th 2017 PGT.

at the time it was NOT fun.

So we had an interesting night....

So many here know where we sit. We are on the tunnel where the B's come out. Right behind us the emergency room doctor and his guest sit. Tonight the couple next to them were very drunk. They were screaming and swearing at some of the B's.

Now swearing happens at every game BUT these two idiots were really loud and rude. The guard behind the bench told them to knock it off...they didn't. I yelled out once SHUTUP and got called bad names so I ignored them.

When the B's were coming out for the 3d I stood up to high 5 them (as I always do). The drunk women cut in front of the Dr and gave me a little shove so I moved over. The guy came over gave me an elbow in the neck and than shoved me so hard I was going over the chair in front of me and would have hit my head and probably damaged my back if my sister hadn't grabbed my arm. The guy got right in my face as I was trying to not fall so I punched him and knocked his glasses off.

Two guards grabbed them and kicked them out. My sis has a bump on her head so the guys behind the bench gave her ice. The fans near us all cheered.

I have a bruise on my upper thigh and my neck is stiff.

It was the start of the third so the players were looking over.

After the game they announced the 3 stars. Big Z gave me the stick. Wasn't that sweet ??? I was a little worried that guy would be waiting for me outside so the stick would have come in handy.

At 64 I am too old for this so this will be my last fight (it was my first physical battle).

Now I am going to take a hot bath and some advil.

Last edited:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

1. With my cousin, at my old place in Waterdown (for you Golden Horseshoe readers).

2. The best? Or my favourite? My favourite was either Byers or Darin Kimble. Side note - my favourite fighter ever was John Kordic. Best? I’m actually not sure - it wasn’t Miller tho. Guy threw softer than my girlfriend.

3. I was originally an oilers fan. Wayne, and all. And Semenko - met him once, the guys hands were like ham hocks. Then, in 1988 because my cousin told me to, I became a Bruins fan at 12 years old.

4. Yep. Especially at the pub or during playoffs.

5. This isn’t what you mean, probably, but it’s funny nonetheless - in junior B I fought a guy and got ejected. I went and showered, and then made my way into the crowd. Well, the kid i dummied, his dad approached me and was upset that I embarrassed his boy - so I embarrassed him, too. Yep - beat up a player and his dad during one game.

Tonight, is the full snow moon

The February full Moon is a Micromoon this year (the opposite of a Supermoon) It simply means that the full Moon is at its farthest point from Earth (252,225 miles). In astronomical terms, this is called “apogee.

View attachment 824714
Sorta looks like me when I suddenly go clean shaven

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I don't have any.

I was in Grosse Pointe, Michigan at my mom's house. As silly as it sounds, I cried.

I wasn't in Boston during the Lunch Pale AC days, though that's the gold standard, as it were.

Cam was a monster, of course. Much later, Milan, who (like Neely) fought with abandon and frightening intensity. Chara was the opposite, though look out if he was genuinely angry. His size, strength and wrestling background basically made him unbeatable. Often Z would rag doll a player, essentially toying with him. Many times I felt he went relatively easy on an opponent, because he was conscious of this and didn't want to seriously injure someone. (He did the same thing when checking.)

A lot of respect and admiration for Shawn Thornton, a middle weight technician who would stick up for his teammates, fight anyone, and almost always won.

We had season's tickets to the Red Wings and I revered Howe for his mean streak as much as his scoring prowess. I saw him play and was at the old Olympia for his final game in 1971. I was captivated by the Big Bad Bruins -- their swagger, their style. It was easy in the 70s to transfer my allegiance, because throughout that decade the Dead Wings were consistently dreadful. I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise if the paper bag bit :baghead: began in Detroit.

I wear B's swag a lot, game day or no. Particularly the Bruins jacket my family gave to me (along with tickets to see Boston-Pittsburgh, the game before Thornton went after Orpik from behind) for my 50th birthday.

Nah. It's a game. Good natured back and forth at most. Stay away from those who have had a few.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

1. In my living room, screaming, crying, I want to do that again!

2. My favourite is Terry O'Reilly but there are so many good ones. That is a hard question if I do say so myself.

3. Nope

4. Every game day and my beautiful, gold Bruins necklace that I conned the Habs fans at our Quebec HO to buy me for my 25th work anniversary in 2011. I got that before the playoffs.

5. In 2014, we went to the HHOF in Toronto, it was Bruins day so we all wore our Bruins gear, of course. Afterwards we stopped at a Subway in Mississauga and a guy approached us in the parking lot. He seemed friendly, then I quickly realized he was a Habs fan, he started chirping me about them taking us out of the playoffs that year. I was livid, I went at him but my daughter grabbed my arm and pulled me away....lol I was yelling, you didn't win anything either as they stuffed me into the car. I sort of lose my sanity when provoked.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I lifted this from March 8th 2017 PGT.

at the time it was NOT fun.

So we had an interesting night....

So many here know where we sit. We are on the tunnel where the B's come out. Right behind us the emergency room doctor and his guest sit. Tonight the couple next to them were very drunk. They were screaming and swearing at some of the B's.

Now swearing happens at every game BUT these two idiots were really loud and rude. The guard behind the bench told them to knock it off...they didn't. I yelled out once SHUTUP and got called bad names so I ignored them.

When the B's were coming out for the 3d I stood up to high 5 them (as I always do). The drunk women cut in front of the Dr and gave me a little shove so I moved over. The guy came over gave me an elbow in the neck and than shoved me so hard I was going over the chair in front of me and would have hit my head and probably damaged my back if my sister hadn't grabbed my arm. The guy got right in my face as I was trying to not fall so I punched him and knocked his glasses off.

Two guards grabbed them and kicked them out. My sis has a bump on her head so the guys behind the bench gave her ice. The fans near us all cheered.

I have a bruise on my upper thigh and my neck is stiff.

It was the start of the third so the players were looking over.

After the game they announced the 3 stars. Big Z gave me the stick. Wasn't that sweet ??? I was a little worried that guy would be waiting for me outside so the stick would have come in handy.

At 64 I am too old for this so this will be my last fight (it was my first physical battle).

Now I am going to take a hot bath and some advil.

An enchanting evening. Good for you.

And the coda per Z's stick. Class recognizes class. :thumbu::clap::clap::clap:

PS I also enjoyed the story of some fool essentially breaking into your hotel room (with your daughter at Logan, I believe) and your shouting at him to "Get the f*** out!" Hilarious in retrospect but doubtless upsetting at the time.

If you can find it without trouble, please post that one, too.

Clearly, you've got that Bruins DNA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad