OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I l

I love all Judas Priest albums and you are bang on about the first two albums. Absolutely classic. My personal favorite is a compilation album, I believe, called Hero Hero. The Dreamer Deceiver/ Deceiver songs ARE a great vocal performance. Period. Just Great.
Mine too! I have that on CD. 😊

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Picked the floor for the Maine house! Hoping to start Aug Sept
56839.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seeing Fury Road at the science museum tonight. Then i might head north immediately after and ski tomorrow. My brother drove up to Cannon today, is staying the night and going to bretton woods tomorrow. I planned on getting some things done around the houses this weekend, but I’m not sure if i can resist a day in the woods.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Damn so ruths chris is trying to bring me back. Have a meeting at 1130 on Monday about coming back

3 days in and this new place is ass

My boy whos 20 is basically the kitchen manager. The 2 people trying to train me dont speak english. How am I prepping stuff at 10PM on a friday cuz we ran out? Horrible management.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Damn so ruths chris is trying to bring me back. Have a meeting at 1130 on Monday about coming back

3 days in and this new place is ass

My boy whos 20 is basically the kitchen manager. The 2 people trying to train me dont speak english. How am I prepping stuff at 10PM on a friday cuz we ran out? Horrible management.

Grass ain’t always greener.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My neighbor has this beautiful Calico cat that they "sometimes" let in at night.

this poor thing is under my shed hiding from the rain. It is SOAKED and theyre not home. I've tried to get it to come to me but it's very scared. Please keep your cats indoors. This breaks my heart. Little baby should be inside.

:(

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My neighbor has this beautiful Calico cat that they "sometimes" let in at night.

this poor thing is under my shed hiding from the rain. It is SOAKED and theyre not home. I've tried to get it to come to me but it's very scared. Please keep your cats indoors. This breaks my heart. Little baby should be inside.

I judge people by how they treat their animals.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Borrow Ladyfan"s bat and pay a visit...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I judge people by how they treat their animals.

Me too. And it's worse when there's nothing I can do about it. I've told them that cats don't belong outside, especially in this city while we have coyotes in the neighborhood. They don't care. Sometimes they're gone for days. Me and other neighbors have left food out for it when we found this out. The husband told us he travels for work. And his wife stays with his mother when he's not home.

My mom said why don't you bring it with you to your mother's when you aren't at home, she said the cat prefers outside.

It's just sad. We all wish it was a bit friendlier so one of us could take it in when they're not home. But it's still scared. And it's not microchipped. The only decent thing they've done is use the voucher we told him to get so she could be spayed. And they did.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Borrow Ladyfan"s bat and pay a visit...

If I could I would. Heck, most of the people who live on both streets want to take the cat in and not tell the owners. Obviously nobody can do that. However, it's still raining. They're not home. Not sure where this cat is now. I think this is neglect. And we are lucky they got her spayed last summer.

They're nice people to talk to. But they don't believe cats belong in the house. So when it goes "in". It's only the fenced in porch. It makes me so sad.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Get a Styrofoam cooler.....cut out a 'door' where the cat can get inside when it needs shelter. Place blankets/ or straw for bedding. Put it out during bad weather.

Or call animal services.....

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Get a Styrofoam cooler.....cut out a 'door' where the cat can get inside when it needs shelter. Place blankets/ or straw for bedding. Put it out during bad weather.

Or call animal services.....

Thats a great idea. I'm going to mention it to the group chat (the ladies in the neighborhood).

Unfortunately for animal control, we were told because it has access to food and water (they saw it outside and inside the screened in porch over the summer) and adequate shelter, there's nothing they can do. Even though the wife told us the kitty is only let in the porch "sometimes". And it likes being outside. It's so fustrating. It's 1:42am and they're not home. I got a text from my neighbor who lives directly across from them saying she was going to make a log of how long they're not home for.

I will say, if anyone ends up just taking in this cat, it would be her lol and if it happens, I won't be saying anything. Lips would be sealed!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Several years ago, our neighbour across the street mistreated a dog they had - I finally got animal services to visit after they had the dog on a chain about a foot long, they left her outside day and night (it was Spring) with a bowl of water that they would sometimes move out of her reach. She could hardly move. The guy who lived there was not someone to mess with, he eventually went to prison for murder, the task force had been out twice for spousal abuse. His father is very powerful and he was out in a couple of years. Money can buy anything, fortunately his father sold the house while he was incarcerated.

He knew it was me who called the humane society, one day he blocked me from getting in my driveway, gave me such an evil look, then he would be cutting his grass on his rider mower and would stop directly across the street from us and stare me down if I was out. I was scared.

They warned him and told me he isn't a nice guy, no kidding! Finally they took the dog because they said after he was told there would be checkups, he called them back and said to come and get her.
By that time, I had already contacted an animal rights activist group who were going to grab her from outside first chance they had. Luckily it ended well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad