OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

toria13

Sep 18, 2019
I don't know if anyone is watching figure skating world championships but Deanna Stellato-Dudek of Canada just won a gold metal (in pairs) at age 40! very impressive. She had competed singles for the US as a teenager, retired due to injury in 2001, and came back as a pairs skater for Canada in 2019.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not really a whole album but favorite songs from each album.
My favorite album was “Painkiller” for a long time. “Screaming for Vengeance” and “Defenders of the Faith” were great from start to finish as well.

I’ve always thought their first two albums, “Rocka Rolla” and “Sad Wings of Destiny” were underrated. Though not my favorite song of theirs, “Dying to Meet You” off their first album is, in my opinion, Rob Halford’s best vocal performance.

• Love
Reactions: eightspokedb

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
A whole bunch of people owe her and her family a massive apology. May she kick cancer's ass

No, the Royal Family f***ed this up. They could have put the kibosh on this weeks ago with even a moderately competent statement. Instead the left a giant void for the public to fill.

And the public has every right considering the Royal Family is a f***ing monarchy in the year 2024 that gets £86.3 million a year from taxpayers. If they want privacy renounce the monarchy and live as private citizens. So long as they want to be unelected, subsidized kings and queens they have a duty to at least some transparency.

I'm very sorry she and her kids have to go through this, I truly am. But the royal family's fake photos and total lack of transparency fed the gossip.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
No, the Royal Family f***ed this up. They could have put the kibosh on this weeks ago with even a moderately competent statement. Instead the left a giant void for the public to fill.

And the public has every right considering the Royal Family is a f***ing monarchy in the year 2024 that gets £86.3 million a year from taxpayers. If they want privacy renounce the monarchy and live as private citizens. So long as they want to be unelected, subsidized kings and queens they have a duty to at least some transparency.

I'm very sorry she and her kids have to go through this, I truly am. But the royal family's fake photos and total lack of transparency fed the gossip.
I don't disagree that this could have all been avoided with a competent statement at the beginning.

The people claiming she's already dead and all the other tabloid bullshit are who owe her an apology. There was no need for any of it.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't disagree that this could have all been avoided with a competent statement at the beginning.

The people claiming she's already dead and all the other tabloid bullshit are who owe her an apology. There was no need for any of it.

I don't think anyone owes them an apology unless someone blatantly and knowingly lied.

When they're releasing fake photos and then offering up bullshit explanations for them they created the environment for wild speculation and theories.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don't think anyone owes them an apology unless someone blatantly and knowingly lied.

When they're releasing fake photos and then offering up bullshit explanations for them they created the environment for wild speculation and theories.
I don't disagree with you that this was all self inflicted.

At this point, I hope they've learned a hard lesson and I also hope that once it is disclosed the type of cancer she has, we can all start having important conversations around diagnosing this wretched disease.

Reactions: BMC

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't disagree with you that this was all self inflicted.

At this point, I hope they've learned a hard lesson and I also hope that once it is disclosed the type of cancer she has, we can all start having important conversations around diagnosing this wretched disease.

I'm just really mad they botched something like this so badly when it's this serious. Should have released a simple video after the fake photo debacle. She didn't even have to say what exactly was going on to end all of the speculation.

"Hi everyone, I know there are some wild stories out there and my little picture didn't help, so i wanted to just say hello to everyone worried. I am still recovering from my surgery and will be back as soon as I feel up to it."

She wouldn't have even have had to share her diagnosis at this point. The smallest amount of transparency would have covered it. But for her to be going through that while they made it so much worse is absurd. Hire one competent PR person. You can afford it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

The only thing that sounded off to me at the time of her surgery was the expected recovery period. That told me she had had major surgery of some kind, this wasn't a laproscopic procedure or something like that. Something major had gone wrong somewhere. Now we know it was cancer.

I agree a clear statement at the beginning would have gone a long way to put a stop to all the speculative bullshit. However like his younger brother Harry, her husband William loathes & fears the media and I imagine that has rubbed off on her (she's had her own run ins with the media too). Not surprising they weren't willing to say any more than the bare minimum they could get away with at the time.

For her sake & her family's I hope she makes a complete recovery.

f*** cancer.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The AI photos and such were an odd decision but I'm not going to judge anyone on if and how they choose to disclose or hide that they have cancer. I'd assume in that situation your family's thoughts are on more important things than public perception.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That Missouri college student who went missing in Nashville was found dead this morning in the Cumberland River. No initial indications of foul play but they are doing an autopsy.

There is a 15 year old autistic boy from our county who went missing about a month ago and there is zero trace of him. They've searched everywhere and asked everyone to check their security cameras multiple times a day as he is known to like to hide in small spaces. Even the bloodhounds couldn't pick up a scent. I have a hard time believing he's still alive. Fifteen year olds generally don't just vanish without a trace on their own.

Very sad in both cases.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I l
My favorite album was “Painkiller” for a long time. “Screaming for Vengeance” and “Defenders of the Faith” were great from start to finish as well.

I’ve always thought their first two albums, “Rocka Rolla” and “Sad Wings of Destiny” were underrated. Though not my favorite song of theirs, “Dying to Meet You” off their first album is, in my opinion, Rob Halford’s best vocal performance.
I love all Judas Priest albums and you are bang on about the first two albums. Absolutely classic. My personal favorite is a compilation album, I believe, called Hero Hero. The Dreamer Deceiver/ Deceiver songs ARE a great vocal performance. Period. Just Great.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
That Missouri college student who went missing in Nashville was found dead this morning in the Cumberland River. No initial indications of foul play but they are doing an autopsy.

There is a 15 year old autistic boy from our county who went missing about a month ago and there is zero trace of him. They've searched everywhere and asked everyone to check their security cameras multiple times a day as he is known to like to hide in small spaces. Even the bloodhounds couldn't pick up a scent. I have a hard time believing he's still alive. Fifteen year olds generally don't just vanish without a trace on their own.

Very sad in both cases.

Followed both these cases. Usually, they end up having happy endings as of late. Not so atm.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1711135231217.png

1711135301536.png

Welcome to the world my great nephew Kenny. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events