OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
You always call animal control when you suspect neglect/abuse and any time you see an animal in distress.

Reactions: caz16

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thats a great idea. I'm going to mention it to the group chat (the ladies in the neighborhood).

Unfortunately for animal control, we were told because it has access to food and water (they saw it outside and inside the screened in porch over the summer) and adequate shelter, there's nothing they can do. Even though the wife told us the kitty is only let in the porch "sometimes". And it likes being outside. It's so fustrating. It's 1:42am and they're not home. I got a text from my neighbor who lives directly across from them saying she was going to make a log of how long they're not home for.

I will say, if anyone ends up just taking in this cat, it would be her lol and if it happens, I won't be saying anything. Lips would be sealed!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

We've decided we're making one of this.

And in case if anyone is following along, the owners are still not home today. I saw her eating from the neighbor across the street on her back steps. That's the closest she's come to that house. I'm hoping she gets comfortable and she just takes her in. It's just sad. But I'll definitely be making one of these. I'll post on here when I make it. Hopefully I don't mess it up

Last edited:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I l

I love all Judas Priest albums and you are bang on about the first two albums. Absolutely classic. My personal favorite is a compilation album, I believe, called Hero Hero. The Dreamer Deceiver/ Deceiver songs ARE a great vocal performance. Period. Just Great.
My favorite JP song is whichever one is playing. I love every album they release. The newest one is bang on. This old man is hitting notes that make my toes curl. And the rest of the band is brilliant....to replace KK and Glenn and still rock as hard as they did is amazing. Ian Hill is a GOD among bass players. Scott Travis is pure thunder.

And if you've never did the nasty to Victim of Changes....oh my.....

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What is everyone's cologne/perfume game like?

I never wore cologne until I got older and had more financial stability, but now I'd feel naked if I went outside without one. I went to Macy's looking for something suitable for spring/summer since it's going to get warmer, but didn't find anything I particularly loved. Ordered some samples on a decanter site to get an opportunity to wear things before committing to a full bottle.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Et

I never wore cologne until I got older and had more financial stability, but now I'd feel naked if I went outside without one. I went to Macy's looking for something suitable for spring/summer since it's going to get warmer, but didn't find anything I particularly loved. Ordered some samples on a decanter site to get an opportunity to wear things before committing to a full bottle.
Eternity

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
1711358607035.jpeg

1711358636045.jpeg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My brother was at Cannon on Saturday, solo, and based on his texts at how good it was I couldn’t sit out. Chelsea pushed me to go for it too. Booked a room for my brother and I and started driving up to Bethlehem at 7. Got there after midnight. A truly miserable and terrifying drive with that storm.

Skiing was unreal on Sunday. Knee deep powder in places. It was like floating across the clouds all day. I took one really hard fall coming out of the trees and all I felt was the cold fluffy snow pouring into my jacket. I wear a helmet too.

I think that was also the last dance for my favorite pair of skis. Almost 25 years of service. I think I’m going to pull the bindings off, clean the skis up and wall Mount them.

Attachments

• IMG_9690.jpeg
    IMG_9690.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: BMC

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
My brother was at Cannon on Saturday, solo, and based on his texts at how good it was I couldn’t sit out. Chelsea pushed me to go for it too. Booked a room for my brother and I and started driving up to Bethlehem at 7. Got there after midnight. A truly miserable and terrifying drive with that storm.

Skiing was unreal on Sunday. Knee deep powder in places. It was like floating across the clouds all day. I took one really hard fall coming out of the trees and all I felt was the cold fluffy snow pouring into my jacket. I wear a helmet too.

I think that was also the last dance for my favorite pair of skis. Almost 25 years of service. I think I’m going to pull the bindings off, clean the skis up and wall Mount them.
Awesome! I heard Cannon sold out at 9am.

We went to Magic Mountain on Sunday. It's my favorite mountain on the Indy Pass and overall #2 behind Mad River. They have had a bad year but yesterday was amazing. Crowds cleared out around noon and we had so many trails to ourselves. Got to try some terrain I would have avoided if it was ice moguls. For only 1500 ft vertical that place holds its own.

I am probably a sucker for punishment but the older I get, the more blasting down groomed blacks gets boring. Moguls on the other hand humble me haha and make we want to get better. The runs took 5x longer yesterday but it requires so much more thinking. Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 4

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Awesome! I heard Cannon sold out at 9am.

We went to Magic Mountain on Sunday. It's my favorite mountain on the Indy Pass and overall #2 behind Mad River. They have had a bad year but yesterday was amazing. Crowds cleared out around noon and we had so many trails to ourselves. Got to try some terrain I would have avoided if it was ice moguls. For only 1500 ft vertical that place holds its own.

I am probably a sucker for punishment but the older I get, the more blasting down groomed blacks gets boring. Moguls on the other hand humble me haha and make we want to get better. The runs took 5x longer yesterday but it requires so much more thinking. Love it.
We were at Bretton Woods yesterday. Longest wait was maybe 3 minutes, maybe. Cannon was busy on Saturday but nothing crazy from what my brother was telling me. The first few hours of Sunday was crazy in the trees, but in the best way. Everybody was yelling and laughing, just people crossing all over the runs all at the same time, powder flying everywhere. A very unique day. I can only remember one other sky day in my life that was remotely comparable

Funny you mention being a sucker for punishment. We started a little after 10am, went until 345, did 15 runs yesterday and I definitely took my time to make more turns. A lot of it might have been a product of the conditions, but I found myself seeking out little mini chutes through all the bumps. Way more jump turns yesterday than I have ever made in my life.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i actually dont wear cologne. just use some body wash in the shower and then old spice sandlewood stick under the pits.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
We were at Bretton Woods yesterday. Longest wait was maybe 3 minutes, maybe. Cannon was busy on Saturday but nothing crazy from what my brother was telling me. The first few hours of Sunday was crazy in the trees, but in the best way. Everybody was yelling and laughing, just people crossing all over the runs all at the same time, powder flying everywhere. A very unique day. I can only remember one other sky day in my life that was remotely comparable

Funny you mention being a sucker for punishment. We started a little after 10am, went until 345, did 15 runs yesterday and I definitely took my time to make more turns. A lot of it might have been a product of the conditions, but I found myself seeking out little mini chutes through all the bumps. Way more jump turns yesterday than I have ever made in my life.

Agreed! I too need new boots/skis. I have had my skis since 2005 and boots since 2019. The jump turns confirmed my boots are too big and too much flex as my feet were moving all around.

I have my eye on these:

The guy who started the company grew up near me in VT and there is a very loyal fan base here, just waiting on the summer sale. Adding almost 30mm in width will help on days like yesterday.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Agreed! I too need new boots/skis. I have had my skis since 2005 and boots since 2019. The jump turns confirmed my boots are too big and too much flex as my feet were moving all around.

I have my eye on these:

The guy who started the company grew up near me in VT and there is a very loyal fan base here, just waiting on the summer sale. Adding almost 30mm in width will help on days like yesterday.
Yeah, I was sinking everywhere. Made a traverse or two because Bretton Woods decided to open a ton of terrain but close both lifts that service that side of the mountain. I'm still angry about it. Jealous of all the guys with their fancy powder skis. It just never made sense to have something like that when 90 percent of my ski trips are done when conditions are, to put it nicely, hard and fast

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Is it me or are things on this site taking forever to load?
Well i just came to this thread to post the same thing. Started being slow as balls for me yesterday afternoon but it improved later last night but now it's slow again.

Yesterday I posted something and it showed on my screen that I posted it but intead of saying 'a moment ago' it said 'in a moment' :laugh:

Yesterday I posted something and it showed on my screen that I posted it but intead of saying 'a moment ago' it said 'in a moment' :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad