Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
i admittedly gave up hope on this guy, mostly due to all the injuries he has picked up over his short career, but he's exactly the type of bottom 6 player i've always wanted on the Habs. a guy who can throw his weight around, and snipe.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
What a bright spot he is becoming after a lackluster preseason. If he keeps this up he will be pushing our top 6.
He looks like the player we saw in his first pre-season with the habs. Such a great shot and release.

The way he skated through the neutral zone on the wing, with that shot, was so Pacioretty-esque.

Doesn't have patches' offensive ability, but a strong, fast N-S winger with a shot like that should make for a very solid bottom 6 player.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I'd rather Heineman take Armia's spot.
It may happen but maybe not right away. Don’t forget, he gets different opportunities on the 4th. Just putting him on the 2nd doesn’t always mean he’ll produce. If he can adjust, I think he’d be good there. That line certainly needs a shooter. I like Armia’s board game, but he’s not known for being a shooter. They really need that line to get going.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It may happen but maybe not right away. Don’t forget, he gets different opportunities on the 4th. Just putting him on the 2nd doesn’t always mean he’ll produce. If he can adjust, I think he’d be good there. That line certainly needs a shooter. I like Armia’s board game, but he’s not known for being a shooter. They really need that line to get going.

Not to produce but just because the speed and shoot first mentality will help.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Not to produce but just because the speed and shoot first mentality will help.
I get it but that doesn’t always work. He might gel with them, he may not. Talented rookies have been put on top lines before and they don’t always produce. I do think it’s worth a shot though. Anderson too. He’s been playing hard. Heineman might have more hockey sense though. Anderson is still a bull in a china shop.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I get it but that doesn’t always work. He might gel with them, he may not. Talented rookies have been put on top lines before and they don’t always produce. I do think it’s worth a shot though. Anderson too. He’s been playing hard. Heineman might have more hockey sense though. Anderson is still a bull in a china shop.

A lot doesn't work but it's worth the try.. Armia hasn't added any value to the line

Reactions: Paddy17

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
he seems way stronger this year
He's playing his game now. Last year, he was playing timid when he got a few games, and he was also off due to injuries. He appeared slower than when he fist arrived in Laval the year before. Perhaps he put on too much weight... I don't know. All I'm sure of, is that we're seeing the real Emil Heineman play this year.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
Try him with the Dacher. Get Armia the f*** out of there.
Dach must be extremely frustrated to play with bad players on his line. I would take down Caufield to play with him or Slaf with Heineman at least. Newhook ive said it the day they acquired him that it was a waste of 2 high picks. With some chance we couldve drafted a guy like Hintz at the end of the 1st round and in the 2nd round a solid D or top 6 FWD (with lower % chances)

Dach is too good for armia and newhook, its like hes playing alone right now and we saw a bit of frustration yesterday when he laid big hits

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Dach must be extremely frustrated to play with bad players on his line. I would take down Caufield to play with him or Slaf with Heineman at least. Newhook ive said it the day they acquired him that it was a waste of 2 high picks. With some chance we couldve drafted a guy like Hintz at the end of the 1st round and in the 2nd round a solid D or top 6 FWD (with lower % chances)

Dach is too good for armia and newhook, its like hes playing alone right now and we saw a bit of frustration yesterday when he laid big hits
Dach shouldn't be frustrated right now when his timing is so off that it is contributing to the ineffectiveness of his line.

He hasn't played hockey in a year, so it's normal, but right now he isnt playing well.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
A lot doesn't work but it's worth the try.. Armia hasn't added any value to the line
I'd give it more time before starting to tinker with the young guys. If you yo-yo a guy up and down the lineup or even between AHL and NHL it can really play havoc with their confidence. If we are going to promote Heineman then there has to be that commitment that we are going to stick with the promotion for at least 10-20 games. And I'm not sure we want to commit to that just yet, let Heineman continue to show that he's got "it", give Dach some time to find his footing, and circle back on a Heineman promotion in a few weeks.

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
Dach shouldn't be frustrated right now when his timing is so off that it is contributing to the ineffectiveness of his line.

He hasn't played hockey in a year, so it's normal, but right now he isnt playing well.
You should watch the games carefully. Newhook and Armia are killing the offense Dach is trying to generate. Even if he msised a full year, he needs players with his hockey IQ and not grinders. Newhook wouldnt be in the NHL if it wasn't of his skating. He brings absolutely nothing to a trio

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You should watch the games carefully. Newhook and Armia are killing the offense Dach is trying to generate. Even if he msised a full year, he needs players with his hockey IQ and not grinders. Newhook wouldnt be in the NHL if it wasn't of his skating. He brings absolutely nothing to a trio
I didn't know it's Armia and Newhook causing Dach to turn over the puck constantly, even on the PP unit where Armia and Newhook aren't part of.

I'm bullish on Dach, but he's been not good. He's constantly forcing passes, a step behind, and gassed. It's normal, he hasnt played in a year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I agree that Dach needs much better players than Armia and Newhook. Let's be honest...Newhook is not a top 6 forward...at best he is a solid 3rd liner

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I agree that Dach needs much better players than Armia and Newhook. Let's be honest...Newhook is not a top 6 forward...at best he is a solid 3rd liner
Newhook has been the best player on that 2nd line if we keepin' it a buck though!

Reactions: Andy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd start by trying Kapanen there.

I'm no Anderson fan, but Newhook - Dach - Anderson would be incredibly fast. Just their speed alone may make them a threat.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad