SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
I can absolutely see the fronts wanting Allard if the price isn’t too steep. After missing out on Wakely they may want another good centre and Allard could be looking to redeem himself in his OA season after slowing down in the second part of last season.

Bingo. Things stay quiet lots of times regarding trades etc would make perfect sense. No point in another musty or even Barlow situation

I’ve been hearing Kingstons name involved with the Soo since the off season in some capacity..

Bingo. Things stay quiet lots of times regarding trades etc would make perfect sense. No point in another musty or even Barlow situation

Soo has been aware of Allard not being happy and wanting out since last season. I’ve heard there’s a serious effort from within to cap all negativity surrounding the team including the failed draft, etc.. hence why we don’t have questions asked about it in the Sault Star, etc…. No real pressure

I’m sure they’d like to hold him until deadline….somehow

Reactions: frontsfan67

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
nice to see the boys reel off 3 wins in the last 4 games. other than the windsor game where they easily outplayed us, every other game was winnable. First game against Saginaw, we start charlie i feel we win that game. up in the 3rd against sudbury and fall apart. the sarnia game was close and could have went either way.

nice to see them not mailing it in and giving it everything each game.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Charlie has been a great stabilizing force, and I can't imagine the sh..show we'd be in if he had been moved already. And to think there was people who already thought miller was ready for starting duties LAST YEAR! The grass always seems to be greener with goaltending... he's the first guy to get blamed and his backup playing sheltered minutes can be anointed a saviour without any rational thought about the consequences.

Certain posters have made an HF career out of throwing our starter under the bus, always eager to throw the backup to the wolves. I'm glad they don't run the team, we'd be up Schitt's creek right about now!

Martin/Hayes look great. I suspect we will need to see more from our depth guys in order to keep winning hockey games but for now our "vets" are as dominant as you could ask this early in the season.

Still on Allard watch... I guess the org. is just going to pretend he hasn't been sent back to junior and hope none of us noticed? ;)

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
hence why we don’t have questions asked about it in the Sault Star, etc…. No real pressure

If only we could see a one-time only return of "Tuesdays with Montague"... I'm sure old Bill would have something to say about the last few months in Hound Town.

Brad Coch seems far too cozy with the organization to ever ask any tough questions about anything and that's unfortunate. Accountability is lost under the current parachute regime.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Charlie has been a great stabilizing force, and I can't imagine the sh..show we'd be in if he had been moved already. And to think there was people who already thought miller was ready for starting duties LAST YEAR! The grass always seems to be greener with goaltending... he's the first guy to get blamed and his backup playing sheltered minutes can be anointed a saviour without any rational thought about the consequences.

Certain posters have made an HF career out of throwing our starter under the bus, always eager to throw the backup to the wolves. I'm glad they don't run the team, we'd be up Schitt's creek right about now!

Martin/Hayes look great. I suspect we will need to see more from our depth guys in order to keep winning hockey games but for now our "vets" are as dominant as you could ask this early in the season.

Still on Allard watch... I guess the org. is just going to pretend he hasn't been sent back to junior and hope none of us noticed? ;)
For real. In a year that you know you're rebuilding, you absolutely need a stud goalie to at least keep the scores close. Getting blown out 7-0 every game is too much to much to handle for a team of youngsters.

If nordh doesn't report, and it looks like he won't, Maybe we try to get the import goalie to come over?

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Noel Nordh has played 2 games, is pointless and a -1. I think they have up to 9 games with him before they have to make a decision so there's always a chance right?

It will be interesting to see how our roster evolves by January.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Noel Nordh has played 2 games, is pointless and a -1. I think they have up to 9 games with him before they have to make a decision so there's always a chance right?

It will be interesting to see how our roster evolves by January.
tbh i'm not sure about ahl and the number of games...i know that they can only play 9 games in the N, but not sure about the A....

didn't bloom play half the season before coming back to the O? i can't remember lol

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
tbh i'm not sure about ahl and the number of games...i know that they can only play 9 games in the N, but not sure about the A....

didn't bloom play half the season before coming back to the O? i can't remember lol

Nordh is also an European player and likely has something different in his contract? I don’t know

I think the most likely situation is that Allard is awaiting a trade to another OHL team. I’m sure Utah won’t be happy with him not playing hockey at all..

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I think the most likely situation is that Allard is awaiting a trade to another OHL team. I’m sure Utah won’t be happy with him not playing hockey at all..

Then Utah should tell him to suck it up and report imo.

As far as I'm concerned he's choosing not to play hockey if he's sitting at home. And we can't afford to trade him for pennies on the dollar just because he's feeling entitled.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Then Utah should tell him to suck it up and report imo.

As far as I'm concerned he's choosing not to play hockey if he's sitting at home. And we can't afford to trade him for pennies on the dollar just because he's feeling entitled.
agree 100%, but so many people here are all about not pi****g off the NHL teams...man we have to worry about our team. oh well, Utah won't draft any of our kids anymore...well they already messed up Hayton and Lutz so who cares lol?

too many babies nowadays.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
it's a weird sense of entitlement that the OHL (and CHL) has fomented by letting kids/parents/agents manipulate the draft and where they play season to season. if Utah or any other franchise expects us to kiss the ring while getting taken to the woodshed in trades by the Hunters et al, they can kick rocks as far as i'm concerned. there is no OHL or CHL without league parity, and nowhere for most of the players to play if there's only 4 teams.

and once a kid shows that kind of selfishness, it tends to re-appear throughout their professional career. they end up being the kid that plays for 4 franchises in 4 years, never meets expectations, and blames everyone else under the sun that their career fizzles out - coaches, GM's, etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad