Polish-20241013-093506587.jpg

I give you Emil Heinemoose :

Polish-20241013-000347124.jpg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyone missing Ylonen?
Pezz may get into some games but not if Heine and Kappy continue to play like that.
I've said all along I prefer Evans as a 3 and Dvorak as a four and it looks like it's going to work out that way.

For all of the summer whining about needing to get rid of Evans as a 4C for an 'upgrade' (as if there are many of those); Evans has been an absolute stud in his role to start the year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
For all of the summer whining about needing to get rid of Evans as a 4C for an 'upgrade' (as if there are many of those); Evans has been an absolute stud in his role to start the year.
I'm consistent with my stance Evans SUCKED when he played the 4th line role the facts are there for all to see in black and white...
he just did.
I'm not sure if it was a head thing where he felt he was being miscast but his best performances have always been higher up the ladder.
If he goes it will be because he won't embrace a fourth line role but we still don't have a 3C to displace him yet they are coming fast though.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
These people are so silly I swear. Evans is elite at what he does and is extremely affordable. If he wouldn't get miscast because he happened to be one of our few competent players it would be even more obvious.

There's not that many players better with his defensive starts and PK usage. And if there are, they cost a lot more.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
These people are so silly I swear. Evans is elite at what he does and is extremely affordable. If he wouldn't get miscast because he happened to be one of our few competent players it would be even more obvious.

There's not that many players better with his defensive starts and PK usage. And if there are, they cost a lot more.
He seems very popular on the team, plays solid hockey and doesn't break the bank. With so many young players knocking on the door do you sign him to an extension or he is on his way out? The only Hab to make it out of the 2014 draft was the 7th rounder.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well he didn't end last season as a 4C and he certainly wasn't going to start this season as a 4C.
I mean I get it in in the sense that there is a heck of a lot of depth coming quickly but the lowest hanging fruit was always going to be Dvorak.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
He seems very popular on the team, plays solid hockey and doesn't break the bank. With so many young players knocking on the door do you sign him to an extension or he is on his way out? The only Hab to make it out of the 2014 draft was the 7th rounder.
If management is serious about next year being the step ahead to make the playoffs, players like him - and Savard - kinda have to be kept yeah. Beck might become an Evans type with better shot eventually, but he'll be a rookie with next to no experience in the role.

I'm also traumatized by how Bergevin approached signing veterans, but those are the perfect guys to keep for a while longer.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
If Bergy was still here Emil would be signed to a 6 yr 42 million dollar contract extension after his game last night

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I think Heineman has played well so far this season and is a perfect bottom-six forward that could potentially cover a second line role short-term should an injury occur. A fast, good skating two-way guy that likes to hit, and hits well. With size. Yes, please.

Reactions: jrom and Habsfan18

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I'm consistent with my stance Evans SUCKED when he played the 4th line role the facts are there for all to see in black and white...
he just did.
I'm not sure if it was a head thing where he felt he was being miscast but his best performances have always been higher up the ladder.
If he goes it will be because he won't embrace a fourth line role but we still don't have a 3C to displace him yet they are coming fast though.
Yeah… I’m not a Evans fan typically because pk sucks and he has little offense production lifetime, but with Dach at a 12% face offs at least Evans can take d-zone starts. When someone steals his spot I imagine it’ll be someone with at least one top tier nhl trick above Evan’s all-around skills, be it size, shot, whatever.

As for Emil, just give Hutson the puck and go to the slot my dude, it works.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Evans wont be affordable next year and he'll be 29. It is my opinion that at the TDL it will be the time to move on from Evans. Newhook is imo better at center than on the wing. Kapanen is a good center.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Heineman-Newhook-Gallagher
Pazetta-Kapanen-Anderson
Beck
Roy
Mesar
Tuch
Davidson
Xhekaj

There really is no reason to extend Evans imo

Reactions: Habs13

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Evans wont be affordable next year and he'll be 29. It is my opinion that at the TDL it will be the time to move on from Evans. Newhook is imo better at center than on the wing. Kapanen is a good center.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Pazetta-Kapanen-Anderson
Beck
Roy
Mesar
Tuch
Davidson
Xhekaj

I would add, contender team have their 4th line paid less than 1 millions/aav. I mean, we should take note of this. Pay 3 millions/year for Evans isnt make the team better. I prefer to see guys like Kapanen/Heineman and get a shot in the NHL instead. Each penny are valuable in cap era, then I wouldn’t overpay my 4th line player. Or if you want to sign him. It’s nOt more than 1 or 2 years. I hate to see bottom line guys paid for 4/5 years

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Pazetta-Kapanen-Anderson
Beck
Roy
Mesar
Tuch
Davidson
Xhekaj

Depends if he's willing to take a payout which I could see. I'd give him 3-4 years at 2.5M but that'd be max. Ideally a small increase at 2M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad