Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Much agreed. Our bottom 6 has been an island of misfit toys for years. Nobody is going to remember any of these guys years down the road, but contenders and champions have bottom 6s full of role players that even if unspectacular, are memorable for what they bring. Heineman has those tools for sure.
Exactly what I’ve been saying. During the rebuild, I can understand why they didn’t focus on building a solid 4th line, but now that they’re coming out of it, I think that definitely needs to be focused on. I laugh because some posters just throw guys on the 4th who have no business playing there. You have to build a 4th line to contend. Not just throw RHP or Ylonen there.

Reactions: Tyson

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Much agreed. Our bottom 6 has been an island of misfit toys for years. Nobody is going to remember any of these guys years down the road, but contenders and champions have bottom 6s full of role players that even if unspectacular, are memorable for what they bring. Heineman has those tools for sure.
If he has good camp lock to make team. We have to protect him.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Exactly what I’ve been saying. During the rebuild, I can understand why they didn’t focus on building a solid 4th line, but now that they’re coming out of it, I think that definitely needs to be focused on. I laugh because some posters just throw guys on the 4th who have no business playing there. You have to build a 4th line to contend. Not just throw RHP or Ylonen there.
RHP and Ylonen were there because there was no one else, management decision not posters. :sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good news on the Horizon.
Injuries up front will have us calling up guys like Tuch Beck and Flojack instead of guys like Stevens Condotta and Gignac.
I could see a couple of them playing their way on to the team full time sooner than some may think.
There is still a pile of turd to be disposed of and Hughes will dump some of it fairly quickly if Marty asks for it.

Reactions: Andy

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Good news on the Horizon.
Injuries up front will have us calling up guys like Tuch Beck and Flojack instead of guys like Stevens Condotta and Gignac.
I could see a couple of them playing their way on to the team full time sooner than some may think.
There is still a pile of turd to be disposed of and Hughes will dump some of it fairly quickly if Marty asks for it.
Call me crazy, but I’d rather they not have to call up a bunch of guys this year. Laval has a legit shot to get a comfortable playoff spot and I’d like to see that happen.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
A 4th line can't be built until we are done with Anderson and Gallagher. Those 2 guys will be our 4th line soon and for another 2 to 3 years. And frankly as long as we can afford it it's not a terrible 4th line.

If Laine works let's say 30 goals and 50 points and accept to extend for something more reasonable our lines could be very soon :

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Demidov-Dach-Laine
Newhook-Beck-Roy (Heineman-Newhook-Roy, Mesar-Newhook-Roy, Tuch-Newhook-Roy, ...)
Anderson-???-Gallagher

Last edited:

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
A 4th line can't be built until we are done with Anderson and Gallagher. Those 2 guys will be our 4th line soon and for another 2 to 3 years.
I am not sure what will be the forth line but I would like the 3rd line to be centered by Newhook. We could very well end up with a fourth line of Anderson, Dvorak and Gallagher. It would likely be the most expensive 4th line in the NHL.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Damn, I had forgotten about Heinemen.

Wonder if he's 15th, 18th, 21st, etc. on the depth chart.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Call me crazy, but I’d rather they not have to call up a bunch of guys this year. Laval has a legit shot to get a comfortable playoff spot and I’d like to see that happen.
I have no issues calling one of them up if needed. We have enough depth in Laval to survive a call up.
I also prefer to have the guys who are going to be doing the heavy lifting down the road getting experience here asap.
Not to mention Laval would have made the post season last year if we had provided them with a decent veteran goaltender at the outset.
I have no worries for Laval.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
No improvement. Should look like a man amongs boys but dont.

Pass
Not sure I agree there. Not much happened on the line but he moves and shoves guys like he’s really physically mature. Can’t be worse than every winger on the dogshit bottom 6 habs have been icing. I like how he moves; hoping he gets gets his nose in the play more today.

literally the only forward that looked like an nhler to me yesterday, that big 3rd line included (though the potential is interesting)..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Make or break camp for him. But I hope they carry him as 13th forward. No doubt going to lose him if not protected.

it's not make or break, he missed a lot of time to injury, he had some struggles last year with consistency, he can go to the AHL and work on things and see what happens. It's not like he's going anywhere and he plays a north south game that will likely get him some more looks beyond this upcoming season.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
it's not make or break, he missed a lot of time to injury, he had some struggles last year with consistency, he can go to the AHL and work on things and see what happens. It's not like he's going anywhere and he plays a north south game that will likely get him some more looks beyond this upcoming season.
We have to protect him though. Good chance he be claimed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I never watched the games but not what I wanted to hear. Really hoping he has good camp. If he fails means we got nothing for Toffoli. A 35 goal scorer with grit
North South player that has to play a heavy game. Finish his checks, go to the dirty areas and also use that lethal shot. He has played 59 total AHL games, not even a full season of hockey in NA.
He is also one of the strongest players on his skates within the organization. He doesn't get moved easily.

We have to protect him though. Good chance he be claimed.
According to Puck Pedia he is waiver exempt this season.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I thought Heineman was okay in general. I wish he drove the net more in game one when he had the opportunities.
There are definitely players who stood out for me and need a much deeper look with NHL caliber talent.
Heineman was one of them I'd like to see if he can elevate his game in main camp.
With only six pre-season games he won't have many chances to prove himself.
He at least will be able to keep pace.

Reactions: Trabdy2 and Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I thought Heineman was okay in general. I wish he drove the net more in game one when he had the opportunities.
There are definitely players who stood out for me and need a much deeper look with NHL caliber talent.
Heineman was one of them I'd like to see if he can elevate his game in main camp.
With only six pre-season games he won't have many chances to prove himself.
He at least will be able to keep pace.

Who's spot is he going to take out of camp?

Caulfield Suzuki Slaf
Laine Dach Newhook
Roy Dvorak Armia
Gallagher Evan's Anderson
Pez

I think it would be better for him to play big minutes in Laval than be 13th or 14th forward. There will probably be injuries, and then he'll get his call up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Who's spot is he going to take out of camp?

Caulfield Suzuki Slaf
Laine Dach Newhook
Roy Dvorak Armia
Gallagher Evan's Anderson
Pez

I think it would be better for him to play big minutes in Laval than be 13th or 14th forward. There will probably be injuries, and then he'll get his call up.
I want kids pushing players out that is the purpose of rebuilding.
They don't sound like there are no spots available they sound like they want the kids to push them to make hard decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad