Who do you take ? (INCLUDING CONTRACTS)

• Elias Pettersson from Vancouver

• Tim Stützle from Ottawa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
While that's true, it's not like he was far off prior to doing it.

66 in 71.
66 in 68.
21 in 26.

I think if he gets his head right, he can be a perennial 100+ point player.

Okay. My point being that generally players don’t peak offensively before 300gp. It holds true for so many other players. Mackinnon, Matthews, Draisital being some other examples. They had big increases in production during their 5th season. I’m still unclear about what you think Stutzle’s level is if you feel that Pettersson will still score at that level even in a down year.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think the poster is suggesting that Pettersson has been better when comparing years straight up rather than at similar developments, so would take the more proven player. Ie, Stutzle might have the potential to surpass him but he’d take Pettersson until proven otherwise.

That said, the difference in their D+3 seasons is exaggerated by the Covid shutdown and league scoring rising. Both finished 20th in league scoring and Stutzle was only 6 point ahead in adjusted numbers (85 to 79).

Although Pettersson is pissing me off to the point where I’d probably make this trade easily at this point.

Yeah I understand what he meant but is it factually true though?

He said : "Petterson has been better than Stützle at pretty much every steps IMO"

For those who know me and understand me, I am heavily fact driven so that's what popped for me right away :

TS D+1 : 29 pts in 53 GP
TS D+2 : 58 pts in 79 GP
TS D+3 : 90 pts in 78 GP
TS D+4 : 70 pts in 75 GP

TS D+5 : 6 pts in 4 GP (season underway)

EP D+1 : Sweden
EP D+2 : 66 pts in 71 GP
EP D+3 : 66 pts in 68 GP
EP D+4 : 21 pts in 26 GP
EP D+5 : 68 pts in 80 GP

I do think Stutzle is going to beat 68 pts in 80 GP this season, if he stays relatively healthy

Stutzle D+3 seasons wasn't the Covid shortened season. TS D+3 scoring was 3.18 goals per team per game, in EP's D+3, it was 3.02 per team per game, not a whooping difference.

That's great but I think the question is who would you rather have going forward and for me it's EP40 even with the contract and I like Stutzle but he has to actually do that and I'm not sure that he ever will.

Do what? Produce better pretty much all the way?

Sure, Stutzle is not guaranteed to reach Pettersson's best season in his D+6 but we'll see in 2025-26 as it will be Stutzle D+6

As of now, he is still 22 and developing

Hey brother you aren’t being sincere.

Both are great players and can definitely be compared , but let’s stay honest for our own good and the sake of a real argument

I suggest you read my 2 posts above. "Sincerity" for me comes from facts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad