Elias Pettersson vs Tim Stützle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you take ? (INCLUDING CONTRACTS)

• Elias Pettersson from Vancouver

• Tim Stützle from Ottawa

Results are only viewable after voting.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Petey is better right now but Stutzle has shown he can be a legit #1 center

I'd say the difference is that Petey is in a more stable environment with better players around him.

Stutzle is in a shit show on the Sens and has never had a stable coach really

I think its closer than people think.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Petey seems to be a head case, GM/coach hating his performance saying he's not injured. Despite of weaker season, gimme Stutz. Petey has had bad seasons as well.
Pettersson was playing through a knee injury almost the entirety of the last season, of course the coach isn’t going to admit that during the playoffs :laugh:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Like in a dive off?

200.webp

either way I'll take the Stutzmeister

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Pettersson was playing through a knee injury almost the entirety of the last season, of course the coach isn’t going to admit that during the playoffs :laugh:
Stutzle played with a wrist injury from game 4 on, and had a shoulder/ neck injury as well.
That’s why his goals dropped but assists increased, couldn’t shoot.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Stutzle played with a wrist injury from game 4 on, and had a shoulder/ neck injury as well.
That’s why his goals dropped but assists increased, couldn’t shoot.
Wasn’t meant as a way to compare, it was response to Petey being a head case and the reasoning behind not disclosing his injury.

I like Stutzle, he’s going to be a stud

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It absolutely does. Last year at this time taking Stutzle over Matthews was the consensus on HF.
That was Stutzle + 5 million in cap, after a 90 point season, to keep it in perspective.
It wasn’t Stutzle vs Matthews straight up.
Head to head no cap, Matthew’s won.

Reactions: Xspyrit

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
I will take a healthy Stützle over Pettersson, he has the higher ceiling, is younger and the more spectacular player imo.
But it's about damn time that he figures out how to stay on his feet and how to use his body.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It absolutely does. Last year at this time taking Stutzle over Matthews was the consensus on HF.

Nobody except one Devils fan took Stutzle over Matthews. It was Stutzle PLUS a 5.0 of cap space (which is extremely valuable in the league today)

It's just that we're in 2024 and a lot of people have a pea for a brain. Let's be real.

I will take a healthy Stützle over Pettersson, he has the higher ceiling, is younger and the more spectacular player imo.
But it's about damn time that he figures out how to stay on his feet and how to use his body.

I hope he worked damn hard on his core strength so that he could improve his balance. People complain about "diving for penalties" but if he could keep his balance everytime he is tripped, it would be a lot more beneficial for his team and his personal stats.

It's also normal, he was 21 y/o last season and the NHL is pretty damn physical, need to develop that man strength.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's definitely a fair question.

They've both got some different things going for/against them. They're also both kind of frustratingly inconsistent.

The way i look at it, Pettersson has the higher "ceiling"...but when he's not dialed in, he's immensely irritating to watch, because you know he's capable of so much more. He's also much slower and weaker and has to rely far more on the right situations. In a funk, he's...bash your head against a wall annoying to watch. Just floats and goofs off and it's awful.

Stutzle even when he's not really dialed in, still has speed and that sort of stuff going for him. Even when he's not producing, it at least "seems" like he's move active. Not really that valuable when it doesn't amount to anything, and even at his best, he's just got less pure creativity and upside as an all-around play driver. He's also a bit of a turd when it comes to diving, which isn't great...but Petey legit falls over all the time for absolutely no reason too. It's not diving, it's just...he suck at staying on his feet because he's spindly and weak...and that's unlikely to ever completely change. He's just not built for it...whereas Stutzle is at least a pretty powerful, explosive guy, who is actually better at staying on his feet than he lets on probably.

So i want to lean Pettersson on "ceiling". But i'm not really sure...contracts included, there's a decent gulf between the two that makes me really question and go back and forth.

Reactions: Coffees

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I think we're going to find out if the nagging injury Tim played through last year was significant. On the ice it certainly looked that way because he almost seemed like he couldn't shoot the puck.

As of now give me EP40, but agreed with others saying it's a conversation to have at the end of the year given the question marks going into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad