Value of: Elias Lindholm to Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
95% sure that's the guy that told me Mangiapane was more valuable than Fiala after the 21-22 season.

Yeah he was. Then he called Fiala a 2nd liner because one good offensive season doesn't make him a first liner. I hope you appreciate the irony of that like I do given some of the discussions in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Because Calgary fans like what it means for them if we do.

It's like when people told us we'd get a 2nd and a mediocre prospect for Fiala because of the Buchnevich trade.
Oh my god, I have had that blocked out of my mind for almost a year.

It's amazing though. There are plenty of more recent trades to gauge Lindholm's value:

Fiala for 1st+prospect
Chychrun for 1st+2nd+2nd

Funny enough, Timo Meier could be a good example

Roster cap hit + mediocre prospect + mediocre prospect + good prospect + 1st + conditional 2nd + 7th

So, something like Foligno/Goligoski + Firstov + Beckman + Lambos + conditional 2nd* + 7th

*Wild make the WCF and pick turns into a 1st

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah he was. Then he called Fiala a 2nd liner because one good offensive season doesn't make him a first liner. I hope you appreciate the irony of that like I do given some of the discussions in this thread.
Actually it was just a good three months. Our GM said it and therefore it is fact :sarcasm:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Oh my god, I have had that blocked out of my mind for almost a year.

It's amazing though. There are plenty of more recent trades to gauge Lindholm's value:

Fiala for 1st+prospect
Chychrun for 1st+2nd+2nd

Funny enough, Timo Meier could be a good example

Roster cap hit + mediocre prospect + mediocre prospect + good prospect + 1st + conditional 2nd + 7th

So, something like Foligno/Goligoski + Firstov + Beckman + Lambos + conditional 2nd* + 7th

*Wild make the WCF and pick turns into a 1st
Bo Horvat?

Top 12 protected 1st in 2024, Calen Addison, Liam Ohgren/Danila Yurov?

Problem is Minnesota doesn't have a Anthony Beauvillier on the roster.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’d definitely want more than that. Pretty underwhelming.

For Lindholm he would be

Yea I don't know how the hell people care about prospects etc when it comes to speaking about a big hole that the franchise has had. If you can get Elias Lindholm, damn near everything in Minnesota's organization should be made available if he indicates he would be willing to extend.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Is that actually true or is that what Wild fans said to cope with losing Fiala?
I can't find the article, but I do know that the Wild valued Faber as a 1st round pick.

They had him list as the 25th best prospect in the NHL as well.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yea I don't know how the hell people care about prospects etc when it comes to speaking about a big hole that the franchise has had. If you can get Elias Lindholm, damn near everything in Minnesota's organization should be made available if he indicates he would be willing to extend.
Just because there's a hole doesn't mean you overpay to fill it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Stanley Cup winning Vegas Golden Knights might disagree there.

Do we agree that the Minnesota Wild aren't the Vegas Golden Knights and Elias Lindholm isn't Jack Eichel or are we gonna be obtuse about this?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
"Mark Stone didn't return that."
"And everyone knows Ottawa got bent over!"

When was the last time someone with 1 year or less to UFA got more than two 1sts?

Karlsson? Who was one of the top 5 players at his position in the entire sport, if not the top defenseman?

Timo Meier would be a good comparable but he had over a year left. And he got a 1st, a 2nd and the Devils 5th or 6th best prospect. Faber and Muhkamadullin are probably pretty close in terms of value.

I'd do Faber and a 1st if Lindholm was extended at 8M or around there. Rossi + a 1st + a 2nd is too steep unless the Wild don't see him being a top 6 center in the future. Lindholm is a very good player, but he's not Mark Stone and he's not Erik Karlsson. Expecting a return above what those guys got doesn't make sense.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lindholm should get a better return than Horvat as a base. How much better will depend on whoever actually trades for him. It is Conroy’s first trade if it happens though, so he could make a crappy one lol

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
"Mark Stone didn't return that."
"And everyone knows Ottawa got bent over!"

When was the last time someone with 1 year or less to UFA got more than two 1sts?

Karlsson? Who was one of the top 5 players at his position in the entire sport, if not the top defenseman?

Timo Meier would be a good comparable but he had over a year left. And he got a 1st, a 2nd and the Devils 5th or 6th best prospect. Faber and Muhkamadullin are probably pretty close in terms of value.

I'd do Faber and a 1st if Lindholm was extended at 8M or around there. Rossi + a 1st + a 2nd is too steep unless the Wild don't see him being a top 6 center in the future. Lindholm is a very good player, but he's not Mark Stone and he's not Erik Karlsson. Expecting a return above what those guys got doesn't make sense.

Andddddd your offer would be beat by a whole bunch of teams that understand value more than you. Horvat got the equivalent of that offer and he wasn't even re-signed and he isn't close to as good as Lindholm. Come onnn.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’d offer Rossi+21+2nd+Foligno or something for him. He’s going to be 29 this season; not trying to go bananas on a guy who could be declining in a few years.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Andddddd your offer would be beat by a whole bunch of teams that understand value more than you. Horvat got the equivalent of that offer and he wasn't even re-signed and he isn't close to as good as Lindholm. Come onnn.
Horvat isn't close to as good as Lindholm? What are you basing that off of?

Also, Faber is a more highly rated prospect than Raty is at this point. But I guess I don't understand value as well as you do.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Horvat isn't close to as good as Lindholm? What are you basing that off of?

Also, Faber is a more highly rated prospect than Raty is at this point. But I guess I don't understand value as well as you do.

Watching both play, horvat is average at best in his own end and is no where near the offensive player Lindholm is. One is a selke 1st line C the other a purely offensive 2nd line C. So ya, I'm basing it off of reality, you should try it.

I'll give you that, but Horvat also got a higher 1st than the Wild would be able to give up, that makes up for the value.

You don't seem to understand value as well as most if you think Faber and a low 1st would get an extended Lindholm,no.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Rossi+1st is pushing it. To add a 2nd and Foligno is just too much.

The only way this isn't true is if we knew right now that Rossi was a bust. Outside of that, Calgary wouldn't get a better prospect than him in return for Lindholm, especially with a 1st on top of it.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The only way this isn't true is if we knew right now that Rossi was a bust. Outside of that, Calgary wouldn't get a better prospect than him in return for Lindholm, especially with a 1st on top of it.
Which is probably why we shouldn’t do it. Just plug Rossi in at 1C for this season.

Check this out. Next summer we have Zucc (6), Fleury (3.5), Foligno (3.1), and Goligoski (2) coming off the books as basically cap dumps. With potential replacements in Khusnutdinov, Wallstedt, Walker/Milne, and Hunt/Lambos costing about $4M. That’s $10M theoretically opening up along with any sort of cap ceiling rise.

Next summer’s free agents:
-Matthews
-Aho
-Lindholm
-Nylander
-Scheifele

I’d love to take a swing at Matthews. We would only need to figure the cap out for a year.

Anyways, that’s enough daydreaming

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad