Value of: Elias Lindholm to Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
And yes, I would deal Faber and Rossi if it got me a shot at a Lindholm-EE combo

That's like if Bergereon's running partner was Kopitar.
Thank God hf people aren't gm of Minnesota whose not traded a top prospect and Madd it clear he will build through the draft.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Saying a guy who has played in 8 NHL games, that's right 8, is already an established top 4 NHL Dman is straight up lunacy, saying that a guy who had one career year is as good as a guy who has had several and even in a down year outscored said player is just plain wrong.

I get you love Faber, I really like him too, same with Eriksson, but if you have a chance to get a player like Lindholm and all you gotta give up is a mid 1st and a Dman who hasn't proven shit in the NHL (so far), you take it, every day of the week.

The same Eichel who is about to win the Conn Smythe?
Eriksson ek has been good for more than 1 years. He's been getting really good for multiple. He's been a complete stud abd is a total two way C. Career year? You don't watch Eriksson ek if you think this is a career year for him.

Again Lindholm is a free agent to be. MIN gm has made kt clear he's building through draft abd has not parted with any top prospects, or 1st for rentals. Dumba is literally not only being let go because of cap situation but because they see faber as next brodin and he will be full time top 4d next year

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Thank God hf people aren't gm of Minnesota whose not traded a top prospect and Madd it clear he will build through the draft.

The goal is to win.

A Lindholm (any deal if with an extension) and EE would make the Wild a royal pain in the ass to deal with

Just stop it with over valuing prospects. (He's a prospect after a dozen games still)

Wild make so much sense for Lindholm. Not all of the Columbus offers

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Eriksson ek has been good for more than 1 years. He's been getting really good for multiple. He's been a complete stud abd is a total two way C. Career year? You don't watch Eriksson ek if you think this is a career year for him.

Again Lindholm is a free agent to be. MIN gm has made kt clear he's building through draft abd has not parted with any top prospects, or 1st for rentals. Dumba is literally not only being let go because of cap situation but because they see faber as next brodin and he will be full time top 4d next year
He had more points last year than any year before, that's the definition of career year, why do I have to explain that.......

The deal was designed as Lindholm is willing to re-sign, that's not a rental, my god man, pay attention.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
The goal is to win.

A Lindholm (any deal if with an extension) and EE would make the Wild a royal pain in the ass to deal with

Just stop it with over valuing prospects. (He's a prospect after a dozen games still)

Wild make so much sense for Lindholm. Not all of the Columbus offers
It's been made clear by Russo who reports on wild they have zero intentions of making any big moves until they have kaprizov locked up on his next extensions and they aren't wrong. They intend to significantly pay kaprizov.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
He had more points last year than any year before, that's the definition of career year, why do I have to explain that.......

The deal was designed as Lindholm is willing to re-sign, that's not a rental, my god man, pay attention
Points aren't everything that tells a story about a player and who's.

Fiala got a 1st and faber who was considered a b prospect at that time with extended. Guess what? Lindholm isn't getting more than 1st and B prospect from someone extended. Besides Minnesota not having cap, one reason Fiala was let go was to significantly pay kaprizov and its been made clear they won't make any big moves until Kaprizov is locked up

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Points aren't everything that tells a story about a player and who's.

Fiala got a 1st and faber who was considered a b prospect at that time with extended. Guess what? Lindholm isn't getting more than 1st and B prospect from someone extended. Besides Minnesota not having cap, one reason Fiala was let go was to significantly pay kaprizov and its been made clear they won't make any big moves until Kaprizov is locked up
it's literally the definition of career year, I don't know how to explain this in terms you understand it's like your intentionally being clueless here....

The fact that you actually believe this is astonishing.

If the Wild had a chance to get Lindholm (extended) and all they had to give up is Faber and a 1st, they take it every day of the week.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
it's literally the definition of career year, I don't know how to explain this in terms you understand it's like your intentionally being clueless here....

The fact that you actually believe this is astonishing.

If the Wild had a chance to get Lindholm (extended) and all they had to give up is Faber and a 1st, they take it every day of the week.
According to you. Haha it's funny you think a gm who had a chance to get eichel and said no, or a gm whose never parted with a 1st, or stud prospect who will be Minnesota top 4d next year and made it clear he's building through draft will change his mind years in. Hf is funny sometimes

Do you know what, it's only casual people who think points tell everything about a player without factoring in their role , who they play with abd what's essentially asked of them by coaching staff

• Haha

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
According to you. Haha it's funny you think a gm who had a chance to get eichel and said no, or a gm whose never parted with a 1st, or stud prospect who will be Minnesota top 4d next year and made it clear he's building through draft will change his mind years in. Hf is funny sometimes

Do you know what, it's only casual people who think points tell everything about a player without factoring in their role , who they play with abd what's essentially asked of them by coaching staff
Ok cool, not going in circles with ya anymore, I can see that no level of logic or reality will change your mind. Have a nice day.

Reactions: djgriff and Grinner

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
He's not a prospect. He literally played on every Minnesota playoff game and taking over Minnesota topb4d. He's the reason Dumba is being let go. He was never a B prospect. No, people like yourself need to re-evaluate if you think MIN will give up a top 4d and key Piece in Minnesota trade of Fiala for free agent to be. Next Jobas Brodin also. Lol dude, only hf people have the most unrealistic ask and wish list..
The bias is on another level here… Minnesota only got that little because he was a pending FA. A 1st and a hometown kid is decent value for that. Calling someone who played less than 10 games and didn’t do anything special a top 4 D is hilarious. And yes he’s basically the definition of a B prospect.

Someone explain how Elias LIndholm, who had 64 points in 80 games last season playing o-zone heavy starts is a "number one center" while Joel Eriksson Ek who had 61 points in 78 games with some of the toughest lifting the league is something else.

Lindholm's a nice player but he's not a huge improvement worth sending away a legit young player like Faber.
Cherry picking one year but not mentioning that Lindholm was better literally every other season… interesting

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
this thread took an unexpected turn at Faber.

As a King fan I love Faber and think he will be very good, that said he should not be the main piece for Lindholm. Due to position and 200 foot game I value Lindholm over Fiala who cost LA Faber and a 1st.

I agree with the flames fan that said the teams do not make much sense. Minnesota has some great prospects, but they are at positions Calgary is deep at.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think Faber would be tough to give up. He’s the only RD prospect that will play NHL next year. I’m not sure the Wild can afford not to play Faber in the top 4 either. We’ve got Spurgeon and… Addison? There is zero RD depth. Dumba is gone. Klingberg is gone. We don’t have cap space to sign a FA RD.

Also, didn’t last page have like 8-9 dman on Calgary? Why is Faber a target if you have that many dmen?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think Faber would be tough to give up. He’s the only RD prospect that will play NHL next year. I’m not sure the Wild can afford not to play Faber in the top 4 either. We’ve got Spurgeon and… Addison? There is zero RD depth. Dumba is gone. Klingberg is gone. We don’t have cap space to sign a FA RD.

Also, didn’t last page have like 8-9 dman on Calgary? Why is Faber a target if you have that many dmen?
the bolded i completely agree with.

How about a gentleman by the name of Sean Durzi then? 3rd seems too low, 2nd seems to high.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dont think Minnesota with the buyouts are a viable option.

But for the sake of discussion, I’d ask for:

Rossi
2023 1st
2024 2nd

Just don’t see it happening with your cap issues. You wouldn’t be able to re-sign him.
Respectable request, and would probably be pretty heavily considered by people that aren't big Rossi fans here.

I also don't think re-signing him is an issue. Zucc + Foligno + Fleury are all coming off the books next summer.

Reactions: YP44

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
this thread took an unexpected turn at Faber.

As a King fan I love Faber and think he will be very good, that said he should not be the main piece for Lindholm. Due to position and 200 foot game I value Lindholm over Fiala who cost LA Faber and a 1st.

I agree with the flames fan that said the teams do not make much sense. Minnesota has some great prospects, but they are at positions Calgary is deep at.
It's actually not too surprising, given what happens in most MN threads on this board with one particular lunatic.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I like Lindholm as much as anyone here. He's been a 72 point per 82 game center since coming to Calgary. If you look at his production, his peaks of 78 and 82 lined up with Gaudreau putting up 99 and 115, as well as Tkachuk putting up 77 and 104, respectively. I think we all know who wasn't driving that level of production.

2023 1st + and a good but not elite prospect will do it. Throw in a 3rd for good measure. This isn't Eichel we're talking about here.

You can argue value of some of these guys all you want, but if we're being honest with ourselves, Guerin isn't trading Wallstedt or Faber for him. It has nothing to do with them being worth more or whatever you wanna claim. They're his guys and a massive part of the future he is building here. He's not trading them.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ledge And Dairy

Eriksson Ek is one of the most underrated players in the league. I absolutely think he's a 2 way beast. He's like Backlund and Danault. Saying Lindholm is good defensively doesn't mean he's better defensively than Eriksson Ek. EE is right there with Danault and Backlund for the best in the league defensively. I'm not sure which of the 3 is best, but EE is right there.

Lindholm is a 2 way C. EE put up big numbers playing with one of the top 5 offensive players in the league. Lindholm when he did that scored 40+ goals and 80+ points. I'd say they are equivalent players. EE is better defensively, EL better offensively.

Yes, Canadian fans know nothing about hockey. Give me a break. EE is a beast defensively, good offensively. This conversation was about you saying Faber is a top 4 defenseman. He's not. Full stop. Eriksson Ek is a top 3 defensive center in the league. He's broken 50 points once in his career. He's not Elias Lindholm offensively. That's just a fact.
This is a very good evaluation but you are missing a few things here.
1. JEE generally does not play with Kaprizov, they actually only played ~66 minutes together at 5v5 this season. His production this year was more due to the chemistry upswing is his average powerplay production as well as the emergence of Matt Boldy as a Teavo Teravainen like 2-way winger. Nevertheless Lindholm is still without question the overall better player

2. Patrice Bergeron is hands down the best defensive center in the league, Just because he plays on their 1st line does not change the fact that he is without question the best shutdown center in the league. I would also like to add Anthony Cirelli, Yanni Gourde, William Karlsson (VGK), and Jordan Staal as some of the top defensive centers in the league and could all be considered at least on par with Backlund, JEE, and Danault. Pageau can also be quite solid but is definitely a tier below the aformentioned

Last edited:

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
The bias is on another level here… Minnesota only got that little because he was a pending FA. A 1st and a hometown kid is decent value for that. Calling someone who played less than 10 games and didn’t do anything special a top 4 D is hilarious. And yes he’s basically the definition of a B prospect.

Cherry picking one year but not mentioning that Lindholm was better literally every other season… interesting
He was rfa. Simple research shows you fiala was rfa

It's actually not too surprising, given what happens in most MN threads on this board with one particular lunatic.
Name calling someone lunatic whose never says shit to you is comical and telling about you

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
He was rfa. Simple research shows you fiala was rfa

Name calling someone lunatic whose never says shit to you is comical and telling about you
Did I say UFA? Pending FA includes RFA.

I like Lindholm as much as anyone here. He's been a 72 point per 82 game center since coming to Calgary. If you look at his production, his peaks of 78 and 82 lined up with Gaudreau putting up 99 and 115, as well as Tkachuk putting up 77 and 104, respectively. I think we all know who wasn't driving that level of production.

2023 1st + and a good but not elite prospect will do it. Throw in a 3rd for good measure. This isn't Eichel we're talking about here.

You can argue value of some of these guys all you want, but if we're being honest with ourselves, Guerin isn't trading Wallstedt or Faber for him. It has nothing to do with them being worth more or whatever you wanna claim. They're his guys and a massive part of the future he is building here. He's not trading them.
No it won’t do it. If you don’t think he could get more than a 1st and a B prospect you’re very misinformed.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Want the best prospects/young NHLers for a top 6 center with 1 year of control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad