Value of: Elias Lindholm for 2 First Rounders. Takers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Wings offer 2025 1st OR C Marco Kasper (former 8OA pick C) , 3rd + Fabbri (cap balance)

hes a UFA who turns 29 in 2 weeks, isnt having the best year offensively and the wings need a 2C and can afford pay him
Not hating this. The difference between the pick OR kasper is interesting.

Instead of fabbri, i'd rather do perron.

edit: willing to retain on perron too.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Not hating this. The difference between the pick OR kasper is interesting.

Instead of fabbri, i'd rather do perron.
yeah that could work - Perrons deal expires this year where fabbri has another year.
I suggested kasper because hes a C to replace the pipeline after losing Lindholm and wings keep danielson.

Larkin - Lindholm - Compher - Danielson is pretty gross C depth

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Lindholm would look great centering between Keller and Schmaltz and with Hayton out until about the start of the new year, I could see the Coyotes acquiring him and Zadorov and they have the assets to pull it off.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Lindholm would look great centering between Keller and Schmaltz and with Hayton out until about the start of the new year, I could see the Coyotes acquiring him and Zadorov and they have the assets to pull it off.
he would look good but not sure Arizona wants to start trading away 1st at this stage

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
yeah that could work - Perrons deal expires this year where fabbri has another year.
I suggested kasper because hes a C to replace the pipeline after losing Lindholm and wings keep danielson.

Larkin - Lindholm - Compher - Danielson is pretty gross C depth
completely agree. Compher has been absolutely awesome imo. I see some wings fans just say he is another copp or whatever but it just isn't true. They have similar styles, but compher just does it like copp did it 2-3 years ago

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
he would look good but not sure Arizona wants to start trading away 1st at this stage
I could see them doing it if they think they can get them re-signed. I admit Lindholm may be a dream, but Zadorov would make sense. I am also not sure that the Flames would want just draft picks. And remember, the Coyotes don't have a need for retention and with both they'll look like a playoff team.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
2025 1st OR C Marco Kasper (former 8OA pick C) , 3rd + Fabbri (cap balance)

hes a UFA who turns 29 in 2 weeks, isnt having the best year offensively and the wings need a 2C and can afford pay him
I would pass on this. It's not a great deal for the Flames.

a 1st and a 3rd is somewhat close since we wouldn't need to use a retention spot, but taking a cap dump from a team that doesn't need to dump one; let alone a contract w/ an additional year. Those are the kind of cap dumps teams have to pay for.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Think we’d be smart to look at the Horvat deal and go from there. If he keeps playing like he is, it’s probably a little less. He has to start producing a little more. It’s not like he’s been bad, but in comparison, let’s compare him to Detroit’s current 2nd line C… A team mentioned a lot in acquiring him…

Compher 3 G, 10 A for 13 pts, +5 in 16 games
Lindholm 3 G, 8 A for 11 pts, even, in 16 games

Lindholm is playing 21 minutes a night, Compher is at 18 and Lindholm at 54% to Compher’s 48% on face offs. Both RH for Dzone face offs.

So it’s tough making a case for Detroit throwing a couple of prime assets to Calgary, other than it would make Detroit deeper up the middle. Compher is now approaching a season and a half producing like this. Well worth the $5 million contract, who many on this site joked about.

It’s tough. If your Detroit, you’re probably interested, but only to a certain point, and probably not interested in giving away 2 prime assets. I can tell people for a certainty, that Yzerman is much more interested in making a deal for what he’d see as his McDonagh for Detroit right now, and that could be Hanifin.

Very similar players at 26 years old. Coincidentally, the same age McDonagh was when Yzerman traded for him. In that trade with the Rangers btw, Tampa also acquired JT Miller, for Namestnikov, Howden (who was a nice prospect at the time) a 1st, a 2nd and Hajek (another nice prospect at the time)

So I’m not sure if that would be about the worth of Detroit getting both Hanifin and Lindholm, but it might be close. That would resemble something like Maatta, Albert Johansson, Cross Hanas and a 1st and 2nd. Maybe you could swap Hanas and Savage if Calgary wanted a C. That was also for Miller under team control for a lot longer obviously, and at under $3 million.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Think we’d be smart to look at the Horvat deal and go from there. If he keeps playing like he is, it’s probably a little less. He has to start producing a little more.
I agree with you on looking at the Horvat deal. Which was a 1st (top 12 protected), a good prospect and a mid-20s roster player that is producing at an okay clip (Beauvillier had produced at a 35 points pace in the year and a half leading to the deal)

So if we are talking Wings, I think we're looking at a protected first, a prospect in the Wallinder/Kasper range, and Fabbri. I think that is comparable. If Lindholm doesn't start producing more regularly, maybe the prospect will be in the Tuomisto range.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
I agree with you on looking at the Horvat deal. Which was a 1st (top 12 protected), a good prospect and a mid-20s roster player that is producing at an okay clip (Beauvillier had produced at a 35 points pace in the year and a half leading to the deal)

So if we are talking Wings, I think we're looking at a protected first, a prospect in the Wallinder/Kasper range, and Fabbri. I think that is comparable. If Lindholm doesn't start producing more regularly, maybe the prospect will be in the Tuomisto range.
Rarely does a 29 year old pending UFA return a recent 8OA pick AND a 1st + a middle 6 fwd on top - wings easily say no

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Calgary should have sold over the summer when some people still thought he was a true 1C

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Rarely does a 29 year old pending UFA return a recent 8OA pick AND a 1st + a middle 6 fwd on top - wings easily say no
Why do people keep bringing up the ages of pending UFAs? They're not going to be in these places for years; and every top UFA is usually at least 27...

Also if you note, I gave a range of prospect and even said it could be less, but naturally you ignore that in order to overreact.

Frankly I don't think the Wings will be in a position to add players at the deadline anyway, I just used them as an example because other people were talking about them. If I were to wager, I would guess Colorado is the most likely destination for Lindholm.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

They should get around that value in a deal from someone. I’d be surprised if it was Detroit who offered that much though, given the difference in production right now between Compher and Lindholm being non-existent…. but if they were to trade for him, it would likely be something along the lines of a 1st, Fabbri and Cross Hanas.

I don’t think they’d give up Wallinder or Kasper in that deal. Especially knowing they’ll likely have a great chance to sign Stamkos next summer if they choose too. Think we’ll see Detroit do those type of deals more, as their prospects become more and more ready. Just like signing Kane. They’ll keep deals short unless it’s a 24-27 year old.

It’s funny though because I do almost accept Wallinder ends up in a big trade at some point. Just think it’ll be for a dman like Hanifin.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
They should get around that value in a deal from someone. I’d be surprised if it was Detroit who offered that much though, given the difference in production right now between Compher and Lindholm being non-existent…. but if they were to trade for him, it would likely be something along the lines of a 1st, Fabbri and Cross Hanas.

I don’t think they’d give up Wallinder or Kasper in that deal. Especially knowing they’ll likely have a great chance to sign Stamkos next summer if they choose too. Think we’ll see Detroit do those type of deals more, as their prospects become more and more ready. Just like signing Kane. They’ll keep deals short unless it’s a 24-27 year old.

It’s funny though because I do almost accept Wallinder ends up in a big trade at some point. Just think it’ll be for a dman like Hanifin.
I do think an extended Hanifin would be a better fit for the Wings too.

The one team I think should be all over Hanifin is the Panthers

Reactions: wintersej

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Yes please.

2x 1st. 2nd, Kakko, Jones and Perrault.

Hell we'll even retain 50% on Zadorov and pay a 3rd team to eat another 50% on each. :laugh:
Lol @ Perrault. Dude is second in NCAA scoring for freshmen (behind the likely 2024 1st overall draft pick) and tenth overall. He should have never lasted till 23. Off limits.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Lol @ Perrault. Dude is second in NCAA scoring for freshmen (behind the likely 2024 1st overall draft pick) and tenth overall. He should have never lasted till 23. Off limits.
Clearly I know it was a massive overpay and made in jest. I was mocking the ridiculous offer made because it was terrible for the Rangers.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lindhome isn’t having a very good year, his return is not going to be very good, a lot of you will be disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad