Value of: Elias Lindholm for 2 First Rounders. Takers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I think fair value for Elias Lindholm is two 1st rounders; 2024 1st + 2025 1st.

Or a 1st, 2nd and prospect.
I think your idea of fair value for Elias Lindholm is not backstopped by any sort of past trade that would indicate a rental forward heading in to UFA is worth back to back 1st rounders. Show me one trade like it and I'll show you 25 that don't fetch as much.

Giroux or Pat Kane are good comps here.

You'll surely get one first and you'll also get a solid prospect or mid round pick as well. Aim your sights accordingly.

Reactions: spaghtti and Oneiro

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A product of Johnny and Chucky’s contract year. And their passion for leaving Calgary. Someone is gonna get ripped off when Lindholm moves.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The most recent example is probably Bo Horvat. 27 years old final year of his contract, top 6, 2 way Centre with a 0.67 points per game for his career.

Lindholm 28 years old final year of his contract, top 6, 2 way Centre with a 0.69 points per game for his career.

Lindholm has had a better offensive career but Bo was in the midst of his best offensive season when he was traded including 31 goals in 49 games with the Canucks before being moved to the Islanders. Bo was a year younger when he was moved but these 2 have a lot of similarities. Basically they are somewhat comparable and Bo retained to $4.125 went to the Island. Beauvillier (cap), 1st round pick and Raty (good not elite prospect) went back to Vancouver.

I know not every trade is comparable but there is enough common ground between these 2 that it seems to provide a baseline.

So Lindholm for 1st, good prospect, player (cap).

Reactions: PlayMakers

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Just like every other rental that gets traded lol
I mean sure but 2 firsts lol for 6 months and rights to negotiate. I know nhl culture is ur expected to sign with the team thats trades for u but easily could see it not happening. 1st 2nd and prospect ok yeah maybe especially if a team like boston comes in.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I mean sure but 2 firsts lol for 6 months and rights to negotiate. I know nhl culture is ur expected to sign with the team thats trades for u but easily could see it not happening. 1st 2nd and prospect ok yeah maybe especially if a team like boston comes in.
Oh yeah. I agree with that. 2 1sts would have been a stretch in the summer. Maybe last deadline

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I kind of think Lindholm returns the same as Horvat. Lindholm is usually a better player than Horvat, but Horvat was red hot when he was traded. Lindholm makes less money, but Vancouver basically did retention to get him around Lindholm's cap hit.

That was a middle six youngish roster player, a 1st and a decent prospect.

I think we will get less than people expect for Tanev and more than people expect for Zadorov.

Rangers fork over 2 1st's, a 2nd, Kakko, Jones, and a choice of any other prospect not named Othmann

for

Elias Lindholm @ 50% retention
Nikita Zadorov @ 25% retention
That's a pretty nice offer if Kakko can be rehabbed.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
BOS:

Lindholm 50% retained (ext 8years, 8.5mill)

CGY:

Merkulov- Center Prospect putting up good numbers in the AHL the past two years
Gryz- Good two way defender that can be flipped at the deadline for at least a 2nd.
2025 1st round pick

Reactions: wintersej

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Ugh, I want NYR to get him badly - he would be a great compliment to Zib and Kreider.

Can’t see NY sending more than a first, 2nd and a prospect though. And the prospect won’t be as good as another team might offer.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He's not going to get 2 1sts - largely because he'll need a new contract. He'll get a 1st and change. Still a decent return.

Right Wing

Oct 3, 2020
A product of Johnny and Chucky’s contract year. And their passion for leaving Calgary. Someone is gonna get ripped off when Lindholm moves.
4 points last night. He’s good, the other guys he’s setting up can’t hit the net

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Rangers fork over 2 1st's, a 2nd, Kakko, Jones, and a choice of any other prospect not named Othmann

for

Elias Lindholm @ 50% retention
Nikita Zadorov @ 25% retention
Yes please.

2x 1st. 2nd, Kakko, Jones and Perrault.

Hell we'll even retain 50% on Zadorov and pay a 3rd team to eat another 50% on each. :laugh:

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
that's way more than i'd pay for a pending ufa, idno maybe if there's a bidding war and he goes for more than i think he'll get. do think he'd be particularly attractive to any contender that could afford him....him in the 2 or 3c role would give anyone an elite middle 6. 2 1sts seems like too much for a rental that's not a complete gamebreaker.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Wings offer 2025 1st OR C Marco Kasper (former 8OA pick C) , 3rd + Fabbri (cap balance)

hes a UFA who turns 29 in 2 weeks, isnt having the best year offensively and the wings need a 2C and can afford pay him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad