Value of: Elias Lindholm for 2 First Rounders. Takers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Better players with term haven't fetched 2 first-rounders.
That said... Tanner Jeanot returned a former 1st rounder in Cal Foote; and a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a 5th... so at this stage; IF there's a team willing to pay a stupid price, a team can get it.

But it's likely the exception not the rule.

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
Oilers fans are asking less than two firsts for McDavid? I think you need to learn to read
I think you need to come back to the trade forums and read after a Oilers loss....then you'll see.....if the losses continue he will be waived on HFboards by Christmas lol

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I think you need to come back to the trade forums and read after a Oilers loss....then you'll see.....if the losses continue he will be waived on HFboards by Christmas lol
Well you can easily link to some of these posts then, I guess? if there's plenty of them

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
Well you can easily link to some of these posts then, I guess? if there's plenty of them
I'm sensationalizing Oilers fans reactions to losses in a playful way. Lindholm is not fetching two firsts though. I could see a first and a prospect like you suggested but keep in mind it sounded like Lindholm was being looked at as an option last year and this summer by other teams and it never happened. Why? because Calgary's asking price was likely high. Likely the same scenario playing out in Vancouver with Garland.

Don't let my playful devaluation of Lindholm make you think I do not believe he is a good player, it's just a 1st alone at trade deadline for Lindholm would be a giant decision for teams to make let alone even having talk about adding a prospect or or additional first. You also have to consider that 1st is coming from a contender, so what does that 1st look like.

I don't know.... Calgary perplexes me. On paper they look like they should be one of the best teams in the league so is it ownership? or management? Two years in a row where I felt like Calgary was going to go beast mode on paper and.....but it never comes. In fantasy hockey I drafted Lindholm intentionally for two years, stopped this year. He is good, just not good enough. Always a weak spot for me compared to his peers.

Then you still have to decide if Huberdeau and Kadri are gonna want to stick around after Lindholms gone. I read this week that Kadri has already stated he does not want to stick around if a rebuild is coming. I have a feeling that if Lindhom is moved and not replaced Kadri will take that as a sign of re-build.

So there is my take

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm sensationalizing Oilers fans reactions to losses in a playful way. Lindholm is not fetching two firsts though. I could see a first and a prospect like you suggested but keep in mind it sounded like Lindholm was being looked at as an option last year and this summer by other teams and it never happened. Why? because Calgary's asking price was likely high. Likely the same scenario playing out in Vancouver with Garland.

Don't let my playful devaluation of Lindholm make you think I do not believe he is a good player, it's just a 1st alone at trade deadline for Lindholm would be a giant decision for teams to make let alone even having talk about adding a prospect or or additional first. You also have to consider that 1st is coming from a contender, so what does that 1st look like.

I don't know.... Calgary perplexes me. On paper they look like they should be one of the best teams in the league so is it ownership? or management? Two years in a row where I felt like Calgary was going to go beast mode on paper and.....but it never comes. In fantasy hockey I drafted Lindholm intentionally for two years, stopped this year. He is good, just not good enough. Always a weak spot for me compared to his peers.

Then you still have to decide if Huberdeau and Kadri are gonna want to stick around after Lindholms gone. I read this week that Kadri has already stated he does not want to stick around if a rebuild is coming. I have a feeling that if Lindhom is moved and not replaced Kadri will take that as a sign of re-build.

So there is my take

What exactly is your take? You just made up a bunch of shit.

2 firsts or a first and a good prospect would be an average return for Lindholm. If anything Calgary was looking for a lot more this summer. You making up oiler comments about McDavid doesn't change that or even really make sense.

Nothing really to surprising about the slow start. They changed defensive systems and Huberdeau and Lindholm are awful together. They're both significantly better away from eachother. They aren't going to replace Lindholm because that's borderline impossible to do but the team also has to many good players to do a rebuild. Shouldn't surprise anyone they want to do 1 or 2 year retool

Trade the UFAs, let the young guys develop this year and next year. Use the cap space to gain some assets. Go back all in when the young guys can consistently keep their play up. Huberdeau and Kadri have no say in the matter. What are they going to do, retire? They should get used to playing with young guys asap because that's what's happening.

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
What exactly is your take? You just made up a bunch of shit.

2 firsts or a first and a good prospect would be an average return for Lindholm. If anything Calgary was looking for a lot more this summer. You making up oiler comments about McDavid doesn't change that or even really make sense.

Nothing really to surprising about the slow start. They changed defensive systems and Huberdeau and Lindholm are awful together. They're both significantly better away from eachother. They aren't going to replace Lindholm because that's borderline impossible to do but the team also has to many good players to do a rebuild. Shouldn't surprise anyone they want to do 1 or 2 year retool

Trade the UFAs, let the young guys develop this year and next year. Use the cap space to gain some assets. Go back all in when the young guys can consistently keep their play up. Huberdeau and Kadri have no say in the matter. What are they going to do, retire? They should get used to playing with young guys asap because that's what's happening.
and I got you to waste 5 mins of your day responding to it....

You keep waiting on those two 1st champ

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I came in yesterday to give it a laughing reaction. I came back today, undid that just so I can give it a laughing reaction again

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
I think fair value for Elias Lindholm is two 1st rounders; 2024 1st + 2025 1st.

Or a 1st, 2nd and prospect.

Oilers fans are asking less than two firsts for McDavid? I think you need to learn to read
we were told we would get that for him or either Leon if we tried to trade either one. Please get your facts right--other team fans were not willing to give the picks up,

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
just looking back on trades in the past year or so Lindholm isnt getting 2 firsts signed or not. most trades involving a first of any kind also had them top 10 protected. and if your team does it, the GM should be fired before the trade is processed.

Bond

May 10, 2012
just looking back on trades in the past year or so Lindholm isnt getting 2 firsts signed or not. most trades involving a first of any kind also had them top 10 protected. and if your team does it, the GM should be fired before the trade is processed.
Yup. Any Flames fan expecting two 1sts will be sad. I’m expecting 1st and meh prospects or a top prospect from a weaker pool and a 2nd

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
And yet there were people who said Toronto wouldn’t even get a 1st in a Nylander trade a month or two ago! 😂😂😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad