Value of: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin at the draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
If he wants 6M on a long term deal we should absolutely extend him. If you think he's taking less than 5M you are out to lunch. The cap is going to leap quite a bit in the next couple years and a 6M top pair defensman is going to start looking like 4.5M does now
Nevermind. I don't know why I had it in my head Weegar getting more than that.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Lindholm if traded this offseason would fetch a haul.

He's basically better at everything other than FOs (still very good) than Bo and if traded this summer would still give you a full year on a dirt cheap contract.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I haven't been here much in a while so I'm a bit out of sort, but Hanifin seems fairly ideal option for Buffalo. Ideally we clone Samuelsson, but in lieu of that Hanifin is at the top of shopping list.

Lindholm is obviously really nice player, but with Cozens filing the two way center niche, it isn't as urgent as it once once was when we drooled over Jordan Staal.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I haven't been here much in a while so I'm a bit out of sort, but Hanifin seems fairly ideal option for Buffalo. Ideally we clone Samuelsson, but in lieu of that Hanifin is at the top of shopping list.

Lindholm is obviously really nice player, but with Cozens filing the two way center niche, it isn't as urgent as it once once was when we drooled over Jordan Staal.

Maybe something like your 1st and Peterka for Hanifin with an agreed extension?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Columbus has too many young and prospect forwards to squeez all of them in top6 (or even top9) positions. And they need to fix defense, so Hanifin can be a target for them. Of course they won't trade their 2023 1st.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Would the flames take 2023 1st round pick (via Islanders) around 15-20 OA and a LHD prospect for Lindholm?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Columbus has too many young and prospect forwards to squeez all of them in top6 (or even top9) positions. And they need to fix defense, so Hanifin can be a target for them. Of course they won't trade their 2023 1st.
Jarmo said the LA 2023 1st is available for a D.

Something around LA pick for Hanifin could make sense.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Soooo a top pairing Dman who's gonna get paiddd, a late 1st and a disappointing prospect...

Yahhh, pretty sure they can do a lot better
For average 1c (but very good 2c) and LD with some risk and didn't proove something.
Toews = < Lindholm ( who's gonna paid )
Newhook+ first >>Kylington

First is probably too much

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
For average 1c (but very good 2c) and LD with some risk and didn't proove something.

For a flames team that is capped out and loaded on the blue line, this is not a trade they should make, Lindholm isn't average either, quality 2 way 1C's are hard to find, harder than 1st paring dmen even.

Also again Newhook is a disappointing prospect while Kylington (even injured) is a lot more valuable and the 1st will be late in an average draft. No that's not too much.

Again Flames could do a lot better.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Maybe something like your 1st and Peterka for Hanifin with an agreed extension?
I wouldn't give up Peterka.

But you might get, 23 1st and Isak Rosen. And I think Rosen is going to be pretty good -- he will need one more year to grow into an NHL body, though. With Savoie and Kulich coming in (don't even), I think he's blocked in Buffalo.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

What does this actually do for the Flames though? If Lindholm is leaving, their centre group is abysmal and they are likely rebuilding. Why, in that situation, are they looking to acquire Toews. Why do they need another top 4 d-man? Why do they want to trade for an older player?

The Flames also aren't selling low on Kylington for a late first. Alex Newhook has no value to the Flames, as they already have a slew of guys who can fill his role.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Calgafy has Dmen on the market it would be given Columbus would be calling them non stop

That La 1st is 100% on the table for a Dman

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I wouldn't give up Peterka.

But you might get, 23 1st and Isak Rosen. And I think Rosen is going to be pretty good -- he will need one more year to grow into an NHL body, though. With Savoie and Kulich coming in (don't even), I think he's blocked in Buffalo.
I think that's a steep price to pay for a pending UFA & a guy who might not be the best fit - despite him having connections with Granato. But assuming there's a reasonsble extension in place & there are no other viable options on the market - i might be tempted to pull the trigger.

I'm not sure Adams will however - given how he overvalues his picks/prospects.

Weegar or Andersson are two Calgary players id absolutely break the bank for if they are looking to blow it up...

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Lindholm finished 2nd behind Bergeron in Selke votes last year. Unless you blow Calgary's socks off, I think they are fine keeping him. If the Flames had any sort of capable/reliable goaltending this year, everyone would be singing a different tune.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lindholm finished 2nd behind Bergeron in Selke votes last year. Unless you blow Calgary's socks off, I think they are fine keeping him. If the Flames had any sort of capable/reliable goaltending this year, everyone would be singing a different tune.

The age is starting to be a problem for Calgary.

All the big time money spend on 30/30+ players and little on younger players, where’s the development going to come from?

Markstrom is 33y next year with 3x6 left on his contract,
Huberdeau will be 30y with 8x10.5M left,
Kadri will be 33y with 6x7 left,
Weegar will be 29y with 8x6.25M left,
Tanev& Backlund will be 34y next season.

Now add a 30y Lindholm at 8x9 and where’s their future?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad