Value of: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin at the draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nov 1, 2011
If Calgary traded Lindholm at next years deadline 50% retained and got that as a return I’d be pissed, let alone a for both for a year. The 1st is obviously spectacular but OEL and Boeser wipe out most of its value, that’s 13 million for the next 2-4 years after this one gone.

I hear you. There is a huge value difference between a 15-30 pick and a top picks (I bet many would trade 15+20+25 for 6 this year).

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Wouldn’t give up this years top 5 pick for Lindholm but I would give up a lot of other high end assets if he’d come with an extension — similar to how the Tkachuk to Florida deal went down last year.

A few other untouchables like Gaudreau, Werenski, Johnson, Marchenko, and Jiricek but I’d personally be open to everyone/everything (like LA’s 1st) else.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hold on to them

If you can’t sign them, you can easily get a 1st and some prospects or more picks at the TDL for each

Reactions: viper0220

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Would be curious what the Flames could get for this package at the draft. Lots of teams would be inquiring as both are on low cap hits. Maybe trade up for a top 5 overall?

They can trade Hanifin and Lindholm in separate deals for good packages of picks/prospects, and then combo those up with what they already have to facilitate a trade.

The Flames contract situation really isn’t that horrible - nobody is signed for more than two years except Huberdeau, Weegar, Kadri, Coleman, Andersson, and Markstrom. They could drastically Re-shape this roster in a hurry.

A few things need to happen.

1. Dustin Wolf needs to be legit. Sutter hockey requires elite goaltending.

2. Markstrom needs to not suck. He doesn’t need to win Vezinas, but he needs to be a solid NHL goalie who can start 45 games.

3. They need a top-10 pick this year, and they need to hit on it. They need at least a Barzal level player.

Feb 19, 2018
Hanifin would work great in Vancouver and we have guys like Garland or Boeser and picks we could add. Maybe Boeser since there has been reported interest and a pick swap this year.

Hanifin + 1st 23

Boeser + 1st 23

Looking like it will be a difference of around 5/6 spots at this point and the way the teams are trending. Both players are around the same age and are strengths for their teams.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hanifin would work great in Vancouver and we have guys like Garland or Boeser and picks we could add. Maybe Boeser since there has been reported interest and a pick swap this year.

Hanifin + 1st 23

Boeser + 1st 23

Looking like it will be a difference of around 5/6 spots at this point and the way the teams are trending. Both players are around the same age and are strengths for their teams.
It depends for me on if Michkov is available at Vancouver's pick. If he is, I do it. If he isn't, the tier of player isn't that different between those 2 picks.

Feb 19, 2018
It depends for me on if Michkov is available at Vancouver's pick. If he is, I do it. If he isn't, the tier of player isn't that different between those 2 picks.

If Michkov is available and with the new Russian connection in Vancouver we run up to the stage and say no take backs. It’s still a reasonable trade offer regardless.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If Michkov is available and with the new Russian connection in Vancouver we run up to the stage and say no take backs. It’s still a reasonable trade offer regardless.
Not for me unless it's a Michkov tier. I view Boeser at a negative value asset. He'd cost a 2nd and 3rd to dump. Hanifin would return a 1st and a 2nd. That's 2 1st round picks of value to move up call it 5 or 6 spots. Not a chance unless Michkov is there.

Feb 19, 2018
Not for me unless it's a Michkov tier. I view Boeser at a negative value asset. He'd cost a 2nd and 3rd to dump. Hanifin would return a 1st and a 2nd. That's 2 1st round picks of value to move up call it 5 or 6 spots. Not a chance unless Michkov is there.

So a franchisee forward is the difference that will come in on a ELC contract? I can tell lots of B.C residents have moved to Alberta and started growing Bud.

I could see some retention on Boeser but he’s definitely not a Cap dump and he’s very familiar with the players on your team.

Regardless Garland could be substituted in the deal if that is your thoughts.

Ledge And Dairy

They can trade Hanifin and Lindholm in separate deals for good packages of picks/prospects, and then combo those up with what they already have to facilitate a trade.

The Flames contract situation really isn’t that horrible - nobody is signed for more than two years except Huberdeau, Weegar, Kadri, Coleman, Andersson, and Markstrom. They could drastically Re-shape this roster in a hurry.

A few things need to happen.

1. Dustin Wolf needs to be legit. Sutter hockey requires elite goaltending.

2. Markstrom needs to not suck. He doesn’t need to win Vezinas, but he needs to be a solid NHL goalie who can start 45 games.

3. They need a top-10 pick this year, and they need to hit on it. They need at least a Barzal level player.
The odds of them getting a top 10 pick are very very low without winning the lottery. At best they can finish 10th as Detroit is only 4 points behind them currently. However St. Louis and Philly are both 12 points beck and with less than 20 games remaining that is a huge gap to make up

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012

Hanifin + 1st 23

Boeser + 1st 23

What's the view on garland, swap boeser with him and I'd do it

Feb 19, 2018
What's the view on garland, swap boeser with him and I'd do it

It’s both teams dealing from a position of strength honestly. Canucks landed Kuzmenko and pushed one of Boeser or Garland out of the lineup due RW RHS players. Calgary is loaded on defence.

Garland has been unreal under Tocchets system and it’s much like Calgarys now. He has like 15 points in 17 games under him.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
It’s both teams dealing from a position of strength honestly. Canucks landed Kuzmenko and pushed one of Boeser or Garland out of the lineup due RW RHS players. Calgary is loaded on defence.

Garland has been unreal under Tocchets system and it’s much like Calgarys now. He has like 15 points in 17 games under him.
Just that Boeser is too slow for my liking. Need a winger for huberdeau and boeser is too similar to toffoli and it didn't work

Bond

May 10, 2012

Id do the swap with garland assuming kylington is back next season

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Hold on to them

If you can’t sign them, you can easily get a 1st and some prospects or more picks at the TDL for each

This is the most logical thing to do but the Flames will be the Flames and they will extend them.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Only way Lindholm is moved is if he refuses to re-sign.

Hanifin on the other hand, should absolutely be available. Not only do the Flames need to shed some cap in the summer, they'll likely want to change the makeup of their team and moving Hanifin achieves both of these things.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Only way Lindholm is moved is if he refuses to re-sign.

Hanifin on the other hand, should absolutely be available. Not only do the Flames need to shed some cap in the summer, they'll likely want to change the makeup of their team and moving Hanifin achieves both of these things.

Just curious, why is Hanifin the guy you would choose to move, as opposed to others?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canucks would have done it if they had cap room. I kid you guys not.

I do like Lindholm though.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If Hanifin is available at the draft the Blues would be interested. Blues cap space isn't a problem because there are plenty of moves that could be made to accommodate the space over the summer, plenty of options exist.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Assuming Kylington ever decides he wants to play pro hockey again, Hanifin should definitely be moved.

1st + B prospect or 2nd + roster filler would probably get it done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad