Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Eichel probably done until after the all star game. I'm actually excited to see where the teams stands without him.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I apologize for my deleted post. My points were:

1. Eichel's injury shouldn't be career-ending like Joe Theismann's, or take 1+ year recovery like Kevin Ware's.

2. Buffalo made Cup Finals the season after Perreault broke his leg. There is other young talent on the Sabres which will continue to grow and develop, both together and individually, regardless of whether Eichel is out 4-6 weeks or much longer.

The optimist in me believes Eichel will be rested for the playoffs, having missed a quarter or more of the season by the time he returns.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I apologize for my deleted post. My points were:

1. Eichel's injury shouldn't be career-ending like Joe Theismann's, or take 1+ year recovery like Kevin Ware's.

2. Buffalo made Cup Finals the season after Perreault broke his leg. There is other young talent on the Sabres which will continue to grow and develop, both together and individually, regardless of whether Eichel is out 4-6 weeks or much longer.

The optimist in me believes Eichel will be rested for the playoffs, having missed a quarter or more of the season by the time he returns.

43116d2331e6adf4a5a44f461d4ea7c3803df3884e479585d87e589e065ae949.jpg

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Gotta the twitter feed at work today, saw the video clip and I want to throw my phone against the wall!

Based on what I saw, I was think maybe, if we got lucky, and MCL sprain.

However, the High ankle sprain is about a bad a situation as we could ge that was a torn ligament.

The guy is out 2 to 3 months minimum. he will miss at east 35-40 games.

Totally sucks but at least it's not the entire season. Really hard injury to deal with, you can't train and skating is off limit for 4/6 weeks at the very earliest.

Here's hoping Samson can step up and jump to a different level.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Team loses 19 year old stud center in practice the day before season opener. What do you expect?

Annoyance and frustration. Talk about how the season is done and Jack's long-term health is just Buffalo fans being Buffalo fans.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Confident in this team in its second year to stay afloat without him. You pray that Okposo replaces mostly of Eichel's goals, and guys like Kane and Moulson step up.

That said... this is a blow. This is a huge developmental year for Eichel. Lots of guys see significantly lower levels of play in their second season... no way to say Eichel would or wouldn't have... but we delay things as a result. It's. It as easy as "plug him back in when healthy" and we're all good to go.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Let's also not forget how hard this kid works. I have a feeling he'll be back soon enough. He might even have to be held back by the team if they want him to take it easy.

I am excited to hopefully see Reinhart at center. Maybe Jack comes back and we develop the center spine if O'Reilly-Reinhart-Eichel that some of us have been hoping for.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We lose an elite talent but can still roll out a center spine of:
ROR
Reinhart
Larsson
Girgensons

We could have worse problems

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Yeah season is still young then. It's this ROR news for tomorrow that adds even more doubt though.

Thankfully Montreal isn't starting Price, so Buffalo should still be in the game despite a lot of offensive talent being out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad