Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The VanGuard

Dec 22, 2015
Lewiston, NY
a false self-consciousness

embrace the tank. :(

Everyone was "jacked" up in Buffalo, but The rest of the hockey world knows the Sabres are a terrible team with Jack Eichel or without him. I expected this team to be a non-playoff team but now I expect bottom 3. No other option but to embrace the tank! Buffalo fans don't fall in the false self-consciousness trap. We are a very bad team with a very bad coach, an unproven tender, a now an overpaid man named Rasmus. Oh and a Captain who can hardly skate anymore, and an owner who is a pretender.

Only hope is a few more top draft picks. Let's not live in the false hockey world that surrounds this city and think we ever had a chance at the playoffs. I am embracing the tank, because I was never jacked up about this team. A few more years and maybe; let's not make this complicated.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Sprains can be worse than a break.

Speaking from personal experience, yes they typically are much worse. Longer recovery period and physical therapy. Plus, the more severe the sprain, the more likely for recurring injuries.

If the doctor's initial thought is high ankle sprain, then it's most likely a high ankle sprain. The best thing he can do, if it's confirmed, is do as the doctor's order and give it the chance to fully heal. We have enough other talent, if we can even just stay .500 while he is out, we'll be okay.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Biggest problem is we all know Kane, Bogosian and Lehner will be injured shortly. We won't have the depth to sustain all those injuries.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Cause all of me
loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
all your perfect imperfections

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Embracing the tank talk makes my head hurt. Losing Eichel sucks, but we have a great center in ROR, other young guys like Reinhart who will get better, Ennis back, a new top winger in Okposo (eventually), and Lehner in shape. We are going to struggle at times but the team needs to continue working to be better. No crying and going backward.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Embracing the tank talk makes my head hurt. Losing Eichel sucks, but we have a great center in ROR, other young guys like Reinhart who will get better, Ennis back, a new top winger in Okposo (eventually), and Lehner in shape. We are going to struggle at times but the team needs to continue working to be better. No crying and going backward.
With Ryan O'Reilly, Reinhart, and Larsson we will play defense 1st. A lot of boring 2-1 games, but if Lehner is up to it we can have success.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
hurt myself today*
To see if I still feel*
I focus on the pain*
The only thing that's real*
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting*
Try to kill it all away*
But I remember everything

No goal! No goal! Brett hull you pos!

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
With Ryan O'Reilly, Reinhart, and Larsson we will play defense 1st. A lot of boring 2-1 games, but if Lehner is up to it we can have success.

Yeah there will be grinding games for sure. It'll also be less fun. But if they can hold the ship at .500, then they'll at least be in sight of the other teams when Eichel returns. Our start last year was brutal, but the back half was playoff worthy.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
Oil fan here, tough break guys. was really looking forward to the Eichel/McDavid match coming up this week. It's a really tough loss, but I do think your team is much better built to deal with it, than the Oilers were. ROR is unreal. Wishing Eich a speedy recovery.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Everyone was "jacked" up in Buffalo, but The rest of the hockey world knows the Sabres are a terrible team with Jack Eichel or without him. I expected this team to be a non-playoff team but now I expect bottom 3. No other option but to embrace the tank! Buffalo fans don't fall in the false self-consciousness trap. We are a very bad team with a very bad coach, an unproven tender, a now an overpaid man named Rasmus. Oh and a Captain who can hardly skate anymore, and an owner who is a pretender.

Only hope is a few more top draft picks. Let's not live in the false hockey world that surrounds this city and think we ever had a chance at the playoffs. I am embracing the tank, because I was never jacked up about this team. A few more years and maybe; let's not make this complicated.

You funny guy

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Yeah...Nope....

Everyone was "jacked" up in Buffalo, but The rest of the hockey world knows the Sabres are a terrible team with Jack Eichel or without him.

Outside TSN, who hates anything Buffalo, hockey fans saw Buffalo as a team on the rise, with a bunch of young players. They may not have thought they were Stanley Cup contenders but to contend for a wild card spot wasn't out of the question.

We are a very bad team with a very bad coach, an unproven tender, a now an overpaid man named Rasmus.

Not a very bad team, we are a decent team. We don't have a very bad coach, maybe not the best coach, and maybe fans had their eyes on Babcock on, and once he slipped through our fingers and we compare any other choice to him. We had two goalies last year for the majority of our season who were a. a career backup, and b. unproven NHL goalies, and we were in many games, in spite of our horrible offense showings. What they heck do you think Rasmus was worth, since you think 5.4 million is overpayment?

Oh and a Captain who can hardly skate anymore, and an owner who is a pretender.

Can't skate anymore? Seriously? Sure he can't play the role he used to play, but he was pretty darn effective in the role he was in last year. What do you mean, an owner is a pretender? What has he done to stop Murray and Co. from competing for free agents, coaches, and other aspects of the Sabres?

My hope is a few more top draft picks. I'm going to live in the false hockey world that surrounds my own opinion and think we ever had a chance at the playoffs. I am embracing the tank, because I was never jacked up about this team.

I fixed the rest for you.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Wow are there some unhinged Sabres fans out there or what .... :laugh:

This team is ready for the playoffs even with Eichel sidelined for the first six weeks or so. I can count a lot of guys who I'd expect to take the reins when Eichel slumps. It's a team game and the biggest weakness going into tomorrow night is still whether we can field a playoff quality defense. Show me that and I don't even worry about a twenty-year old scoring center missing some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad