Confirmed with Link: Edmundson to Toronto

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This is about as underwhelming as it gets.

My first thought after hearing Treliving traded for Edmundson wasn't "awesome, the Leafs are gonna win the cup". It was "moron, he did it again". I knew Treliving was gonna do something stupid.

I just didn't know how stupid until he did it.

A brain dead pigeon could do a better job. At least the pigeon wouldn't keep wasting picks on bottom of the roster scrubs. Cause Edmondson and Lyubushkin are sooooo much better than Erik Karlsson.

At this point I can only hope Treliving somehow manages to do the right thing despite himself.

His incompetence has been proven already. Other than being a shameless sycophant I can't think of any reason Shanahan should want to keep him around. Sadly I think the possibility of Edmundson being re-signed is greater than that of Treliving being fired.

It really doesn't get anymore disappointing than this.
It is frustrating for sure. We just endured 5 years of an incompetent GM and now we have another one

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
How many years ago was that? From what people are saying is he's not that good anymore. My take is most of you don't watch other teams play ever.
Interesting you should say that. I’ve noticed there are only a few dozen who post about about non leaf games they’re watching in the around the league thread.
I’ve found myself giving more weight to their opinions just based on the knowledge they do actually watch other teams.

Reactions: stealth1

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
This is about as underwhelming as it gets.

My first thought after hearing Treliving traded for Edmundson wasn't "awesome, the Leafs are gonna win the cup". It was "moron, he did it again". I knew Treliving was gonna do something stupid.

I just didn't know how stupid until he did it.

A brain dead pigeon could do a better job. At least the pigeon wouldn't keep wasting picks on bottom of the roster scrubs. Cause Edmondson and Lyubushkin are sooooo much better than Erik Karlsson.

At this point I can only hope Treliving somehow manages to do the right thing despite himself.

His incompetence has been proven already. Other than being a shameless sycophant I can't think of any reason Shanahan should want to keep him around. Sadly I think the possibility of Edmundson being re-signed is greater than that of Treliving being fired.

It really doesn't get anymore disappointing than this.

yes for sure adding a big dman able to clear the front of the net and whos playing extremely hard is a bad move whrn its exactly whats pratically every leafs fan claiming loud since like 5-6-7 years???

Reactions: Ports and pdson

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
so what we looking at realistically speaking.... (the way it stands now future change not included)

Scenario A
Rielly Boosh
Brodie Endmundson
Beniot McCabe
Liljegren

or

Scenario B
Rielly Boosh
Brodie Liljegren
McCabe Edmundson
Benoit

or

Scenario C
Rielly Boosh
Edmundson Liljegren
Benoit McCabe
XXX

Brodie traded to someone?

or

Scenario D

11F and 7D

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
While you’re not wrong, the reality is 3rd+ rounders are long term projects if they make it at all, which the overwhelming majority don’t. Only something like 1/10 3rd picks become NHLers, and the results get worse from there later rounds go.

While these players listed eventually got to the NHL, on average it took 5+ years for them to get there and it’s debatable how effective they even were in some cases when they made it initially. It might be 7-8 years before you have a truly effective player.

Even if we hit on one of these players in just a few months, in June, they won’t be of any help to our current core players while they try to win in their prime.

Engvall: drafted 2014 -> NHL 2019/20
Brown: drafted 2012 -> NHL 2015/16
Holmberg: drafted 2018 -> NHL 2022/23
Johnsson: drafted 2013 -> NHL 2017/18
Woll: drafted 2016 -> NHL 2022/23
Verhaeghe: drafted 2013 -> NHL 2019/20

Eventually all the traded picks will catch up with us, and hard, as they do with all teams that sustain a long period of trying to win, and we’re going to be very bad, but that’s the price you pay. Let’s just hope we have the success we’re looking for before we get there.

People should be prepared to watch the draft capital continue to be dealt for the next 4 years minimum. Not saying keep nothing, but the dealing of picks isn’t going to stop. Best we can hope for is they are used wisely.
Perfectly said. There is no point complaining about losing draft picks. It's what winning teams do. The cost of trying to win now is understanding that it will prevent you from winning in the future. Do you think Tampa cares about the picks they lost to win two cups? Or Pittsburgh? When years from now the Leafs are the ones rebuilding, they will get all these picks back, and the cycle will repeat.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Then he should stop giving away draft picks like candy for rental depth dmen

We needed at least one of the two of Boosh and Edmundson. I can definitely see the argument though both was too potentially more than we should have. I’m willing to see the plan through first before I’m too critical

Reactions: aingefan

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We needed at least one of the two of Boosh and Edmundson. I can definitely see the argument though both was too potentially more than we should have. I’m willing to see the plan through first before I’m too critical
But if the argument is that he needs to build up draft capital and bolster our prospect pool because Dubas ruined it, then he's making the wrong moves. If his plan is to build around the edges by bringing in depth guys, I'm pretty skeptical to say the least

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Edmundson doesn't hurt the team this year. If he is terrible, he can get waived.
I'm happy for the additional entertainment of the leafs unleashing some misery on opponents. Some of you chicken littles need to chill and enjoy.

Reactions: Ports

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
But if the argument is that he needs to build up draft capital and bolster our prospect pool because Dubas ruined it, then he's making the wrong moves. If his plan is to build around the edges by bringing in depth guys, I'm pretty skeptical to say the least
Hopefully someone just crushes Marchand

Perfect he pounded Marchand

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Wayne Train was on TSN and he said he felt the Leafs weakness in the past playoffs was their inability to clear the front of the net.
So obvious. Softest defense in the league. Not anymore. Their $40M core can’t score in the playoffs so they need to play a shutdown game and protect the net front. And that ain’t Lily, Brodie or Rielly either.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
So obvious. Softest defense in the league. Not anymore. Their $40M core can’t score in the playoffs so they need to play a shutdown game and protect the net front. And that ain’t Lily, Brodie or Rielly either.
Exactly.

Reactions: Ports

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
yes for sure adding a big dman able to clear the front of the net and whos playing extremely hard is a bad move whrn its exactly whats pratically every leafs fan claiming loud since like 5-6-7 years???
Only those that actually understand how the game is played. The rest only know how to read numbers on a screen.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
If we are going to lose either way hopefully the Leafs go crazy on Pasta and Marchand. Take them right out

Reactions: Leafs87

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
IMG_1422.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad