Podcast (Audio) Edmonton Sports Radio/Podcast Thread - Part 7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The best Edmonton sports radio show/podcast?

• Total voters

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing I like about 1440 is getting to hear of things like Kelly Buchberger and the Devon Xtreme. Had no idea Devon as now in the AJHL and that Kelly is the head coach/GM.

Seems like a step down for the guy, but I do think he will be good with the kids.

Edit: Oh wow three blasts from the past in Sebastian Bisallion, Ty Rimmer and David Schlemko apart of the staff as well.

Lol look a little further and Smid apart of them too. Wonder what happens with the Oil Kings and him.

Reactions: oilers'72

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
One thing I like about 1440 is getting to hear of things like Kelly Buchberger and the Devon Xtreme. Had no idea Devon as now in the AJHL and that Kelly is the head coach/GM.

Seems like a step down for the guy, but I do think he will be good with the kids.

Edit: Oh wow three blasts from the past in Sebastian Bisallion, Ty Rimmer and David Schlemko apart of the staff as well.

Lol look a little further and Smid apart of them too. Wonder what happens with the Oil Kings and him.
If you plan to go to a game in Devon, go early, its a very small arena. They are playing in their new arena beside the old one. Devon getting a team was very fast, right after the Sherwood Park and Spruce Grove left for the BCHL. Went to an exhibition game it was packed.

Reactions: oilers'72

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
First off, I'm a big fan of the OilerNation crew, especially Yeremchuk, but today, he, and the majority of the crew were way off in their opinion. They were saying Edmonton is trouble with their 3rd line, Liam said we may have to trade for an entire new 3rd line, which is insane. Let's look at who is in the conversation for it...

Henrique is 3C, unless RNH drops back Rico moves up, which isn't the plan, so Rico at 3C, easy a top 10 3C imo, maybe higher.

Winger options...

First off Kane - when healthy, would be an ELITE 3rd line winger. (so don't include him)

until he's back, who...

Vets...

Connor Brown
Janmark
Perry
Ryan
Lane Pederson (probably more of 4C option)
Caggiula
Hamblin

Young guys...

Podkolzin
Lavoie
S. O'Rielly
Savoie
Philp (again more of a 4C option)
Jarventie

That's a bunch of options to fill out the bottom 6, until Kane is back.
There are some interesting options there. IMO, Henrique and C. Brown are 2/3 of the 3rd line, and that's a solid 2/3. Brown, up until his knee injury 2 years ago, was a great 3rd line winger. So as I see it, they have 2/3 of an above average 3rd line, including the most important part, 3C. Add Kane to that twosome, and that's an ELITE 3rd line. Until Kane is back, they have a bunch of options, you put guys like Janmark or Ryan there, and it's very responsible and easy to trust. You could gamble and at some point, use a Lavoie or Savoie, and it could pay off.

Guys like Pederson, Perry, Hamblin, Caggiula are more likely better on the 4th line. But it's clear, they have a solid foundation with Brown and Henrique, making it a solid 3rd line, no matter what direction they move in. 4th line is more of a question mark, but they have a few options, some vets, some younger guys, and don't forget, when you have the deepest/best top 6 in the NHL, and to me, a damn good 3rd line, the 4th line won't be playing major minutes.

Yeremchuk was going off on Janmark being on a bad deal, 1.4 x 3? He's an elite, shut down 4th line winger, and an elite penalty killer, making 1.4!!!! the league average is about 3 million per now. Not every contract of someone in your bottom 4 or 5 wingers needs to be on a deal at 1 million or less. Ya, Janmark is not a big goal scorer, but what he is big at is... Killing penalties, and not getting scored against. Plus, he's versatile, he can play C, or 3rd or 4th line winger. I think they were way off this take. I love 3rd line, with Kane, it might be the best 3rd line in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad