Podcast (Audio) Edmonton Sports Radio/Podcast Thread - Part 7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The best Edmonton sports radio show/podcast?

• Total voters

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Watching the Score used to be a staple of my school mornings when I was a kid in the 2000's. Glad to see how they've reinvented themselves.

Reactions: oilers'72

theonetheonly

Nov 30, 2015
The last two days have been a huge triumph for Dustin Nielson and the other TSN1260 refugees (Lieutenant Eric, Matthew Iwanyk & Tom Gazzola) who joined him a year ago to start up a fledgling internet radio station based on a model created by Winnipeg Sports Talk. Using their website, YouTube and eventually the TuneIn & IHeart Radio streaming platforms, Nielson & Co. have quite successfully turned an idea into a steadily growing entity that now broadcasts live between 6 am and 6 pm every weekday. There are now a couple of bright young producers (YouTube Trev & Zachticum), an ever-growing number of advertisers on-board and over 10000 YouTube subscribers as well as some rapidly developing new broadcasters from other fields: Joaquin Gage & Jay "Glue Guy" Milne. The recent additions of veteran broadcasters Reid Wilkins from CHED (with co-host Milne from 3-6) & Hernan Salas (ex-TSN1260 with Gage from 1-3) have not just added 5 more hours of daily programming, they have also brought a more polished but still fun tone to the operation.

While it's up to people to decide if the show content on EST is to their liking in comparison to Jason Gregor's also-imperfect Sports 1440, it's terrific for an old sports talk radio junky like me to see the genre thriving again here. With TSN 1260 getting yanked and 630 CHED steadily shrinking their coverage, I was far-from certain what would be left for me outside of podcasts and Oilers/Elks broadcasts.
This comment reads like a press release

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad