Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Right the guy who has never been in a single hockey fight as an adult is gonna rock RNH who has won multiple fights in the NHL. Anderson is soft as f*** and can't even out muscle the Nuge. Can only tackle a guy (we'll call it that to make you guys happy) from behind who is already wrestling with 2 other Kings players.
I know Anderson has lived rent free in so many Oilers fans head for this past year, but that doesn't mean the facts aren't that he would literally lay RNH out on the ice snoring. Sorry mate, I don't make the rules

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Toss up. Oilers looking strong but LAK play a style built for post season.

I'm gonna go LAK in 6

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Kings fans: We don't have a chance without Fiala and Vilardi.

Also Kings fans: The nerve of people thinking that we don't have a chance.

You can't blame 'em, though. You'd be bipolar, too, if you had to cheer for a McLellan-coached team. 🐨:scared:
Damn, it's almost as if, in a whole entire fanbase made up of separate people, theres different opinions amongst them? Crazy concept for you to grasp, I know....

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
I wouldn’t bet against the Oilers. McDavid and Drai are at a level beyond anyone else in the league right now. Kings are in better shape on defence than last year and Korpisalo is the best goalie for either team. Oilers in 6 but it will be tough.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I know Anderson has lived rent free in so many Oilers fans head for this past year, but that doesn't mean the facts aren't that he would literally lay RNH out on the ice snoring. Sorry mate, I don't make the rules
Facts with no evidence to back it up. Good luck with that one. RNH has won multiple NHL fights. Mikey Anderson hasn't fought in the NHL, AHL, and played NCAA where you can't fight.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Have fun with this one, mods
When you have players like McDavid and Draisaitl in their absolute primes this becomes THE sporting event in hockey on that given night. So you have a general population base significantly higher than any other series except the Leafs… because the Leafs.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I wouldn’t bet against the Oilers. McDavid and Drai are at a level beyond anyone else in the league right now. Kings are in better shape on defence than last year and Korpisalo is the best goalie for either team. Oilers in 6 but it will be tough.
Korpisalo and Skinner have been basically a wash this year. Its hard to evaluate Edmonton's defence on the season as a whole because they've looked drastically better since Desharnais and Ekholm have joined the line up.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Korpisalo and Skinner have been basically a wash this year. Its hard to evaluate Edmonton's defence on the season as a whole because they've looked drastically better since Desharnais and Ekholm have joined the line up.

Korpisalo was phenomenal with Columbus in the playoffs when he played there and has been rock solid ever since joining the Kings. Skinner has never played an NHL playoff game. I would rather have Korpisalo but it still shouldn’t be enough to beat the Oilers in this series. The Oilers have built a big and heavy team and should be able to wear down the Kings defence. If the Kings win it will be down to goaltending.

Reactions: Macheteops

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
This thing is like at the Zapruder Film level now.

The danger of a slewfoot is causing a player to hit their head on the ice. Anderson is holding him tight the entire time, negating what the point of a slewfoot is.

Anderson's leg is right in between Drai's legs. There is no sweep of one of the legs. There is no sweep of the leg while pushing the player backwards so they fall hard on their back or head.

If it was actually a slewfoot, Drai doesn't hurt his ankle. He would of just fallen over hard on his back/back of his head. This is a tackle from behind that unfortunately caused Drai to turn his ankle as he attempted to stay upright and not get pulled down. It's a damn hockey scrum in a playoff game.

If this happened to a Kings player and Kings fans kept pushing this slewfoot narrative, I'd nonstop be telling them how wrong they are.
I think the play proved plenty dangerous. Whether its a UFC takedown or a slewfoot I dont think its a great hockey play.

But alas, that was last year so I’ll stop living in the past now.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Idk his career kinda hit a wall ... Anderson...idk if he's okay bro

Reactions: Macheteops

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Yeah, Ekholm was the domino, Nurse being in the right role as well as Desharnais not having to overplay has made them a lot more stout from a raw D perspective, I think people are slow to catch up on the cascade effect there

Desharnais playing too much almost looks like MacDermid, just straight fish out of water, but in a limited role and the team in control, he's punishing and eats space near the net, which means the most noticable difference about the oilers defense is how much harder it is to get to their slot.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Kings are on a big hot streak too.

Their 2 losses were both to Edmonton I believe.
Kings are 5-5 in their last 10

Just so non-Oiler / non-LA fans can draw their own conclusions.
I see why there's an argument it wasn't a slewfoot, but damn that's close.

Video fact: the whistle went after McDavid dug at Quick.

Call it a horse collar leg sweep if it makes you feel better.

It was a dirty f***ing play. But when your name is Mikey your pretty much a lock to be a d bag.

Oilers are a much bigger team this year so the Kings tough guy act won’t work. Oilers in 6.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
LA is being severely underestimated, and Edmonton lacks the leadership group to avoid this from becoming a problem. I'll pick the team that likes to play physical, defensive playoff style hockey over a team with 2 NHL defencemen and a gutless flopper wearing the C. Kings in 6.

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
Damn Anderson sounds scary, we must fear him, even tho multiple Oilers have reportedly asked him to dance only to be turned down this season. Maybe that's why he got ran face first into the boards.

LA is being severely underestimated, and Edmonton lacks the leadership group to avoid this from becoming a problem. I'll pick the team that likes to play physical, defensive playoff style hockey over a team with 2 NHL defencemen and a gutless flopper wearing the C. Kings in 6.
Kings play physical? Oilers ran their show last 2 games and our defense is bigger and meaner than their smurfs

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I know that its poor form to wish injury on players but is it frowned upon to hope Mcdavid comes down with a bad case of the shits for a week or two?

I think it'd give him even more propulsion to skate faster!

And wow guys, it's quickly getting pretty toxic in this thread, a lot of people need to take a little timeout in the corner and think about what they did.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Kings play physical? Oilers ran their show last 2 games and our defense is bigger and meaner than their smurfs
Your defence has one of the biggest divers in the league in Nurse and a lazy pylon in Bouchard. The only blueliner on the Oilers that fits that description is Desharnais, who has done absolutely nothing to prove that he belongs in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad