Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I know that its poor form to wish injury on players but is it frowned upon to hope Mcdavid comes down with a bad case of the shits for a week or two?
That's fine. I mean he'll still torch your team and they'll have to skate through the mess, but whatever floats your boat, friend.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Yes I wonder how many years Oilers fans would cry if Anderson did to McDavid what McDavid did to Anderson. Would rival Leafs fans still complaining about the Gretzky high stick on Gilmour.
We'd be mad for a very long time - and it wouldn't be justified. I think most would have been okay with a major for McDavid's hit due to the result (it plays more to people's irrationality than strict criteria for a punishable play, but it is a factor.) While the hitter is ultimately responsible, the hittee's sudden turn makes any long-term rage against the hitter somewhat foolish, albeit understandable for fans of the injured player's team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Last year was a close 7 game series and the Kings didn't have their best skater (Doughty).

This year LA has a healthy Doughty, Edmonton added Ekholm. Advantage: LA

LA added a top line winger (Fiala), Edmonton's forward depth is slightly improved. Advantage: Even

Edmonton has a legit starting goalie (Skinner). I doubt either of LA's goalies (Korpisalo or Copley) can match what Quick did last year. Advantage: Edmonton

My head says Oilers in 7 (barf), my heart says Kings in 7.
The Oilers forward depth is greatly improved. Their bottom 6 is light years better this season and RNH is a much better player this season.

With that said, it's going to be a close series either way. The Oilers have more skill but McLellan plays that stifling system that will keep the games close, it's gonna be a grindfest.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
There definitely was, but don't worry Nuge will take care of it. The man can't even out wrestle our little boy Nuge.

Why the hell do Oilers fans ever even post this clip claiming there was a DDT?

Are they so blind they are unable to see Nuge grab Andersons leg and lift it, taking them both down to the ice?

Or are their homer goggles just that bad? Idk.. but what I do know is this fake "DDT" and Andersons fake "slew foot" have sent them into a frenzy for a whole year now over nothing burgers lool

Reactions: Nasti

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Lol are people this mad about the Anderson hit 😂😂😂

Get real man it wasnt even suspension worthy god this site had a lot of speds.
Some are still mad. I think most of the responses in here are stemming from a few posters asserting that the play was something that just magically happened, and Anderson had no impact on the play.

It was a very impactful play, though, so it makes sense that it's being talked about.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Weren't you the one arguing with me that a few months is enough time to change an opinion?

You have the biggest knee jerk reaction takes on the site, so why am I acting shocked that you’re playing both sides to save face.

Quit making excuses already :sarcasm:

I think they support me more than I support them ;)

Says the guy who spends thousands on a team he actively hates. Once again, thank you for financially supporting them. You sure show them!

ilovetheshowlost

Sep 8, 2016
I think the Kings are a great team. A really tough matchup (stylistically) for the Oilers. I think special teams, and whoever gets the first goal are going to be the biggest factors. I'll say Oilers in 6, but I am not as confident as some!

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yes he is. Your contribution to the thread is not valuable. Bring more to the table.
So you’re comparing me to Nurse

You have the biggest knee jerk reaction takes on the site, so why am I acting shocked that you’re playing both sides to save face.

Says the guy who spends thousands on a team he actively hates. Once again, thank you for financially supporting them. You sure show them!
I mean… In the end they kind of pay me seeing as how most is resale

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think the Oilers are anything special, I think McDavid is. Way he is playing not sure any team lasts more than a few games in a series unless Skinner shits the bed or a lot of injuries happen
All teams will last more than a few games, the minimum is 4 :sarcasm:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Kings fans: We don't have a chance without Fiala and Vilardi.

Also Kings fans: The nerve of people thinking that we don't have a chance.

You can't blame 'em, though. You'd be bipolar, too, if you had to cheer for a McLellan-coached team. 🐨:scared:
Eh I thinks it’s more the obnoxious, unearned cockiness than anything. It’s almost like people never learn shit from history.

“Nobody can stop Tampa!” Swept in the first round by Columbus.
“Canucks are going all the way!!!” Got their asses kicked in the first round by the Kings.

Or maybe it has to be the same teams?

“Gretzky lead Oilers are unstoppable!!!” Miracle on Manchester and eliminated in the first round.

Be humble.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Eh I thinks it’s more the obnoxious, unearned cockiness than anything. It’s almost like people never learn shit from history.

“Nobody can stop Tampa!” Swept in the first round by Columbus.
“Canucks are going all the way!!!” Got their asses kicked in the first round by the Kings.

Or maybe it has to be the same teams?

“Gretzky lead Oilers are unstoppable!!!” Miracle on Manchester and eliminated in the first round.

Be humble.
After Winnipeg, Chicago and Colorado. You’d think some humbleness would be instilled

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
So you’re coming me to Nurse

I mean… In the end they kind of pay me seeing as how most is resale

It makes your posts so much more comical knowing that this guy hates the Oilers so much, but spends thousands on season seats to watch them every home game. Around a fanbase you hate.

Hahahahahahahhaa

What a miserable existence you must have as a hockey fan. You spend more time on this forum and actual money, supporting a team you despise. It’s hilarious!

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
No question this series gets by far the highest TV viewership in the first round, maybe the entire playoffs. Two massive hockey markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad