Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Deranged.

It’s a scrum. Both players lost their balance and fell down. That’s it.
(Said along the lines of Gimli with his axe in the Orc's nervous system)

Draisaitl lost his balance because Anderson was hanging on to his neck with his leg behind him and wouldn't let go!

Do you seriously think Draisaitl still falls in that manner without a 200lb man hanging off his neck?? come on man.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
With no disrespect to the Kings intended, I'm just not worried about losing this series. I know first round upsets happen all the time, but if the Kings win, I consider it a monumental upset. If the Kings win more than one game, I will be quite surprised.

Agreed. I said 5 games because you never know but wouldn't be surprised at a sweep and each game being a blow out. Oilers offense can't be stopped

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Aren't the oilers like 1/15 on the PP against LA this year? Thought I saw that stat but could be wrong.

Looking at the last month or so of their schedule was a bit eye opening. They were about 50/50 with teams like Boston, Winnipeg, Vegas. They took two against the injured Kings but both were close games.

I see a lot of bottom feeder wins in that stretch tho.

Reluctantly I still think Oilers are a legit threat. McDavid alone can will them to victory. Just don’t think they are the unbeatable juggernaut many make them out to be.
Lol, check out LAs wins since Jan, all pretty horrid teams except like 5 games.

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
And? Nurse is terrible
Healthy Nurse is better than Doughty at everything and has 1 yes,1 pp point.

Nurse is in the top 15 in pretty much every single offensive and defensive stat the last 3 years. ESP, Hits, Blocks, PK time, ES time, plus minus, Pk goals, PK assists, SHP, GWP, GWG, ESG, quality of competition.

Seriously. Look it up. It is shocking how consistently he is in the top 15 of every single metric, yet HF says he is not a legit #1 D because he played injured in the playoffs lol.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
giphy.gif

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Healthy Nurse is better than Doughty at everything and has 1 yes,1 pp point.

Nurse is in the top 15 in pretty much every single defensive stat the last 3 years. ESP, Hits, Blocks, PK time, ES time, plus minus, quality of competition.

Are you talking about Darnell Nurse?

• Haha
Reactions: Beaushemp

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
He didn’t “plant” anything. He literally fell over backwards with his leg between Draisaitl’s, off the ice no less. You’ll see what you want to though.

“Cool story” indeed.
Nah. I'll see what's on the video. This is why I don't call it a slewfoot either.

It's funny, though, that you're not actually refuting anything I said (aside from perhaps your interpretation of "plant"). Yes, he did literally fall backwards (not sure why "literally" was necessary here) with his leg between Draisaitl's. His foot slid forward as they fell and came off the ice as they fell.

You are leaving out a couple of details. The yadda, yadda, yadda is what makes this not malicious, but reckless.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Looks like Andersson's left leg pushes Draisaitl's right out from under him while he he pulls him down from behind, no?

He grabs Leon from behind and physically pulls him backwards down to the ice, and his leg took Drais out.

Dipshit move., Can't just face wash him and pull him out. This idiot decided to give him that WWE backwards suplex. Also gave RNH a DDT earlier in the game

Reactions: capazzo

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Worst possible matchup for the Oilers if Fiala plays. A heavy, fast, big and trapping team will give the oilers fits. So will the 50/50 calls you always see in the playoffs.

Kings in 6.
Is this the mighty Fiala who was in the dog house and playing bottom 6 for a while? Guy also has to get up to speed after missing time.

I will take the Oilers 468 point "Big 4" over Fiala and Co. lol

Reactions: capazzo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad