Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Danault will probably face McDavid all serie long .

Danault has the ability to shutdown the very best in the playoffs. That confrontation will be interesting.

It also shows Bergevin’s inabilities .

That being said , go oilers !!!
Do you mean the Danault who tried shutting down McDavid last playoffs where McDavid had 14 points with Danault checking him a 2ppg average in the series

Why didn't he board Edler then?
Because he was doing his buddy a favor for Anderson slew footing Draisaitl

Reactions: Homesick

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
This is going to be a good series. Best rivalry in the league right now.
Have a feeling Devils-Rangers will spawn a similarly fun rivalry.
Hey Oiler fans lets make an agreement. Neither side complains on the main boards about reffing.

Reactions: Homesick

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
If the series goes either way, can we all agree to get rid of this narrative of "lol, youre not gonna make it past the next round, it took you 7 games to beat team x"

It's the NHL...no series is going to be easy, it doesn't matter if you made it into OT in 3 of 4 loses, or beat a team in 7 games...all that matters is who moves on

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You're right, why did I only count three games? There were four. 3-1 Kings, 6-3 Kings, 2-0 Oilers, 3-1 Oilers. So it was actually 10-9 in favor of LA, with a 2-2 season series record. My bad, I made a mistake.

I don't get this karma thing with Mikey. It was a wrestling match in a scrum. That literally happens all the time, and it was really unfortunate that Draisaitl got hurt there. Are Oilers fans suggesting that Mikey targeted Draisaitl's ankle in a calculated high-ankle sprain move? Or that because he injured an Oilers player, he had it coming? Does McDavid now have it coming back his way?
Yeah we both messed up the counting haha.

I don't think Anderson meant to injure Draisaitl. But the combination slewfoot/takedown that he pulled certainly had a decent probability of Draisaitl getting hurt. It's why the slewfoot is so looked down on as a gutless play, the guy doesn't have a chance to defend himself.

Similarly, I don't think McDavid intended to hurt Anderson... but that's why I called it karma. Frankly if McDavid wanted to hurt Anderson, I don't think he would have pulled up as much as he did.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope the Oil win
I think it goes to 7
Lot of this comes down to LA's very good team D and what their goalie will do. Very nicely built team IMO. Might have the formula for my Oil.

If Skinner falters then I'm not sure about Campbell at all. Going in healthy is nice... all our big impact players are in good form. Connor is not human.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
When did Kopitar and Doughty’s Cups get revoked?

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.10.30 PM.png

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The Oilers have all the proven winners and the Kings don't have any. Due to this I went Oilers in a short series.
Hmmm what is your definition proven winners? It wasn't that long ago Doughty and Kopitar, were hoisting cups. So kind of confused by this post

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Here is Clippers playoff schedule.

Game 3: Suns vs. Clippers | Thurs., April 20 | 10:30 ET (NBA TV)
Game 4: Suns vs. Clippers | Sat., April 22 | 3:30 ET (TNT)

Game 3: Grizzlies vs. Lakers | Sat., April 22 | 10 ET (ESPN)
Game 4: Grizzlies vs. Lakers | Mon. April 24 | TBD

So game 3 Friday and game 4 Sunday, otherwise you will have to do Sunday 23rd and Tuesday the 25th.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I hope the Oil win
I think it goes to 7
Lot of this comes down to LA's very good team D and what their goalie will do. Very nicely built team IMO. Might have the formula for my Oil.

If Skinner falters then I'm not sure about Campbell at all. Going in healthy is nice... all our big impact players are in good form. Connor is not human.
They gave up 4 fewer goals than the oilers this year.

Same D that was missing Doughty, was playing 2 rookies, a D with one leg, etc? Funny how THAT narrative never makes it into these idiotic takes.....
Nurse played with a torn hip flexor.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Kings in 7. One of the few upsets in round one.

Oilers are just not a complete enough team, and they rely too heavily on the PP. The playoff refs won't give out as many PP opportunities, and a vet team like LA knows how to limit their hooks and holds when it counts.
Wrong PPs go up in the playoffs…. As has been stated to death on this site by many posters

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Aren't the oilers like 1/15 on the PP against LA this year? Thought I saw that stat but could be wrong.

Looking at the last month or so of their schedule was a bit eye opening. They were about 50/50 with teams like Boston, Winnipeg, Vegas. They took two against the injured Kings but both were close games.

I see a lot of bottom feeder wins in that stretch tho.

Reluctantly I still think Oilers are a legit threat. McDavid alone can will them to victory. Just don’t think they are the unbeatable juggernaut many make them out to be.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Why didn't he board Edler then?
he should've. Edler's been a cheapshot artist since way back in his days in Vancouver.

And to the other post saying Anderson only did what happens all the time in scrums by pulling Draisaitl down from behind, that's bullshit. By that rational McDavid's hit on Anderson was fine as well, as hits into the numbers happen in every game, it's not McDavid's fault Anderson is made of glass.

An example of that, in the 3rd period of same game as McDavid's hit on Anderson, a Kings player hit Derek Ryan squarely from behind into the boards from 3 feet away, but because Ryan got up right away and wasn't hurt, there was no call.

This cherry picking shit to make your team seem like angels and the other team seem like assholes, is ridiculous. Andersons play on Draisaitl was a dick move with huge potential for injury that did in fact cause an injury, and so was McDavid's.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Yeah we both messed up the counting haha.

I don't think Anderson meant to injure Draisaitl. But the combination slewfoot/takedown that he pulled certainly had a decent probability of Draisaitl getting hurt. It's why the slewfoot is so looked down on as a gutless play, the guy doesn't have a chance to defend himself.

Similarly, I don't think McDavid intended to hurt Anderson... but that's why I called it karma. Frankly if McDavid wanted to hurt Anderson, I don't think he would have pulled up as much as he did.
Here’s the thing though. Oilers fans claimed the McDavid hit was nothing more than a 2 minute penalty and that it was proven because he didn’t get supplemental discipline. Well, Anderson also didn’t get supplemental discipline even though a “slewfoot” is suspendable. So maybe it wasn’t a slewfoot and just a guy taking down another guy in a wrestling match. Just because Anderson’s leg was behind Draisaitl, along with the rest of his body, doesn’t make it a slewfoot.

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad