Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
It always scares me when the Oilers are favored... traumatized by the Jets series and Blackhawks play in round.
Me too lmao, but that's just part of spots. Kings always play us hard so I don't see voting for 5 or less games. I don't think the Kings are as big a dog as what's being claimed, to me this is the Pacific final matchup, I think both of these teams can give Vegas a pretty good run for it's money.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
In three games this year, LA outscored Edmonton 9-6, won two of the three games, and held McDavid and Draisaitl combined to 2 goals (both McDavid) and 1 assist (Draisaitl). In the last loss, the Kings were missing Fiala and Vilardi and McDavid concussed Anderson 30 seconds into the game.

I think Edmonton fans are getting a little cocky in here.

I think you mean 7-6 (6-3 LA, 2-0 EDM, 3-1 EDM) and I wouldn't get too cocky about putting up 6 when you only managed one goal in six periods the next two games.

As for Anderson... never really like to see a guy get hurt, but after what he did to Draisaitl, you can't say he had karma on his side.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
If the Kings can rattle Skinner early this series will tilt in their favor with Campbell in net.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Offered my soul to the 😈 not to play Oilers apparently he wasn't a taker. Best Oilers team in years. If Kings can get Fiala and Vilard back they will be back to the team that had great success in March. And it would be a fun series

That said get ready for some bad ice in LA as both Clippers and Lakers are in playoffs.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
In three games this year, LA outscored Edmonton 9-6, won two of the three games, and held McDavid and Draisaitl combined to 2 goals (both McDavid) and 1 assist (Draisaitl). In the last loss, the Kings were missing Fiala and Vilardi and McDavid concussed Anderson 30 seconds into the game.

I think Edmonton fans are getting a little cocky in here.

Something tells me McDavid and Draisaitl won't be each held to 0.5 ppg against the Kings . . .

Reactions: nturn06

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think you mean 7-6 (6-3 LA, 2-0 EDM, 3-1 EDM) and I wouldn't get too cocky about putting up 6 when you only managed one goal in six periods the next two games.

As for Anderson... never really like to see a guy get hurt, but after what he did to Draisaitl, you can't say he had karma on his side.
It's actually 10-9 for the season series. Kings won 3-1 and 6-3. Edmonton won 2-0 and 3-1.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I think the Oilers edge it out but in a drawn out series. LA seems like a team that plays good enough by commission that even with some injuries, they’ll stay in the fight.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
This is going to be an easy series for LA. Terrible matchup for the Oilers. 5 or 6 games.

Edmonton gets exposed as the pretenders they are. Woodcroft gets fired in the offseason, and they bring in a real coach to play real NHL hockey. Not this mickey mouse nonsense they are doing now.
This jinx ain’t it lol

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

You're right, why did I only count three games? There were four. 3-1 Kings, 6-3 Kings, 2-0 Oilers, 3-1 Oilers. So it was actually 10-9 in favor of LA, with a 2-2 season series record. My bad, I made a mistake.

I don't get this karma thing with Mikey. It was a wrestling match in a scrum. That literally happens all the time, and it was really unfortunate that Draisaitl got hurt there. Are Oilers fans suggesting that Mikey targeted Draisaitl's ankle in a calculated high-ankle sprain move? Or that because he injured an Oilers player, he had it coming? Does McDavid now have it coming back his way?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
No Fiala and no Vilardi = Oilers in 5. Korpi steals 1 but Todd McLellan's inept coaching finds him putting MacEwen out vs. McDavid on home ice.

There is absolutely NOTHING encouraging about the Kings of the last couple of weeks, it's like TM merged his choking history with the Kings' history of conceding the division in the last couple of games to start choking BEFORE the playoffs instead of during.

Nice to see Koala Todd hasn't changed at all, still the same coach that put Lucic out in OT.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You're right, why did I only count three games? There were four. 3-1 Kings, 6-3 Kings, 2-0 Oilers, 3-1 Oilers. So it was actually 10-9 in favor of LA, with a 2-2 season series record. My bad, I made a mistake.

I don't get this karma thing with Mikey. It was a wrestling match in a scrum. That literally happens all the time, and it was really unfortunate that Draisaitl got hurt there. Are Oilers fans suggesting that Mikey targeted Draisaitl's ankle in a calculated high-ankle sprain move? Or that because he injured an Oilers player, he had it coming? Does McDavid now have it coming back his way?
The same McDavid that got knee’d by Edler earlier in the year?

Reactions: Captain Controversy

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
I think Oilers in 4 cause LA can't play Edmonton without using trap play which eliminates their offence too. It'll be a close low scoring 4 game sweep for the Oilers

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I think Oilers in 4 cause LA can't play Edmonton without using trap play which eliminates their offence too. It'll be a close low scoring 4 game sweep for the Oilers
Our offense has been top notch all year while playing a trap game.

Scoring has been down because we've played without our leading scorer 13 of the last 16 games (Fiala) and missing Gabe Vilardi for an extended amount of time as well.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The Oilers have all the proven winners and the Kings don't have any. Due to this I went Oilers in a short series.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The same McDavid that got knee’d by Edler earlier in the year?
So you're suggesting that Alex Edler tried to take out Connor McDavid?

McDavid tried to jump out of the way of the hit. It sucks that their knees made contact, but there's no scenario in which Edler is fast enough to catch McDavid in knee-on-knee contact on purpose. Connor got sandwiched trying to split Edler and Anderson-Dolan.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yes, noted bad boy Mikey Anderson, career rife with fines and suspensions, consciously injured Draisaitl in a scrum, and therefore deserved to be concussed by Mcdavid in a blatant boarding.

Good to see the Edmonton brain trust has been working overtime to figure this one out.

Reactions: Nasti

KnightCap78

Aug 10, 2020
I'm going to go Oilers in 7 this series. If the Kings take the series and prove me wrong i will be very happy.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The Oilers have 12 players with 10 or more goals. The Kings have 11 players with 10 or more goals. The depth... How will LA possibly handle the depth... Oilers in 4 obviously, clean sweep, in fact LA won't even score a goal.

I don't know about Edler, but Vilardi and Fiala likely play. If Edler doesn't play, it's actually a net positive for the Kings.
Why you say that, good sir?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Kings play a solid game and the Oilers will have to play well to win. This is a team the Oilers should beat though. Oilers in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad